Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I don't hear lesbian, but I actually think I prefer that lyric over the actual one tbh.:lol:

On 1/5/2018 at 4:28 AM, Jane Lannister said:

Sam Cooke didn't really write it but it seems Billie was inspired by Twistin The Night Away. 

Let me tell you 'bout a place
Somewhere up a New York way
Where the people are so gay
Twistin' the night away

I think the "quote" comes from "Lightning Express" that BJ covered with Norah on Foreverly

"The lightning express from the depot so grand

Had started out on its way

All of the passengers that were on board

Seemed to be happy and gay"

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, greendepent said:

I think the "quote" comes from "Lightning Express" that BJ covered with Norah on Foreverly

"The lightning express from the depot so grand

Had started out on its way

All of the passengers that were on board

Seemed to be happy and gay"

Nice find, I didn't think of it at all.  Makes sense with the contrast of a sad song and seemingly happy people too

• Like 1

Was just watching a live performance of Last of the American Girls and it sounded like Billie was saying "She's an endless whore" instead of "She's an endless war" :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Kill the DJ, I thought "We'll cut you once in your heart and your mind" was "The culture wars in your heart and your mind".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Montclare said:

"The culture wars in your heart and your mind".

Wait, that's not the right lyric?! :shok:

My life is a lie.:mellow:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Wait, that's not the right lyric?! :shok:

My life is a lie.:mellow:

Huh.  Some sites have it as one, some have it as the other.  Culture wars sounds better to me.

Okay, good, I'm not crazy.  The entire reason I was looking it up was because that verse has both vulture and culture in it, and the new Prima Donna album has a song called Vulture Culture.

• Like 1

Google music says we'll cut you once, gda (the Holy Grail) says culture wars... I'm going with them! 

• Like 1

I'm sure it's culture wars! When I get home I'll check the booklet 

Edit: Yes, it says "The culture wars in your heart and your mind" in the album booklet. I think because people heard Kill The DJ/trilogy songs live before the studio version and album booklet a lot of lyrics must've been worked out incorrectly and posted online early on and still be there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'm sure it's culture wars! When I get home I'll check the booklet 

Edit: Yes, it says "The culture wars in your heart and your mind" in the album booklet. I think because people heard Kill The DJ/trilogy songs live before the studio version and album booklet a lot of lyrics must've been worked out incorrectly and posted online early on and still be there.

Like "Oh Love".    For me, the it will always be better as "Far away, far away, this amazing night!"  instead of "waste away tonight"  

"this amazing night" was one of my favorite parts of that song, so when I start hearing it differently, I was so let down.  :(   Still a great song, don't care what people say.   Trilogy Haters Gonna Hate.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

In homecoming when he said “i started fuckin runnin as soon as my feet touch ground” I thought he said “lets start a fucking riot as soon as my pizza drowns” and in nuclear family i always heard the line “i just want some action so give me my turn” but for some reason in my head as i am listening to it I already think of it as “i just want some action so give me mike dirnt”

Edited by MagicGraGraDaFan39
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MagicGraGraDaFan39 said:

In homecoming when he said “i started fuckin runnin as soon as my feet touch ground” I thought he said “lets start a fucking riot as soon as my pizza drowns” and in let yourself go i always heard the line “i just want some action so give me my turn” but for some reason in my head as i am listening to it I already think of it as “i just want some action so give me mike dirnt”

I’ve definitely sung the mike dirnt version to myself once or twice. Totally works. 

1 hour ago, MagicGraGraDaFan39 said:

In homecoming when he said “i started fuckin runnin as soon as my feet touch ground” I thought he said “lets start a fucking riot as soon as my pizza drowns” and in let yourself go i always heard the line “i just want some action so give me my turn” but for some reason in my head as i am listening to it I already think of it as “i just want some action so give me mike dirnt”

That Homecoming one is new to me. :lol:

Also, that line is from Nuclear Family, not Let Yourself Go.

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Also, that line is from Nuclear Family, not Let Yourself Go.

Oh yea sorry😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can't unhear "Longshot eyes and you're peppermint" instead of "bloodshot eyes and you're peppermint" in Devil's Kind

• Haha 3

Maybe mentioned it before, but i coulda swore that "Legalize the truth" in Revolution Radio was "We call lies the truth" and idk which i prefer xP

• Like 1

In Holiday, right after the guitar solo ends, you can hear Billie scream some nonsense in the background. I swear I think it sounds like he's screaming "BIGFOOT!". Go listen to it yourself and say what you think he says.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Americanidiotsareidiots said:

In Holiday, right after the guitar solo ends, you can hear Billie scream some nonsense in the background. I swear I think it sounds like he's screaming "BIGFOOT!". Go listen to it yourself and say what you think he says.

"Three four" ?

• Like 1

"Do you know what's worth fighting for, when it's not worth dying for?"

but I hear

"Do you know what's worth farting for, when it's not worth dying for?"

just realized someone already said that

4 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Maybe mentioned it before, but i coulda swore that "Legalize the truth" in Revolution Radio was "We call lies the truth" and idk which i prefer xP

I wish you were right. Legalize the truth sounds a bit dumb or like a cliche.