Songs that grew on you

Little Girl Little One

probably all the 21st CB album. it used to be low in my top GD album but in the last week i listen to it completly like 5 times :P

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only of You.... and Why Do You Want Him?

Yes, this so much. Why Do You Want Him? is slowly becoming my favorite from 1039/smoothed for some reason.

See The Light and Homecoming probably.. :P

I've always loved Homecoming. But yeah, See The Light has grown on me so much as well. Such a great song.

For me, it was Troublemaker. I heard it and read the lyrics the day it came out, and thought is was kinda misogynistic crap. Hated it! Now its in shuffle in all the GD songs on my iphone, and i get all excited when it comes on. I like the "HEY" part and the bassline and just the fun, mocking edginess of it. Musically it is a great song, I just had to get my head wrapped around the lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...

Nightlife. The whole Lady Cobra arc on Dos just really made me dread listening the CD... but now I put Dos in just to listen to Nightlife.

Some Green Day songs that grew on me are:

X-Kid

A Little Boy Named Train

Wild One

Nightlife

Sweet 16

See The Light

Letterbomb

Extraordinary Girl

Pulling Teeth

Hold On

Jinx

Stuck With Me

Only Of You

Going to Pasalacqua (Don't kill me please. Before Green Day I wasn't even into rock music, so when I decided to listen to the oldest Green Day I thought this song was weird as fuck and disliked it), Oh Love, Geek Stink Breath, Jesus of Suburbia, Brutal Love... I know there are more but I don't remember any more songs.

When i got 21st Century Breakdown, I absolutely HATED Restless Heart Sydrome... But now its like one of my favorite songs on the album

At first, i hated Brain strew, Wake me up when September Ends (yes u_u ), Saint Jimmy. But then i listened to them and i loved them *o*

One For The Razorbacks No One Knows Who Wrote Holden Caulfeld

Before the Lobotomy and Letterbomb. Don't know how I could have disliked either of them. But I did. Oh and as a kid I hated Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming. Cause I was all ADHD and couldn't listen to a long song. Now they're two of my top 5 green day songs.

Troublemaker ("I wouldn't say I'm straight 'cause I'm bent out of shape.") :wub:

Drama Queen also - at first I thought WTF are these lyrics but now I must say I don't love it but I don't skip it.

One song that I used to dislike was Sex, Drugs and Violence. Now I think that I like cause is so catchy

I'm not a fan of their pre-Dookie stuff but after listening to Awesome As F**k several times I started to love their live performances of Christie Road, Going To Pasalacqua, Paper Lanterns, and 2000 Lightyears Away. At this point the AAF versions of Christie Road and Going To Pasalacqua are two of my favorite songs ever.

(I'm actually still not a big fan of the studio versions of those songs, when I listen to them I imagine that I'm listening to the AAF recordings. :P)

When i was younger about 10 years old definitily was Jesus of suburbia this is a motto and now Walk away

;)

Oh Love, its actually fucking sick!

Wake Me Up When September Ends, She's A Rebel and half of the 21st Century Breakdown album.

Ashamed to say this but Letterbomb, definitely. I disliked that song for so loong, but now I freakin' love it and it's one kickass song.

Macy's Day Parade. It was too slow for my liking when i was younger and now that i actually understand the meaning, i absolutely love it.

Well this Is a long one

Kerplunk: One For The Razorbacks

Dookie: Burnout, She, Having A Blast, Emenius Sleepus

Insomniac: Armatage Shanks, Brat, No Pride, Bab's Uvula Who, Panic Song, Westbound Sign, Walking Contradiction

Nimrod: The Grouch, Reject, Take Back

Warning: Misery

American Idiot: Homecoming

Dos! Lazy Bones

Tre! Little Boy Named Train

I love all those songs now!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

"Troublemaker" has grown on me since ¡Uno! was released; "Brutal Love" grew on me quickly; "Green Day" because the lyrics made no sense to me, but I love it now; I hated "Fuck Time" and "Nightlife" at first; I despised "Kill the DJ" when it was released, and 21st Century Breakdown as a whole has grown significantly on me in the past year. In contrast, I've started to dislike "Good Riddance." It's a good song, but its overplayedness has ruined it for me. I still love the Brain Stew/Jaded b-side version, though. :)

Archived