Songs that grew on you

Little Girl Little One

At the Library on 1039/SOSH has really grown on me lately. I mean, I always thought it was a cute little song, but for some reason I've been listening to it nonstop lately.

Loss of Control on Uno and Amanda on Tre have also showed up on my "most played" list recently. I was kind of meh about Amanda when I first heard it, and now it's constantly in my head and I listen to it all the time. Loss of Control isn't really one of my favourites, but I don't skip it when it comes on. I love the first verse, actually.

Also, Jackass. That's another on repeat constantly.

That sax solo, man.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never disliked She's a rebel but I always just thought it was meh , but lately I've been listening to it a lot, it's a good track

Before I never liked the album Insomniac when I got it for Christmas in 2012, but now it's my favorite Green Day album

oh love had to grow on me.. a lot.

but i do enjoy it now! :)

The one song that took a while was Lazy Bones from Dos, but now I love it! :yay:

Tightwad Hill had to grow on me. Also, Westbound Sign. Well, they didn't really grow on me, I just hadn't listened to them in so long that when I did, I was like, "Holy crap! These songs are good!"

I was visiting my best friend the first time we both heard "Kill the DJ" and we both agreed that while we admired Green Day for experimenting with new styles, we did not really like the song. But over the next several weeks it really started to grow on me. When I told my best friend this, she said the same thing happened to her.

The first time I listened to Tre I really did not get into it until the last four songs. But after listening to it a second time I liked the first part better. The song that really grew on me was "Missing You." It has such a characteristic Green Day sound that it sounds like it could have been on Dookie, Warning, or 21st Century Breakdown. I also love how it has a terrific bass solo and drum solo.

I have never been a fan of rap music, so the first time I heard "Nightlife" I was sort of, "Et tu, Green Day?" But I really got to like the song and how it has this surreal, nightmarish feel to it.

I never used to like Jesus of Suburbia but now I absolutely love it! :)

Almost the whole of DOS. I have no idea why I just hated it. But I love it now.

Letterbomb, the beginning bit 'nobody likes you' I just always used to skip it. But I never skip it anymore.

Dirty Rotten Bastards I used to hate. But then I saw everyone raving about it on the forum I gave it couple of listens and now Green Day need to play it live.

When I first heard Letterbomb performed at the rock n roll hall of fame I was like "WTF is this shit?" then after hearing it 1 year

later its one of my favorite songs

Before the Lobotomy.

It's not that I didn't like it at first, per se, but it wasn't my favourite and I thought it was a little underwhelming, but I've been listening to it a lot lately and realized that it's actually quite fantastic.

Before the Lobotomy.

It's not that I didn't like it at first, per se, but it wasn't my favourite and I thought it was a little underwhelming, but I've been listening to it a lot lately and realized that it's actually quite fantastic.

Before the Lobotomy is actually my favourite song from the album.

Angel Blue grew on me - I think it would sound awesome live.

^^ Me too. I love the lyrics to Angel Blue, and you're right, it definitely would be an awesome live song. The pacing of it is so energetic and I can imagine being the crowd for that one would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much everything from 39/smooth and Kerplunk. Westbound Sign, Before the Lobotomy, Kill the DJ, and Nightlife. Nightlife is my favorite song on Dos just because of the rhythm section :)

Pretty much all of the trilogy, and they have come to be some of my favorites.

All of Kerplunk. Now it's like my second favorite album.

Stay the Night, at first I didn't really like it but now I think it's great.

Extrodinary Girl, Chump, Pulling Teeth, Wild One, 8th Avenue Serenade, Brat, Walking Contradiction, Strangeland, Redundant, Walking Alone, Sick of Me, Brutal Love. Yeah a lot

Baby Eyes. I didn't really care for it at first, but I've been listening to it a lot lately and it's really catchy.

Uptight. I think it has a sentiment that you appreciate more and more as you grow up.

Archived