Green Day Tweets

Fuzz

Yeah but, he always signs his tweets with -bj and he signed the one that was directed to Serena and the one about Blue(and some others were obviously him and weren't signed so maybe it really doesnt mean anything). What I mean is that maybe it's not only Billie tweeting, it could be the other guys as well (and maybe also someone from their PR team, or someone else who is joining them on tour) you know what I mean?

That's what I've been thinking about. And when Mike and Tre have tweeted in the past they've usually signed it so you know who's posting.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Tre! I wouldn't have minded keeping him company in there.

Oh trust me, me either. I would actually have enjoyed being stuck in an elevator :ninja:

Poor Tré tough. But at least it gave me something to laugh about today :lol:

Hmmm.. this many tweets from just Billie is suspect. I think that it has been a few different people, like Mike, Tre, Joey, etc. But, they just haven't been signing them so we know who it is.

btw do the band members have access to their official account?

btw do the band members have access to their official account?

If you've read the past tweets over the year, you would've realized that they do.

I love imagining Billie posting tweets. It's like watching my mom facebook.

:lol:

this :lol:

and poor Tre. although I have to admit I laughed when I read that tweet :P

If you've read the past tweets over the year, you would've realized that they do.

sounds good. do their family members have? Joey, etc.. ?

sounds good. do their family members have? Joey, etc.. ?

I don't know but I know Joey has his own Twitter. He doesn't seem to update much and honestly, I can understand why. People are weird.

Ive noticed though, I've suscribed to have their tweets sent to my phone, but I dont get any of their tweets, I just get the promotional ones =/ I wonder if thats on purpose :lol:

Billie's tweets are hilarious! They make my day sometimes.

Last time people talked way too much and the thread had to be closed. Take two?

I'm still lol'ing forever at "ho"

He really needs to get over the whole facebook thing, we get it you don't like it, Twitter is ok though uh? :rolleyes:

This is what I've never understood...

There's been speculation that its actually Joey or someone else close to the guys doing it for them/him.

I'm undecided. I don't see why he would lie to us like that, but the frequent tweeting is weird! haha

Very very unlikely.

This is what I've never understood...

Facebook and Twitter are completely different things. Twitter is completely impersonal and doesn't require you to build a network of people. You can just post status updates and you don't even have to read any of the replies. With Facebook, you're kind of expected to build out that network of people and rely on on those people to participate to make it worthwhile. It's like the difference between having a conversation with a group of people and holding up a megaphone and talking AT a crowd.

My guess is that the members of Green Day aren't interested in reading tons of replies on how awesome people think they are, or have every comment be "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS". It's probably more fun to just speak AT people, and you decide the level of interaction you want and avoid any expectations. Yes, you can do that on Facebook to an extent, but that's never been it's main functionality.

I also think that they don't like Facebook cause their family members have been their pictures ripped off. I guess it's not worth it for them to have a personal profile if they can't trust the people they add.

THIS is the only reason why i like twitter :eyebrow:

I'm sure his kids are quite computer literate and probably tease him about it. And if they are going to tweet and text each other, he has to learn. I'm sure he's not as bad at it as he once was.

I think his tweets are fun and funny. How nice of him to let us know what he's doing/thinking besides just the shows. A small insight into him and his life.

Facebook and Twitter are completely different things. Twitter is completely impersonal and doesn't require you to build a network of people. You can just post status updates and you don't even have to read any of the replies. With Facebook, you're kind of expected to build out that network of people and rely on on those people to participate to make it worthwhile. It's like the difference between having a conversation with a group of people and holding up a megaphone and talking AT a crowd.

My guess is that the members of Green Day aren't interested in reading tons of replies on how awesome people think they are, or have every comment be "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS". It's probably more fun to just speak AT people, and you decide the level of interaction you want and avoid any expectations. Yes, you can do that on Facebook to an extent, but that's never been it's main functionality.

True, but I don't know. To me, Twitter has always been more useless than Facebook. Although admittedly it is very good for bands. On a personal aspect though, Facebook is obviously better. Even though recently I haven't even been using Facebook... But yeah. I don't know. I guess I just would have thought that Green Day wouldn't really find much enjoyment or even a purpose in updating a Twitter, but I guess they have, so that's actually really cool of them.

Lol I remember reading the billie jonas one on the way to the zurich gig. I made (or should I say billie) the whole car laugh out loud.

It was quite awesome :sherlock:

I took a billion years to understand the 'tattoo of myself, but taller' tweet. fail.

i love the real most recent post about tre being stuck in the elevator for like an hour.

When I read about Tre stuck in the elevator at the 4 seasons, I assumed that's where they had stayed. Just found out they stayed at the same hotel I was at the week before. :mad: Should have made my plans diffently!

When I read about Tre stuck in the elevator at the 4 seasons, I assumed that's where they had stayed. Just found out they stayed at the same hotel I was at the week before. :mad: Should have made my plans diffently!

That sucks!

I don't know but I know Joey has his own Twitter. He doesn't seem to update much and honestly, I can understand why. People are weird.

Can you post the link to his twitter account here?

Can you post the link to his twitter account here?

He posted the link himself in the Emily's Army account, so it's not that secret.

Archived