Original Songs or the Acoustic Versions?

Jack

As many people have said before, i would love it if they would make an acoustic album.

THIS! This so much. I want an album with clean studio recordings of Whatsername, Redundant and all other those other great songs made even greater as acoustic versions. :pinch:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually love the acoustic version of Give Me Novocaine. The song's plenty awesome as is (and is one of my personal favorite GD songs), but when stripped-down, it just has a much more mellow, contemplative feel to it.

I still think a full-band, electric Good Riddance would be fun to hear, even if just once.

Did he do all of Novocaine or just part of it?

And I fully, 100% agree with the bolded part. They could do like Nirvana did with Polly.

Funny, but really good :)

ffs stop quoting videos

That's the Bridge School show I was talking about. It's amazing.

I actually dislike them playing songs which should have electric guitar and the full drums and bass etc. acoustically. Why can't they just play them properly with distortion? Christie Road, She's a Rebel, Give Me Novocaine, Waiting, Before the Lobotomy, COMING CLEAN - play them with distortion it's so much better. It's fine for them to have their acoustic songs ie. Good Riddance, WMUWSE so long as they are kept acoustic and the distorted songs kept distorted.

WIMHA on acoustic is a gem. So's burnout/pulling teeth

You guys aren't really showing "Last Night on Earth" much love. Look, it may send a million times better with piano.

No. LNOE acoustic > everything. EVERYTHING.

It really depends on the songs, but I can agree that acoustic versions have always a different kind of magic in them...

I love this:

Oh, and I think Christie Road is my favourite acoustic song. It's just so amazing :wub:

I actually dislike them playing songs which should have electric guitar and the full drums and bass etc. acoustically. Why can't they just play them properly with distortion? Christie Road, She's a Rebel, Give Me Novocaine, Waiting, Before the Lobotomy, COMING CLEAN - play them with distortion it's so much better. It's fine for them to have their acoustic songs ie. Good Riddance, WMUWSE so long as they are kept acoustic and the distorted songs kept distorted.

Do you even know what acoustic means? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

Distortion and Acoustic are NOT opposites, they are two totally different things. You can have distortion on an acoustic guitar (and it sounds great, by the way).

Also, WMUWSE is not only electric, excluding the intro, but also distorted.

lrn2music

[Edit 2014:] lol calm down

Bridge School Benefit. All acoustic.

Best concert they've ever done.

Geek Stink Breath and Hitchin' a Ride are amazing.

agreed. just an all around amazing concert. so atypical for Green Day but so beautiful. gotta love mikes acoustic bass

i love Longview acoustic too

It really depends on the songs, but I can agree that acoustic versions have always a different kind of magic in them...

I love this:

stop quoting videos

Oh, and I think Christie Road is my favourite acoustic song. It's just so amazing :wub:

I LOVE WORDS I MIGHT HAVE ATE. especially totally acoustic. great medley there. probably the best one they did on that tour

Do you even know what acoustic means? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

Distortion and Acoustic are NOT opposites, they are two totally different things. You can have distortion on an acoustic guitar (and it sounds great, by the way).

Also, WMUWSE is not only electric, excluding the intro, but also distorted.

lrn2music

OK I take your point and do know the difference! I mean I would prefer them to play songs more like they are on the album when they are proper 'hardcore' songs like Coming Clean, Burnout etc. Experimentation is OK but for me the originals are always better. Just my opinion

I love acoustics, especially oldies - pre Dookie and Dookie ones. :)

p.s. you guys left out When it's Time.. it's deserved a place in our hearts, too.

Even though I'm slighty biased towards Whatsername (so much love for that one), I usually really like hearing acoustic versions, cause there is something really interesting in stripping a song from it's studio production and other added effects, and just leave the essence and main instruments. It not only shows what the song is really made of and it's core, but it also shows the handle that the performer/artist has on the song, how they keep the essence of it.

Personally, I love how Billie can make the acoustic sound as powerful as an electric, when he plays it it doesn't sound weak or softy, it still packs a punch.

nope i don't like the acoustic version so much, except songs that their original version already acoustic like Olivia.

and i love the acoustic version of Good Riddance for sure :D

Can anyone link me to a good quality recording of Whatsername acoustic, if there is one?

Personally, I love how Billie can make the acoustic sound as powerful as an electric, when he plays it it doesn't sound weak or softy, it still packs a punch.

I've never thought about it like that before, but that is a good point and I agree.

I love his acoustic sound and that might be just the reason <3 :)

The Acoustic Encores are amazing :D and i think any song Billie does is awesome, but i think "Whatsername" is one of the best :D

these are good :)

So true! I absolutely love the way he attacks his guitar during the instrumental part of Good Riddance live, it always looks like either the guitar's gonna break or his arm's gonna fall off. Awesome :wub:

So true! I absolutely love the way he attacks his guitar during the instrumental part of Good Riddance live, it always looks like either the guitar's gonna break or his arm's gonna fall off. Awesome :wub:

It is awesome, but when I hear Good Riddance I fear he's going to end up breaking the strings or that they will come off :lol:

I have to say I LOOOVE the acoustic versions of the oldies Billie played at the encore during this tour :wub: I completely fell in love with the songs over again.

I HATE when bands play songs acoustic. If they weren't originally that way then don't make them acoustic. I'm not much for acoustic songs. I have a couple here and there I like but I don't really like them. I don't really like slow songs either. I want fast songs that I can rock out too. I don't want to hear ANY of their songs acoustic. But that's just me.

1. Do you even know how to respond to a post without being a dick? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

I was never hugged as a child :\

[Edit 2014:] TBD's a fegot pass it on

• 2 years later...

Does anybody else wish he would've played something obscure from Insomniac when those acoustic encores were prolific?

Does anybody else wish he would've played something obscure from Insomniac when those acoustic encores were prolific?

Good god, no. I don't see how anything from Insomniac could work at all acoustic. The unplugged version of Geek Stink Breath at Bridge School was interminable enough.

Good god, no. I don't see how anything from Insomniac could work at all acoustic. The unplugged version of Geek Stink Breath at Bridge School was interminable enough.

I like that version. :mad: Instrumentally, anyway. Billie doesn't sing it right for an acoustic performance.

I like that version. :mad: Instrumentally, anyway. Billie doesn't sing it right for an acoustic performance.

He doesn't sing it right for an acoustic performance because there's no way to sing a song like that right for an acoustic performance!

@NotAnyone Have you heard the part of Tight Wad Hill he busted out on 2009/08/25?

Archived