Calling all GDCers who were at Wembley June 19th 2010

Tre_Gina

Wembley Pole!  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you guys know if it's definitely been laid what number "Wembley way" is it on? Walking around and I can only find number 1 and number 113.... And it doesn't seem to Be on either....?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's on number 2, near the Bobby Moore statue. Stood infront of the statue facing the stadium it would be the 2nd spoke on the left according to the map Gina posted. Or about halfway between entrance G and H.

I hope its there!

There doesnt seem to be a number 2 spoke... We found number 1 and carried on round and couldnt find it.

There doesnt seem to be a number 2 spoke... We found number 1 and carried on round and couldnt find it.

Thats really weird... it says 2 on the map. Seems a bit odd that they would say it has been laid when it hasn't. I have to go now, hope you find it and I'll see you all later :)

Oh this is really great! I already wondered if you guys got enough money together for the stone and if so, when the stone would be laid. Awesome that it's been laid already.

I hope the people going to the Frank Turner show and/or meet up can find it. Can't wait to see pictures! :D

aw thats a real shame you couldn't find it :( maybe it hasn't been laid yet as on the login page it says "Allocated to location Spoke 2 WW" as it just says allocated maybe it isn't there yet. I've emailed to see if it is actually down or not.

I know why you guys couldn't find the stone...it's not down yet :( I had a reply from the people and it says -

Dear Gina

Thank you for contacting the Wembley Way Team.

I am sorry about the confusion, your stone has not been installed as yet, your customer login shows that it has been allocated to location Spoke 2 WW () and a map that you can download that shows you where your stone is going to be installed.

When your stone has been installed the status on your login page will state that it has been installed and will give a reference A, B, C or D in the (), we will also e-mail you advising you that it has been installed.

Work will be commencing this week, we are planning to carry out three installations, weather permitting.

Should you have any other queries or require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Sue Dakin

Wembley Way Support Team

I'm really sorry about that but it is a bit annoying that I had an email saying it would be laid at the end of feb but now we find out it still hasn't been done!

So yeah sorry you were hunting something that wasn't there and I'll keep you updated.

Awh man, I suppose I'm glad it hasn't been laid because if they emailed back saying it was there and we hadn't seen it that would've been more annyoing. Oh well, next trip to Wembley will hopefully be to see Green Day and it'll be there ready!

• 4 weeks later...

I have another update....

I have just logged in and it now says INSTALLED to Spoke 2 WW (A) so I can say 100% it is now there, the map is still the same as the one on the previous page.

Again, I'm so sorry for the mix up and you guys hunting for it at the FT gig, I feel bad :( but if you go now it WILL be there.

I have another update....

I have just logged in and it now says INSTALLED to Spoke 2 WW (A) so I can say 100% it is now there, the map is still the same as the one on the previous page.

Again, I'm so sorry for the mix up and you guys hunting for it at the FT gig, I feel bad :( but if you go now it WILL be there.

It's snow problem! Will just have to hunt for it when GD next play!

Brilliant! Awesome to think of it being there with "GDC" on it :happy:

Is anyone going to be out there again soon?

Awesome I'll go and see it next time I'm in London. I was in London on Monday but didn't think to go and look, I wonder if it had been laid then

I'm definitely going to go and find this next time I was there. It was such a nice day meeting people from here before the gig. Hard to believe that it was almost two years ago. I think I chatted to Lili, Harry and Juliette. Saw a crowd of others. Next London show, definitely going to see more people.

I wasn't even there and I'm excited to see this! Can't wait for pictures.

I wasn't even there and I'm excited to see this! Can't wait for pictures.

Next time...

I've had an email now confirming it's there. I'm excited to see it and will do make a trip there next time I'm in London.

This project provided tangible evidence of GDC's magic. Well done, everyone. :happy: I'll look forward to any photos that arise.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi People! Guess where I went on Friday....

P1040877.jpg

P1040875.jpg

P1040873.jpg

P1040872.jpg

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Archived