American Idiot

captain peroxide

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually starting to really get into Jesus of Suburbia. I never liked it that much before, but it's growing on me. =) Maybe it's because seeing it played live was an amazing experience.

amazing album, like really incredible.i don't understand why so many people hate it, but, their loss. Jesus of suburbia, in my opinion is green day's greatest song :D, and best video too.

I was watching storytellers: American Idiot, and they were playing Extraordinary Girl but at the first they only played the drum beat and I thought it was going to be 'Know your enemy" anyway the point im trying to make here is that to me the drum beats at the beginning of those two songs sound similar amd I wanted to see if you guys hear it too or am I just losing my mind?

Hahaha I thought that too!!! The drum beats sound just like the beginning of KYE haha. Don't worry you're not losing your mind. Unless I'm losing my mind too. :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICAN IDIOT! :runaround::banana::bunny::dance::woot::lol::D:wub::ga:

(yes, I still love the ga face ^^)

Happy Birthday Amercian Idiot!

That first Green Day's Abum that I heard and bought, that made me Like Rock 'N Roll and made me change my fucking Life

An Album that have very good composed and powerful songs!

Is this the place to discuss the musical OBCR too?

I was thinking, ever since I saw the musical I love the cast version of Homecoming so much. It's my favorite part of the play, there's so much that happens and they did it really well. :wub:

Is this the place to discuss the musical OBCR too?

I was thinking, ever since I saw the musical I love the cast version of Homecoming so much. It's my favorite part of the play, there's so much that happens and they did it really well. :wub:

Here's the thread for the OBCR: http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=77376&st=0

:)

^ Thanks, I was searching for it and nothing was coming up. I'll post there next time :)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else loving Homecoming more and more recently?? Idk maybe it's just me...but I get chills every time I hear these parts:

What the hell's your name?

What's your pleasure and what is your pain?...

AND

Jimmy died today

He blew his brains out into the Bay...

Maybe it's just those notes in that order that strikes a "Yes I love it!" chord in me? Haha idk but it sounds so epic imo. :wub:

Awesome album!! Not one song i dont like!!! Homecoming is the best tho, it is so epic!!! I love it when Tre sings!!! :D Also i love the guitar part in Homecoming when it goes "well nobody cares, well nobody cares, does anyone care, if nobody cares"

• 4 months later...

I came here from the Jesus of Suburbia discussion thread, that thread basically turned into a discussion about the album anyway and it was really interesting so I'm hoping such discussion can happen here!

It probably already has, I haven't the past 8 pages :whistle:

Is this revived!!!! :woot:

American idiot has to be my favorite album. The music, diversity in songs, the characters. I have such a hard time listening to this album, sadly. I always want to replay my favorite songs and end up never finishing it :lol:

I came here from the Jesus of Suburbia discussion thread, that thread basically turned into a discussion about the album anyway and it was really interesting so I'm hoping such discussion can happen here!

It probably already has, I haven't the past 8 pages :whistle:

We should just carry on from whatever point the discussion had reached on the JOS thread :lol: ....now, where were we?

It's the one that made me fall in love with Green Day. This album, along with all their others, is filled to the brim with fantastic tracks. I love every song here, and there's no questioning that I know all the lyrics by heart. Same with other Green Day stuff, but this one is different. I could sing you the entire album without any instruments playing.

American Idiot is amazing.

And I love the story of Jimmy, Whatsername and blablabla : D

Has anyone seen the movie Black Swan? The similarities between that storyline and the JoS/St Jimmy storyline was one of the best parts of it!

American Idiot has a completely different meaning to me now I've seen the musical. I suddenly realised how I could really relate to some of the most unlikely (and likely) parts that despite loving the lyrics, I'd never paid much attention to before. I don't quite know how to describe it. It's not just because the musical was so good, it's more because the musical made me see further into AI than I'd seen before. It's an amazing and very deep album with an amazing concept. But yeah, I'll shut up now :lol:

American Idiot has a completely different meaning to me now I've seen the musical. I suddenly realised how I could really relate to some of the most unlikely (and likely) parts that despite loving the lyrics, I'd never paid much attention to before. I don't quite know how to describe it. It's not just because the musical was so good, it's more because the musical made me see further into AI than I'd seen before. It's an amazing and very deep album with an amazing concept. But yeah, I'll shut up now :lol:

I've heard so many people say that about the musical, that it changed their perspective and they found so much new meaning behind the songs. Thats one of the main reasons I want to see it

• 1 year later...

I've heard so many people say that about the musical, that it changed their perspective and they found so much new meaning behind the songs. Thats one of the main reasons I want to see it

not like you are ever gonna get a ticket :P But yeah i heard the same. Actually the same happened to me when I wasn't even there live to see it. Just watching it on my computer made me see so many new meanings and things i had never seen in it before!

American Idiot is my favourite album of all time. So, we ARE allowed to make threads for individual albums. Oh, I wasn't sure about that. Okay, so... I started liking Green Day around the American Idiot era, American Idiot is my favourite album, and yeah, it's simply amazing!!!

My brother used to play songs off of his ipod really loud so I could hear them in my room. They sounded wicked and so eventually I asked him what was playing. He said Green Day and I figured out all the nameless songs I had listened too from another room were all found on one album, by one great band: American Idiot by Green Day.

I dunno if this is my favorite album, but there isn't one song on it that I dont like. Awesome. :)

American Idiot is one of the best albums not only green day, but in the world. It has that upbeat american idiot to an angry st. jimmy to a slow wake me up when september ends. It's just.. perfect.

• 2 years later...

Archived