Songs that grew on you

Little Girl Little One

most of the songs on slappy hours but after I actually listened to them I loved them, and Jesus of Suburbia. idk why i never listened to it I always skipped it. Then the first time i Heard it al the way through i was like :blink: this is AMAZING how could I dislike this song?!?!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian's Inferno! I didn't like it at all when I first heard it and then when I watched the live performance of it at the Fox Theatre, I loved it and still do! :)

Well, there are a few songs that will never be my favourites, but all of those have grown on me to some extent. Kerplunk and 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours were albums that took me a while to get into, but then I adored them. Shenanigans is my least favourite album, but it's definately grown on me as well.

I'm not sure, I don't think I've changed my opinion about any song completely. Though I will say that in concert, if only for a night, I've fallen in love with songs that I normally wouldn't care too much for when they're played on my stereo. Like for example Know Your Enemy, American Eulogy, Nice Guys Finish Last, Burnout.

One For The Razorbacks, Maria, Desensitized, Jackass, Know Your Enemy, The One I Want.

I used to HATE Take Back, but now it's one of my favorites.

Also, Know Your Enemy, and a lot of Insomniac (mostly towards the end), but Insomniac is one of my favorite albums now.

Most of Kerplunk and 1039SOSH...but now I love Kerplunk a lot :wub: And I don't dislike 1039SOSH anymore either.

Nice Guys Finish Last was another one, Homecoming, Whatsername, Burnout, Waiting, Viva La Gloria? and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment. :)

EDIT: and most of Insomniac as well :P

When I was 11 and I got American Idiot I thought it was a complete waste of money because I only liked the singles that had been released from it. How wrong I was :rolleyes:

Also hearing 21CB for the first time threw up a couple of these, American Eulogy and Before the Lobotomy I wasn't sure about, but now I love them :wub:

The entirety of Shenanigans :lol:

Actually, when I first was getting into them and began listening to their older stuff, I was really wary about a lot of the albums, especially Insomniac. Usually it only took a few listens to get into them, but I really disliked Shenanigans for a while. I enjoy it more now, but it's still my least favorite album.

Also when I 1st heard shenanigans I didn't like it- now I love it :wub:

Dry Ice, I always used to skip it but now I listen to it near enough every day. :wub: I guess that goes for a lot of the other early stuff too.

Static Age. It always been that song that gets in my head and annoys me. :lol:

And Last of the American Girls. It was my least favourite song of them all before the video, and now I love it.

Yes Pulling theet! I didn't like it the first time, but with playing it several times it turn in one of my favourite songs from the album!

F.O.D., She, Armatage Shank, Viva la Gloria [little girl], 21 guns and Hitchin' a Ride

This is actually an interesting thread idea. :)

Mine would have to be The Static Age, Murder City, Extraordinary Girl, Are We The Waiting, Ha Ha You're Dead, Coming Clean, and No One Knows.

Honestly? Pretty much all of Nimrod. I have NO idea why. I was a stupid 13 year old.

And when I first heard 21st Century Breakdown (the song) I was kinda "meh" about it. Now I love it so so much :wub:

One For The Razorbacks, Coming Clean, Westbound Sign, 80, Words I Might Have Ate, Outsider, You Lied, One The Wagon, Macy's Day Parade, and Disappearing Boy

Pretty much all of American Idiot. It was my first Green Day album and I hated it at first. But then I slowly started liking it.

Yeah, that's quite a bit. :/

For me its Misery, Blood, Sex amd Booze, The One I Want and One For the Razorbacks. I used to think they were ok at best, now their some of my favorites!

Archived