American Idiot Cast Album.

jacknovella

Anyone Ripped the CD ? (just asking)

BTW where can you get the CD ? like at a walk in store. not Online shtuff

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jkdbnsanmvbhyueoapihfwusakhlfjkds

i didn't think i would like this CD too much....BUT I DO!

surprisingly....my favorite song is know your enemy....because i FUCKING LOVE when will sings between st. jimmy

I LOVE Whatsername. so good.

Anyone Ripped the CD ? (just asking)

BTW where can you get the CD ? like at a walk in store. not Online shtuff

Best Buy and Target are to two places I've seen it at

i know! so excited. if been waiting for this for a while.

I got it the day after it came out.

I love it very, very much ^_^

I cannot wait until it comes out here!

I usually never get hard copies of CDs so this is a big thing for me.

Does anyone know what the booklet is like?

can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeease pm me the song with green day only, 'when its time' - (just the green day version, not the one with the cast) thanks!!

Does anyone know what the booklet is like?

It has the entire synopsis, along with the lyrics to all the songs on the disc.

Oh, and a few pictures from the show & rehearsals.

I'm going to eventually buy it on iTunes, when i get money, I've listened to previews of it and it sounds amazing. I love how they have changed the songs, but not in a way to where they suck, they've made them so enjoyable to listen to. Hopefully i can listen to the whole thing soon :happy:

Know your Enemy is by far my favorite song on this album. It's so fucking awesome it cannot be contained.

Know Your Enemy is great. I don't really care for the rest.

When It's Time is my baby. :wub:

IKR<33333

Which version?

Know Your Enemy is great. I don't really care for the rest.

I'm not too amazed at John's version, but the Green Day one is so good. :woot:

IKR<33333

Which version?

Green Day's. Duh.

I'm not too amazed at John's version, but the Green Day one is so good. :woot:

Uhuh. I agree. :)

Green Day's. Duh.

Ha, I actually like the cast's better, just kidding. Just the use of WMUWSE's guitar. But Billie's voice is needed<3

Ha, I actually like the cast's better, just kidding. Just the use of WMUWSE's guitar. But Billie's voice is needed<3

I don't. I think it sucks, to be quite honest. :lol:

Just not getting the ~feel of it.

When I first heard John's version the beginning sounded like Wake Me Up When September Ends which was kind of weird. But they did mix a couple songs on that album, but it's not like they mixed this one, they just made the beginning sound like it. :mellow:

John's and Green Day's version have different feels to it, I think. John's version feels more lighthearted, in a way, I think. Smaller, maybe? Like, as far as a song can be small. I have a strange way with using adjectives, sometimes, I hope anyone understands what I mean.

I can't exactly put my finger on what the difference is, but they feel different.

and the September guitar works in the song, but for people who were already familiar with the song (WMUWSE), it just feels a little weird, or at least, I get that feeling. And the fact that that guitar is used twice is a little strange, as the events the songs take place in, if I'm right, aren't very related at all (I'm not sure of that though).

John's and Green Day's version have different feels to it, I think. John's version feels more lighthearted, in a way, I think. Smaller, maybe? Like, as far as a song can be small. I have a strange way with using adjectives, sometimes, I hope anyone understands what I mean.

I can't exactly put my finger on what the difference is, but they feel different.

and the September guitar works in the song, but for people who were already familiar with the song (WMUWSE), it just feels a little weird, or at least, I get that feeling. And the fact that that guitar is used twice is a little strange, as the events the songs take place in, if I'm right, aren't very related at all (I'm not sure of that though).

I actually see some kind of connection. During "when it's time", Johnny is singing to Whatsername how much he loves her, and, in WMUWSE, he's just remembering the good memories they shared. It's been a while, and he'll never forget what he's lost. Or something like that.

And I got what you mean... I think. Johnny's version is smaller, 'cause his love for Whatsername is smaller than Billie's love for Adrienne... Besides, I think that in the musical, when Johnny sings that, is like the first time ever he plays the song, so it can't be the greatest thing in the world, right?

I actually see some kind of connection. During "when it's time", Johnny is singing to Whatsername how much he loves her, and, in WMUWSE, he's just remembering the good memories they shared. It's been a while, and he'll never forget what he's lost. Or something like that.

And I got what you mean... I think. Johnny's version is smaller, 'cause his love for Whatsername is smaller than Billie's love for Adrienne... Besides, I think that in the musical, when Johnny sings that, is like the first time ever he plays the song, so it can't be the greatest thing in the world, right?

(regarding what he's doing during WMUWSE), he is? If that's the case (I just realized that that makes perfect sense; Johnny, Tunny and Will sing the song together, then probably all reflecting on memories. even without having seen the musical (:pinch:) that makes sense), then it's clever to reuse it. Kind of emphases how feelings are the same, yet completely different.

You got a point there, but I mean, if you take it away from and to whom the song is sung, it's just smaller. Not literal (so not because it's the first time he plays the song), but... well, I can't explain it :lol: I never seem to find the right adjectives. I guess it sounds more humble than Green Day's version. Although that's probably meant to be like that, and getting back to your point which then is right, is because Johnny's and Whatsername's love is smaller (or not necessarily smaller, but definitely newer, rawer, and generally different) than Billie's and Adie's.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I'm not too good at explaining things like this.

(regarding what he's doing during WMUWSE), he is? If that's the case (I just realized that that makes perfect sense; Johnny, Tunny and Will sing the song together, then probably all reflecting on memories. even without having seen the musical (:pinch:) that makes sense), then it's clever to reuse it. Kind of emphases how feelings are the same, yet completely different.

You got a point there, but I mean, if you take it away from and to whom the song is sung, it's just smaller. Not literal (so not because it's the first time he plays the song), but... well, I can't explain it :lol: I never seem to find the right adjectives. I guess it sounds more humble than Green Day's version. Although that's probably meant to be like that, and getting back to your point which then is right, is because Johnny's and Whatsername's love is smaller (or not necessarily smaller, but definitely newer, rawer, and generally different) than Billie's and Adie's.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I'm not too good at explaining things like this.

I got what you said (:

((and I haven't seen the musical either, but I was so obssesed with it during september, that I read all the recaps I could, including that huge that J'net did ))

and I don't know... maybe Johnny is just not as good as Green day to express his point :lol: xD

I got what you said (:

((and I haven't seen the musical either, but I was so obssesed with it during september, that I read all the recaps I could, including that huge that J'net did ))

and I don't know... maybe Johnny is just not as good as Green day to express his point :lol: xD

Haha, yeah, I read all the recaps too :lol: just can't remember too much of them, eh.

Well, idk. Maybe it was directed to be like that. Grr, it bugs me I don't know the exact setting of the song, that would help. I know it's after BTL/Extraordinary Girl/BTL, but that's a part with Tunny, so yeah.

Archived