Songs that grew on you

Little Girl Little One

I used to hate basket case (god knows why) but fairly recently i decieded to listen to the BIAB version and i fell in love with it.

I think that i didn't like basket case so much because of the video (when i was 9 years old i found it just plain crazy :runaround: )

I've also started to listen to nimrod more (like scattered, the grouch and haushinka).

my main conclusion Green day rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The musical version of "When It's Time" has grow on me a lot ever since I saw the musical for the first time a couple weeks ago. Before I saw it, I didn't like the song (the musical version) at all. But once I heard it with the show and in its proper context, I've loved it ever since. And it's fun to play on guitar as well

Funny, it took hearing the musical version in order for me to like the original. :lol:

The musical version of Whatsername weirded me out initially, but now, I think I almost like it more than the original. :ninja:

• 4 months later...

Definately LOTAG, Church On Sunday, Maria, and She's A Rebel to name a few. I always thought She's A Rebel was a little repetitive and when I first got AI I didn't really like it but now I do :)

Stuart and the Ave. and Jackass are two that really stand out.

Last of the american girls. When 21st century breakdown first came out I thought that song was a little boring but when I really started to listen to it I discovered it was actually I really sweet song. Yeah... When I got american idiot I always skipped Jesus of Suburbia because I thought it was waaaay to long for me, but when I saw the video and listen to the lyrics I really could relate to it. And both songs are somewhat my favorite songs of the newer green day.

Most of 1039/SOSH and Shenanigans. Love them both now. :wub:

Except for 16...that one has yet to grow on me. :pinch:

Is it weird that I can't think of any song I don't like that's grown on me? I still don't like them :sick::ermm:

I will say though that the Musical made me appreciate a lot of the songs on American Idiot in new ways. It was a very positive thing for me, because I don't like the way the AI cast sang the hit singles, but I love the way they sang most of the other songs that I had previously underappreciated, like Whatsername and Letterbomb, although I always liked them. And I always loved Homecoming but the whole death of St. Jimmy really got new meaning, so now that has REALLY grown on me.

Do Da Da really did. I always used to skip it when it came on shuffle but one day I decided to give it a try and i didn't stop listening to it for a while

I remember first listening to the 21st CB album as well as my thoughts on this. They all seemed to have the same sound and similarities which I thought was boring and it didn't seem to be a good album after all. When I began to listen to it more and more, I actually realized they were awesome as fuuudge. American Eulogy, 21st CB and East Jesus Nowhere grew on me and I shall never get sick of them. I like other songs on it as well (not all of them though), but these just more. My thoughts have completely changed on the album ever since and it took me weeks to get over those negative thoughts I had, turned them into positive ones.

Private Ale, Android, LOTAG and Horseshoes and Handgrenades.

Wasnt a big fan of any of these at first but love them now :)

The only two I can think of are Viva La Gloria! and 21st Century Breakdown. I always liked them, but I think I just didn't appreciate them as much at first because I loved so many of the other songs on the album so much. Love them loads now. Plus I think the awesome 21st CB video helped a bit.

....oh and American Eulogy!

That was the case for me with this song.

It began as my least favorite song on 21CBD and then it turned out to

be the best song:-)

At first I wasn't a big fan of 21st Century Breakdown and East Jesus Nowhere but they've really grown on me. Also Misery and Geek Stink Breath.

Most of Shenanigans and 39 smooth.Plus LOTAG, Christian's Inferno, and Insomniac . . .

Geek Stink Breath

Misery

And, since I got into Green Day by listening to American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, 1039/SOSH and Kerplunk! took some time before I really liked them.

The one i really think of is "F.O.D", i got the album when i was 11 or 12, and i was really into the crunchy guitar sound, fast pace and volume of the thing, then i would hear "F.O.D" and never give it a chance to get to the end and when i did i didn't think it was worth that wait. But it grew on me loads and now i love it, its one of my top 3 songs on "Dookie" smile.gif i also love the live version on the "21 Guns Live EP" smile.gif i would love to hear it live myself smile.gif

• 1 year later...

Time for some necrophilia.

21 Guns after it was overplayed to death. But if it comes on, I get into it, just a little bit. Most songs on 21st Century Breakdown have grown on me as well, especially Murder City, Static Age, Before the Lobotomy, Last Night on Earth, and Last of the American Girls.

A couple years back when I rediscovered American Idiot I skipped pretty much all the singles. Now I listen to that baby all the way through most of the time.

on 39/Smooth it used to be Rest, but now I really like that song. Pretty haunting melody/lyrics in my opinion.

on Nimrod it was King For A Day.

On Warning it was Warning, Waiting, and Minority, just because I overplayed the songs for myself before I bought the whole album. Now its a 100% listen every time. And Fashion Victim, it was the only song that didn't immediately click. Now I love it. Great rhythm/chord progression/arrangement.

Don't Wanna Fall in Love and Espionage.

I still skip Restless Heart Syndrome and I Want To Be Alone a lot. I'm also starting to skip Horseshoes and Handgrenades a bit as well.

Archived