You know you're addicted to green day when...

unabrasiveadhesive

When anyone makes the slightest reference in a sentences/quotes even a few words from a song you go "OMGGREENDAY :woot: "

When you're Top 25 on iTunes in 99% Green Day.

Um...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When everybody around the campus knows you as "that Green Day girl"

Instead of taking notes in class, you write Green Day lyrics instead.

When you slip a Green Day lyric into a conversation and try to see if somebody will catch it, but you know damn well nobody will.

You get into legitimate fights when somebody talks about Green Day in a bad way.

-Before you go to sleep, you try to make yourself dream about Green Day

-You write as many hidden Green Day references in your English Essays as possible. (I think my highest is 6 in a 600 word essay) :lol:

THIS

I ALWAYS try to involve them in whatever school thing I'm doing xD

When you repeatedly check flights to Green Day events even though you know that you have no chance of going.

When you check the Green Day section in music stores even though you already have all their albums.

When you realise that you put more "y'knows" into your conversations than is appropriate but don't make any attempt to stop yourself.

When a song plays on tv and you feel the need to point out to everyone in the room, 'That's by Green Day!'

watching harry potter 6 and clearly listen to the words "GREEN DAY", where they are clearly saying "WEASLEY". I still don't get how that happened xD

...you sit in a bathroom stall listening to the radio to avoid starting a soccer game just so you can finish hearing a GD song.

(me when I was 11 and still had a prehistoric CD player)

When you walk into a store and the person at the counter yells "Oh hey, it's Green Day Girl!"

When you turn every song title with more than one word into an acronym even other green day fans dont understand.

When people are having conversations around that you aren't listening to, but you always notice the minute the words Green Day are said (even if you have no idea what they were talking about before) :happy:

when you spend every cent of your life savings on following them around the world, and you quit your prestegious uni course to do it.

:D

when you are at work with Green Day shoes on inc. laces and someone says they are cool then they see your phone with Green Day wallpaper on and with confetti from shows stuck on the back and you tell them you played for 3 hours on GD:RB last night and they announce ...you're obsessed! :ninja:

When someone says, "Dude, are you like freaking obsessed with Green Day or something?!?!" And you reply "YES!!!!" excitedly and proudly.

Then you realize that they were mocking your obsession, and you don't care.

When your 6 year old sister goes around telling her friends that all you do is listen to Green Day :unsure:

my MOM does that :mellow:

When someone says, "Dude, are you like freaking obsessed with Green Day or something?!?!" And you reply "YES!!!!" excitedly and proudly.

Then you realize that they were mocking your obsession, and you don't care.

ahaha aha ha

:mellow:

happens to me all the time

When you look up everyone on your facebook's favourite music: despise them if they don't list green day, respect them if they do, and feel mildy threatened if you discover they also have an obsssion with Green Day that you didn't know about...

I'm not gonna lie, I defend my "only one of my friends who loves green day more than anything" title quite visciosly.

Also:

when in public, in town or on holiday, you fantasize that green day will pop up out of nowhere, just happening to be visiting the same place, and then you imagine for the rest of the day what you would do if you met them there...

Oh dear.

well, i know i'm not addicted. i listen to Green Day pretty occasionally. i have so much of good music. i listen to Green Day only when i feel like. GD is my safe base. something i can dig into when i'm sad or pissed or whatever i feel like. more or less it's like once a month maybe lol

When you write in your english test " So my name is (your name) and wear it out! "

Seriously, my teacher gave me a good grade just for this sentence

Also:

when in public, in town or on holiday, you fantasize that green day will pop up out of nowhere, just happening to be visiting the same place, and then you imagine for the rest of the day what you would do if you met them there...

Oh dear.

:lol: I do that ALL the time.

When you bomb every test and every school assignment and you throw homework out the window during the week of September 28th - October 3rd just because you're heart/mind is in New York with Saint Billie and you're obsessive-compulsively checking that thread every 25 seconds...

When you're in History class just lounging in your chair and not paying attention whatsoever to the point that you don't even realize your teacher is talking... and then all the sudden he says "Basket Case" and you look up and get this sudden arm spasm, hit the table, and make a weird grunting noise and everyone looks at you..... and all you say is "he said Basket Case!" (and no one gets it but your friend next to you)...

:lol: happened to me yesterday

-when your friends know way more about Green Day than they should cause you talk about them so much

-when your parents are at the point of beating you cause you wont shut up about any recent Green Day news

-When you drive other Green Day fans away because of how obsessed you are

-when "y'know" becomes a part of your regular vocabulary

Archived