American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

I got this on Friday and I love it. The first time hearing it reminded me of when I got the original American Idtio for the first time. I lover what they've done with the songs and it makes me appreciate the Green Day versiona as well. Right now BOBD and LNOE really stand out on the album. I love the strings at the start of Last Night on Earth. But IN JOS and Whatsername (which is one of my favourite songs) are lacking passion or something, I'm sure it's there in the live versions, but there's something about them that's just very "meh" or something.

I actually kind of prefer John's version of When I't Time over the Green day version. :wacko: i think that''s because the studio version just sounds too polished or something. i prefer the acoustic live version. The guitar solos and all justo don't add anything to it, it makes it kind of cheesy =/ I'd love to hear that song with acoustically ion piano. I think that would sound amazing. :wub:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm thinking about buying this cast album on iTunes. But let me get this straight, "When It's Time" at the end of the album is just Green Day right? And does anybody know if it from the American Idiot sessions or if it was re-recorded since then because I first heard after the MSG YouTube clip was posted that it was an American Idiot outtake.

So I'm thinking about buying this cast album on iTunes. But let me get this straight, "When It's Time" at the end of the album is just Green Day right? And does anybody know if it from the American Idiot sessions or if it was re-recorded since then because I first heard after the MSG YouTube clip was posted that it was an American Idiot outtake.

Yes, the last song is just Green Day. There's also the musical version though.

I'm assuming it was re-recorded for this. It was considered for American Idiot but it didn't fit the album.

I do think Billie originally wrote the song when he was 19 though. Or so it's been said.

I think it was mentioned during that MTV special about the musical that the song had never been recorded but Billie had written the song for Adrienne when he was 19 or something.

I still haven't got a physical copy of the album 'cause I don't think it has been released in stores in Australia yet. The only copy I have of it right now is that audio rip from MTV The Leak and the quality is terrible. :lol:

i'm annoyed with amazon because it was supposed to be despatched yesterday but it still hasn't and it just says 'being despatched soon'. I want it now :mad:

The album finally came out today here! :D Bought it today after school :happy:

For some reason, a whole load of the booklet in my copy is missing. The lyrics only go up to 21 Guns and there's one page at the start that explians what happens in the end of the show, Does anyone else have this? :unsure:

For some reason, a whole load of the booklet in my copy is missing. The lyrics only go up to 21 Guns and there's one page at the start that explians what happens in the end of the show, Does anyone else have this? :unsure:

My copy has all the lyrics, but I found that the page at the beginning "a note from the director" seemed to be cut short, as if there should be more continued on the next page.. :unsure:

i just got mine. ive only listened to the first 2 songs, and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My copy has all the lyrics, but I found that the page at the beginning "a note from the director" seemed to be cut short, as if there should be more continued on the next page.. :unsure:

Mines the opposite, there's just one page that goes from Before the Lobotomy(reprise) to the end...:ermm: Maybe the original booklet was to big to fit in a CD case or somthing =/

I bought this CD yesterday. I really love how they interlink the songs with one another and they harmonise alot of the parts really well. Although there's certain songs that I just can't appreciate as much because I don't think the voices sit comfortably. I found American Idiot to be too theatrical, but I really love their version of 21 Guns and I really like Homecoming alot.

Just bought and downloaded mine from iTunes. Hope it's good :happy:

I went to FRS to see if it's there, but I couldn't find it >.< I'll check again next week, and if it's still not there, I'll ask someone there about it. :)

My copy arrived this afternoon and I've just finished my first listen. Obviously it doesn't sound the same as Green Day and the singing is more theatrical but I absolutely fucking love it.

Oh and "When Its time" very nearly made me cry, but only cos I'd love someone to write a song like that about me :(

Yaaaaay the guy that would try to find it for me in London found it and he's gonna buy it for me :happy: For only like 12 or 13 pounds, too. And it's got 22 tracks too. So I'm happy =D

Yaaaaay the guy that would try to find it for me in London found it and he's gonna buy it for me :happy: For only like 12 or 13 pounds, too. And it's got 22 tracks too. So I'm happy =D

Is there a different version with less tracks?

If you guys are already getting it in Europe, I'm going to look for it as soon as possible!! :woot:

That's so weird that the booklets are screwed up for some of ye. :o I really hope mine isn't. I might check and try and swap it if it is! (Still haven't gotten it D:)

I guess my favorites would be Extraordinary Girl, Too Much Too Soon, St.Jimmy, Holiday, and Letterbomb. My least favorite would be Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Are We The Waiting, Whatsername and the musical verison of When It's Time.

I bought this CD yesterday. I really love how they interlink the songs with one another and they harmonise alot of the parts really well. Although there's certain songs that I just can't appreciate as much because I don't think the voices sit comfortably. I found American Idiot to be too theatrical, but I really love their version of 21 Guns and I really like Homecoming alot.

I actually found American Idiot to not be theatrical enough! xD Some parts of it just sound like a karoke version. The ending and all is class though. I love the songs which differ from the original the most.

i was wondering if all the CDs have 2 discs as well. My version is awesome. full booklet, 2 discs. no imperfections. and i love the different sound on all the songs.

^Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of them do. I just got a CD copy of it the other day, I had the digital copy bought from iTunes. I love the artwork on the CD.

This is John singing "When It's Time" on WNYC's Soundcheck. He played live in studio. link

listen to that while Mr. Darcy is telling Elizabeth Bennet that he loves her on Pride and Prejudice is so añlsdjñlakj :wub:

seriously, guy, why don't you like Johnny's version? D:

Is there a different version with less tracks?

If you guys are already getting it in Europe, I'm going to look for it as soon as possible!! :woot:

I don't know how true it is, but some people on here said that on UK Amazon or HMV or some other site, it had only 21 tracks listed.

This is John singing "When It's Time" on WNYC's Soundcheck. He played live in studio. link

this is so beautiful. going on iPod asap.

I don't know how true it is, but some people on here said that on Amazon or HMV or some other site, it had only 21 tracks listed.

this is so beautiful. going on iPod asap.

21 Guns, 22 tracks :thumbsup:

Sorry, couldn't help myself, i'll get my coat :unsure:;)

I want them to release sheet music for this album, cuz I study voice in college now and I really wanna transpose one of these songs for a solo performance!

Archived