American Idiot

captain peroxide

My first GD album...loved Whatsername and Letterbomb right away, they're still two of my favorite songs :)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhhh American Idiot :wub:

Ok so while i had liked Green Day before AI, its because of AI that my obsession started :lol:

Seriously this album is just beyond any words i can think of ... JOS is beyond epic.. My all time fav. but it think it just sits in a category on its own... letterbomb is :wub:

The most amazing thing about this album is you can listen to it as a whole of course but every single song on that album hold its own weight and has its own meaning so you can listen to it separately and still love it..

Seriously This band and especially Billie have this incredible Godlike ability to write the most amazing songs.... :wub:

i can't really pinpoint the very first green day song i ever heard...but holiday was the first video. and i was fucking hooked. i remember getting up at like 5:30 in the morning to watch music videos on tv and just about shitting my pants when holiday came on.

i think AI is my favorite album. i can't say for sure...but i think it is. i feel bad for those green day fans who don't listen to it because they think gd "sold out" or w/e....i really don't care if they did, because AI is fucking genius.

i can't even explain why i love this album so much....

edit: but i fucking HATE extraordinary girl...i deleted it off my ipod and the album still sounds perfectly fine without it :sherlock:

The first ever Green Day album i bought and my favourite song is BOBD which made me love GD the first time i listened to it. :wub:

Brilliant album!!

i can't really pinpoint the very first green day song i ever heard...but holiday was the first video. and i was fucking hooked. i remember getting up at like 5:30 in the morning to watch music videos on tv and just about shitting my pants when holiday came on.

i think AI is my favorite album. i can't say for sure...but i think it is. i feel bad for those green day fans who don't listen to it because they think gd "sold out" or w/e....i really don't care if they did, because AI is fucking genius.

edit: but i fucking HATE extraordinary girl...i deleted it off my ipod and the album still sounds perfectly fine without it :sherlock:

I dont expect everyone to like every single song they make.. i know i dont.. But i think Extraordinary girl is a beautiful song..

"Somedays he feels like dying,

She gets so sick of crying "

Describes how i feel a lot... its just beauiful.. The only annoying thing about the song is the begining.. i know its supposed to be a build up to the song but i just find it a bit irratating..

This is the album that got me noticing green day, i was like OMG where have you been all my life? also gave me my most favourate song ever - Jesus of suburbia which is possibly one of the greatest songs ever written, Billie Joe is the sex :thumbsup:

Describes how i feel a lot... its just beauiful.. The only annoying thing about the song is the begining.. i know its supposed to be a build up to the song but i just find it a bit irratating..

this. it's like: "aaarrgh! start already" :lol:

haha this is how I feel, too :D love this song but the beginning is so huh :D

Love Homecoming a lot. ♥

I don't know how they did it. Every song on here is catchy and I love it. Homecoming! Wow.

The album that got me into Green Day. I used to listen to this over and over again and I'm still not sick of any song :D

Letterbomb has some of my favourite lyrics. Ever.

I owe a lot to American Idiot, it's the album that got me into Green Day, and not just new Green Day, through listening to it and learning more about them as musicians I came across their older stuff and I love that too.

I dont expect everyone to like every single song they make.. i know i dont.. But i think Extraordinary girl is a beautiful song..

"Somedays he feels like dying,

She gets so sick of crying "

THAT'S my favorite part of the song :wub:

I am nothing without American Idiot.

That album changed me, and without it, I wouldn't have discovered my biggest passion.

Its Green Day's opus, and always will be.

Holiday was the first green day song I heard :wub:

and how can you hate extraordinary girl? D: i mean... Those lyrics are so powerful... "Somedays he feels like dying, somedays is not worth trying, now that they both are finding, she gets so sick of crying" :wub:

My mom loves gypsy music... And I love those weird drums :lol: They make me wanna jump and all, don't know why :lol:

although... IS IT NORMAL TO ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT WMUWSE?! :lol: When I'm playing the whole album in guitar, with the record in the background, I inmediatly start playing homecoming after letterbomb, and, suddenly, I heard the tun tun tuun, tun tun tuuun of the accoustic gutar and it's like "SHIIT!" xD

although... IS IT NORMAL TO ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT WMUWSE?! :lol: When I'm playing the whole album in guitar, with the record in the background, I inmediatly start playing homecoming after letterbomb, and, suddenly, I heard the tun tun tuun, tun tun tuuun of the accoustic gutar and it's like "SHIIT!" xD

that's because you dont like WMUWSE (and i dont know why :mad:)

but now, when i hear WMUWSE i always think "oh When it's time" and then Billie starts to sings and it's like "FAIL!" :lol:

that's because you dont like WMUWSE (and i dont know why :mad:)

but now, when i hear WMUWSE i always think "oh When it's time" and then Billie starts to sings and it's like "FAIL!" :lol:

I actually do like it now! What I like less is Blvd. of Broken Dreams (but that's because I CAN'T play it) and 21 guns (Because I fall asleep)

I actually do like it now! What I like less is Blvd. of Broken Dreams (but that's because I CAN'T play it) and 21 guns (Because I fall asleep)

BLVD of Broken Dreams :wub: ........... 21 GUNS :cry: :cry:

well, blvd was the first song of AI i learned in the guitar so :lol:

I'm so glad other people like Homecoming :wub: My favorite part is in the beginning when he says "What the hell's your name? What's your pleasure? What is your pain?" <33333

Yeah, Homecoming is one of my favorite songs on the album too.

It has got some really brilliant lyrics, and some kicks ass guitar riffs. I absolutely love the one after 'Rock&Roll Girlfriend' (with the 'hey' in the middle, if you what I'm talking about), that's just insanely good :happy:

This album is so special for me..It got me in Green Day and I love every song on it...Love the music,the lyrics,EVERYTHING...This album is fabulous!!!

Archived