Nimrod

captain peroxide

Nimrod is epic because it has something I can't really discribe. Every single song (expect of Last Ride In) is completely different but amazing on it's way. As already said, I don't know why I love it so much...Maybe because of these amazing, aggressive lyrics? The variety of the music - style...?

This record is my 2nd favourite one, right behind American Idiot (and that only because AI has this amazing story :D). It's really difficult for me to name my favourite tracks on it...Maybe Redudant, Scattered, Worry Rock, Platypus...wah, I have no idea :lol:

Guest dar89ren

Absolutely love this album, probably tied with Warning as my second favourite after American Idiot... So many great songs, but I totally understand the point that the songs seem out've order... There's no way the album should continue after Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)... But whatever, the album is fantastic, and it's not a rock opera, so it doesn't have to be in any damn order :P

Absolutely love this album, probably tied with Warning as my second favourite after American Idiot... So many great songs, but I totally understand the point that the songs seem out've order... There's no way the album should continue after Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)... But whatever, the album is fantastic, and it's not a rock opera, so it doesn't have to be in any damn order :P

I would've found it way too corny if the album ended with Good Riddance.

It's better the way it is.

I always had problems getting into the 'middle songs' of the album (idk if that makes sense), like Platypus, Reject and Take Back. They were kind of chaotic and all. But now I finally start to like these as well. Worry Rock and Uptight :wub:

"Waste of semen I hope you die HEY!"

I actually use the insults from this song on a regular basis :whistle: they usually turn a few heads hahaha

Nimrod is one of my favorite albums. It was the first album I heard of Green Day and my brother gave it to me. I was hooked on Green Day after I heard of this album. Although, I didn't hear it until 2000(I was 8 years old) but after I listened to Nimrod, I went out and bought a copy of Warning. The rest is just history :)

I love Nimrod! It has to be my fav album. I only got into Green Day after A.I. im ashamed to say, so I didnt know Nimrod when it first came out ( I was only 7 in my defense!) but I just love its variety. Every song is completely different and though I can say it about other albums, there is not one bad song on Nimrod

I would've found it way too corny if the album ended with Good Riddance.

It's better the way it is.

I always had problems getting into the 'middle songs' of the album (idk if that makes sense), like Platypus, Reject and Take Back. They were kind of chaotic and all. But now I finally start to like these as well. Worry Rock and Uptight :wub:

Worry Rock is such an underrated song! And The Grouch, and Nimrod in general is just an underrated album! I love how Take Back, one of the angriest GD songs ever, is followed by King For A Day, one of the most fun GD songs ever!

I don't really have many favourites from this album, only about 4..

And they are Scattered, The Grouch, Platypus & Uptight. :)

Worry Rock is such an underrated song! And The Grouch, and Nimrod in general is just an underrated album! I love how Take Back, one of the angriest GD songs ever, is followed by King For A Day, one of the most fun GD songs ever!

Yeah I love the irony. :D Nimrod's such a masterpiece!

Prosthetic Head is totally underrated too.

I don't really have many favourites from this album, only about 4..

And they are Scattered, The Grouch, Platypus & Uptight. :)

What's with Good Riddance?! :o

There's no way the album should continue after Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)...

I kinda agree with this. There's always this "More? Really?" feeling when Prosthetic Head starts.

...But whatever, the album is fantastic

Exactly. :thumbsup:

I'm off the wagon, and I'm hitchinn' a ride..

I love Nimrod :wub:

nimrod.'s actually one of the best albums in history......I love Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin' a Ride, The Grouch, Redundant, Scattered, All The Time, Worry Rock, Uptight, Platypus, Haushinka, & Take Back

^^^

No love for Good Riddance? :P

I rarely listen to it. It was way too plain and overplayed for me.

^^^

No love for Good Riddance? :P

All right, I will give it a try then :)

I really like the nostalgic vibe the song has.

"It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time". That line gets me every time...

The line that always gets me in Good Riddance is 'time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go'

Love it

Guest dar89ren

I laugh every time I hear Billie murmur "fuck..." right at the beginning of Good Riddance...

The line that always gets me in Good Riddance is 'time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go'

Love it

I also really love that line :wub:

My fav songs of this album are Redundant, Hitchin' a Ride, King for a day, Nice Guys Finish Last and Good Riddance

My fav songs of this album are Redundant, Hitchin' a Ride, King for a day, Nice Guys Finish Last and Good Riddance

This + Prosthetic Head.

I love just listening to this on warm summer days in my room with the lights off, and a little bit of light coming through my blinds.

I really love Last Ride In. I listen to it over and over when I fall asleep at night.

I really love Last Ride In. I listen to it over and over when I fall asleep at night.

I've never listened to the entire song, I get bored after few seconds =/

I'm a big fan of All the Time :happy:

All the time.

A "New Year's Resolution"

How soon that we forget.

And I find it really interesting how much Billie Joe questions himself about the value of time. I love when he writes about that.

And I find it really interesting how much Billie Joe questions himself about the value of time. I love when he writes about that.

I agree. He makes us all think about time and I find his point of view so interesting

Guest drugs

the video they made for this album was pretty kickass. love it when they perform king for a day/shout live, EPICNESS ! also this album has a lotta meaning in the lyrics. this album should be more popular