Billie Joe's Guitars Thread

greendayawtw

Billie play in Caracas on new blue is Clean new Blue with new stickers.

Very very good look in this:

But why ? ...

I don't know why.. -.-'

I want his "old" his back !

His "new" Blue is so... hmm.. I can't describe... new ?! XD

old blue also once started off as 'new'. he plays with different replicas of blue all the time though..this one just looks more vibrant.

He's playing the hollow body Harmony that he tweeted about the other night in this Minority video from Porta Alegre

When did he get the Les Paul with the Adeline logo?

Alex

I think he's been using it since the beginning of this year, when they were touring Asia.

New Blue looks weird, I don't think it's the stickers though. The shade of blue is just really bright. Maybe it's not a Fender, maybe it's a partscaster he built.

The electricians tape on Billie Joe's large cutaway on Blue is there because some dude knocked into him at one of their first gigs and he dropped the guitar, causing it to crack from the strap lock down. He then later taped it up.

Also he has got copies of "Blue" because the "original" is heavily damaged maybe?

So I think :D

However how does the "Frankenstein" Guitar of him look like? In the internet it is always confound with Blue ...

Alex

I Have one more Question why Billie always delete on the neck "Fender Stratocaster" ? His old blue have the same thing. Why ?

Sorry for bad english but i hope You understand Me ;)

It's a Fernandes Guitar, a Stratocaster copy!

Alex

I Have 2 more Question:

1. Why Billie always delete on the neck "Fender Stratocaster" ? His old blue have the same thing. Why ?

2. Do Billie ever use Squire Deluxe (Daphne Blue) as "Blue" ?

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0300500504

Sorry for bad english but i hope You understand Me ;)

1.On the old Fernandes guitars, they put the headstock logo on top of the finish instead of sealing it underneath. So the logo could flake off, or be removed really easily without damaging the finish. But he probably sanded the logo off so people would think the guitar was a Fender, instead of a copy.

2. No Billie has never used a Squier Deluxe as Blue.

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/index.php

Here ? I Can't find it Can You help me ?

Fernandes isn't allowed to make them any more. There was a big lawsuit involving a bunch of Japanese guitar companies back in the 80s, because they were making guitars that were identical to Fender and Gibson. So after that happened Fernandes still made strats for awhile, but with different headstock shapes. But now the closest thing that they make is called a Fernandes Retrorocket, but they're like misshapen Stratocasters. They only have 2 knobs, the input jack isn't on the front of the body, and the body has a slightly different shape. They make them in daphne blue though.

Ok Thanks. ;)

But i Have last Question why is new "Blue" has deleted the "Fender" on the neck too like the old ?

Probably just because that's how it is on the old Blue. But I'm not completely sure that the new one is a Fender.

I think its an replica of blue and blue is not an original Fender, so why should he not delete it? It only confuse the fans or maybe himself :D

But are there pictures of "FRANKENSTEIN"?

Alex

I think its an replica of blue and blue is not an original Fender, so why should he not delete it? It only confuse the fans or maybe himself :D

But are there pictures of "FRANKENSTEIN"?

Alex

The first thing you said confused me.

Frankenstein is a guitar that Billie built himself, using Fender parts. There's a bunch of people who think it's a Telecaster. I think Blue #2 (the Blue replica from the Nimrod tour) is Frankenstein.

The first thing you said confused me.

Frankenstein is a guitar that Billie built himself, using Fender parts. There's a bunch of people who think it's a Telecaster. I think Blue #2 (the Blue replica from the Nimrod tour) is Frankenstein.

Why taht?

So nobody know what Frankenstein look like -.-

Alex

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

can we make a page like this for the other guitars floyd ... and other jrs and the double cut jrs ... the hollow bodd gibsons .... and anything else .. or info on his guitars

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pics!

Edited by basketcase4933