Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

So apparently in Baby Eyes (I think, it's hard to keep track of them all :lol: ) it's "in the Arab spring" not "in the air of spring"

• Like 2

Well, she's my blood

Well, she's my soul

I get so lost out in the cold

Feel so far,

Like this lone star

I get so hard when I'm missing you. :creep:

I didn't actually think this was the lyric at any point, but today I accidently sang it like this, and cracked up in laughter

• Like 1

I've just noticed that the first line of Having a blast sounds like "chicken...all you down with me" instead of "I'm taking" :lol:

• Like 4

Whenever I'm listening to Fuck Time I always change the word 'choke' to 'fuck'. Much dirtier that way ;)

• Like 1

Dude those are the correct lyrics.

BTW is there a place here on GDC where we are trying to decipher the choruses for Bab's Uvula Who.

Cause I'm really intrigued by the part where he says "I play the fiddle and I'm all wound up".

I meant I always thought it sounded like I just want some action so give my turn. It never sounded like Mike Dirnt. Bad typo.

I've just noticed that the first line of Having a blast sounds like "chicken...all you down with me" instead of "I'm taking" :lol:

The first time I listened to Having A Blast I thought that he said "chicken..." too :lol:

Dude those are the correct lyrics.

BTW is there a place here on GDC where we are trying to decipher the choruses for Bab's Uvula Who.

Cause I'm really intrigued by the part where he says "I play the fiddle and I'm all wound up".

Also I'm think Bab's Uvula Who's chorus is like this with the beginnings

I lose myself

Little Reserve

Loss of Control

I lose Myself

I lose myself

I play the fiddle (wtf?)

I lose myself

All by myself

I lose myself

Loss of control

Panic attack

I lose myself

Where is this area of GDC? Can you send me a link?

in Nice guys finish last....always thought Oh nice guys finish last, When you run out of gas was Oh nice guys finish last, When you are the outcast :blush:

in Nice guys finish last....always thought Oh nice guys finish last, When you run out of gas was Oh nice guys finish last, When you are the outcast :blush:

It's both

First verse:

Nice guys finish last,

you're running out of gas

Chorus:

Oh, nice guys finish last,

when you are the outcast

• Like 1

It's both

First verse:

Nice guys finish last,

you're running out of gas

Chorus:

Oh, nice guys finish last,

when you are the outcast

good to know :D I checked on GDA and I guess it's wrong there then... and I am not as confused as I thought i am :) thank you

• Like 1

Where is this area of GDC? Can you send me a link?

I would if I knew. That's actually why I asked if there was a place in the first place :D.

In No One Knows I thought that it was 'Call me irresponsible, call me a bitch you whore'

• Like 3

good to know :D I checked on GDA and I guess it's wrong there then... and I am not as confused as I thought i am :) thank you

It's easy to get confused here xD No prob! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think Nuclear Family's lyrics in the beginning said

"Gonna run the world like America now" instead of "Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round" xD

When at first I hear Wild One I thought Billie said "She gave up on Jesus for living on Penis" and I was very confused until I found out it wasn't what he said.

• Like 3

In panic song i thought it went:

Torn out of reality
Into a state of no opinion
Like with AIDS.

Only just realised what the real lyrics are from checking a site, thought the end chorus was 'wooowwww what is your problem'? Billies vocals are quite hard to make out on a few insomniac tracks.

In Nightlife...

"'Girls hang on bar stools for late last calls"

I thought she was rapping about farts.

Same here! It actually spoils the song for me a bit :lol:, I can't stop myself from hearing it that way and it's gross.

Whenever I'm listening to Fuck Time I always change the word 'choke' to 'fuck'. Much dirtier that way ;)

I think choke is dirtier! Much more extreme and kinky anyway :eyebrows:. Billie already had the same thought as you though :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoBBqVTNgf8

Same here! It actually spoils the song for me a bit :lol:, I can't stop myself from hearing it that way and it's gross.

I think choke is dirtier! Much more extreme and kinky anyway :eyebrows:. Billie already had the same thought as you though :D :

You make a good point actually :eyebrows: That's awesome! Fuck Time went through quite a few lyrics changes didn't it? XD

In Lady Cobra:

"the Black Eyed Peas scream sin and clover"

instead of "her black heart beat crimson and clover".

• Like 2

In prosthetic head I thought "you can smell it but you can't see it" was "you can spell it but you can't say it".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In Sex Drugs and Violence I heard "English muffin science". I knew it was wrong because it doesn't make any sense but I just found out today that its "English math and science"

• Like 1