Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

28 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

The second verse in Uptight drives me nuts! I can't for the life of me figure out what he's saying. Here is what I always hear... I got a start on a deadend road. Keep, keep that orange shifting low. :confused:Honest to God, that's how I sing it. :lol:

It's peaked, peaked at reaching new lows or at least that's what I believe it is. Uptight is pretty comprehensible (by his standards) imo. :lol:

• Like 1

Hubby always calls Billie a mush mouth, thus all the misheard lyrics.  I kept telling him that he isn't a mush mouth anymore, he enunciates now.  After the concert, hubby told me he is still a mush mouth because he couldn't understand a single word he said.  Maybe we have just gotten used to Billie speak.  :lol:  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

It is sung in quite an awkward way with each syllable sung very separately and abruptly like "when you are THE (should've been pronounced thee as it's followed by a vowel :P). out. cast". But that's all it sounds like to me so I don't know.

And I also hear Dry Ice that way!

Billie does that all the time and I'd never actually noticed that 'the' is pronounced differently if it's followed by a vowel until it sounded weird when he didn't sing it that way...so thanks Billie, I guess? :lol: 

3 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

The second verse in Uptight drives me nuts! I can't for the life of me figure out what he's saying. Here is what I always hear... I got a start on a deadend road. Keep, keep that orange shifting low. :confused:Honest to God, that's how I sing it. :lol:

Haha!!! Uptight is actually one I do know quite well. That's a good lyric though :cool: 

• Like 2

I still hear "and otherwise eat grapes" at the end of the chorus of Desensitized

• Like 3

15 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

My friend thought that the first line of Brain Stew was "I'm at McDonald's trying to sleep". :lol:

This wins for best misheard lyric. That's hilarious! :lol:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Disappa said:

Alright, here's the truth about nice guys finish last's chorus

https://clyp.it/04jgwwcn

Holy shit the backing vocals really do say when you run out of gas! I still don't think it sounds like that when you listen to the song normally (the lead vocal saying when you are the outcast overrides it) but maybe it entered more perceptive people's minds subliminally :lol: 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The other day, I was listening to When I Come Around and my mam thought it was "stot doughnuts at my door" instead of "so don't knock down my door". :lol:

And my friend thought that "OR shut up and be a victim of authority" from Warning was "WHORE shut up and be a victim of authority."  She said she used to sing it in public and everything. She usually got at least 3 strange looks. Don't know if that was because she was shouting whore in public, or the fact that she had just burst into song. :lol:

• Like 3

On 5/13/2017 at 5:20 AM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

"stot doughnuts at my door" instead of "so don't knock down my door." 

"OR shut up and be a victim of authority"       "WHORE shut up and be a victim of authority."  

I always hear 'shot doughnuts at my door' actually :lol: i just never bothered to look up the actual lyrics.

And i have never seen such a drastic change in meaning from just changing one word, oh my god! :lol::runaround:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The traces of blood always follow you home like the mascara tears from your getaway

The traces of blood always follow you home like the last guarantee of your getaway - which made no sense at all:lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tinkle said:

The traces of blood always follow you home like the mascara tears from your getaway

The traces of blood always follow you home like the last guarantee of your getaway - which made no sense at all:lol:

Either way it makes no sense.  🙂

11 minutes ago, The Grouch is Tracy said:

Either way it makes no sense.  🙂

I think the correct lyrics do:)

But Ive come to realise I love BJ's voice but I really don't understand much that he says.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 2:20 AM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

The other day, I was listening to When I Come Around and my mam thought it was "stot doughnuts at my door" instead of "so don't knock down my door". :lol:

And my friend thought that "OR shut up and be a victim of authority" from Warning was "WHORE shut up and be a victim of authority."  She said she used to sing it in public and everything. She usually got at least 3 strange looks. Don't know if that was because she was shouting whore in public, or the fact that she had just burst into song. :lol:

this is too funny..both doesn't make any sense..:lol:

what is the line: you are running out of gas means do Billie means "farting" or energy"..from Nice guys finish last..:dry:

On 6/2/2017 at 2:13 AM, Caroline Truong said:

this is too funny..both doesn't make any sense..:lol:

what is the line: you are running out of gas means do Billie means "farting" or energy"..from Nice guys finish last..:dry:

means you're running out of gas, so you're losing energy and speed, and you're finishing last.

19 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

means you're running out of gas, so you're losing energy and speed, and you're finishing last.

I thought so too..:lol:

I always confused the line from Brain Stew : from "I am counting sleep" to " I am counting sheep?"

In When I Come Around I'd often hear " we're talking lonely now" , instead of don't get lonely now.

I was just listening to Welcome To Paradise, and I heard "pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes". :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I was just listening to Welcome To Paradise, and I heard "pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes". :lol:

I was just listening to same song but I heard "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken homies?" but the broken homes?;)

• 4 weeks later...

During Saint Jimmy I always assumed, until very recently, that he sings "Raised in the city under a halo of lights, go tell your boyfriend that we've been victimized". I don't know, it always made sense in my head and that's what I always heard :lol:  

• Like 3