American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I find it weird they call him "Mr. Armstrong" lol

And that sounds strange, don't think I'm going to like it tbh.

hmm .. I don't really know what to think about it, really .. it's weird

we will see .. but I can't see it anyways, so..

yeah but it's better told in song.

Acted out will take away a lot of the effect. IMO

agreed.

And, the story has been told. Every time someone in this world decides to pick up the album and plays it the story's being told.

oh dear. This has made me die a little inside.

(I seem to recall reading or hearing 'Mr Armstrong' something along the lines of 'over his dead body' would this ever be a 'musical'. Maybe I misread/misheard).

^Good or bad way?

I'm not sure about this.

yeah me too.

I don't know if I should think this is cool or just pretty weird.

I mean, AI was good and all, but a theatrical production? :/

It wasn't that great...

^Good or bad way?

If you mean to me - sadly a bad way. But then theatre isn't my favourite thing anyway, whatever the show.

I would rather see John's film!

(if not to me - ignore this post!)

Wow, this is unexpected :o I won't be able to see it unless it will be released on DVD or tour around the world like some other musicals. I'd love to see it, I think it's a very nice idea.

If you mean to me - sadly a bad way. But then theatre isn't my favourite thing anyway, whatever the show.

I would rather see John's film!

(if not to me - ignore this post!)

yeah I meant you.

And I agree. John's film should be more interesting.

Fuck the Who. THEY can move on, so last century :lol:

:mad:

No Who = No Green Day. Infact it means no a lot of bands.

Im not so sure about this, I would have to see it to make an opinion on it. I just hope it does not blow.

:mad:

No Who = No Green Day. Infact it means no a lot of bands.

Im not so sure about this, I would have to see it to make an opinion on it. I just hope it does not blow.

I think we're just going to have to see it.

What kind of fans are you guys anyway?

why the hell not?

Do you even like Green Day?

Fuck the Who. THEY can move on, so last century :lol:

shut the fuck up

What kind of fans are you guys anyway?

You dont have to cream over every single thing the band does to be a good fan. A lot of people will not like this. Its nothing to do with the band themselves, but more to do with how the American Idiot theme is being milked and turned into something that probably should have been left as an album. Just my view

You dont have to cream over every single thing the band does to be a good fan. A lot of people will not like this. Its nothing to do with the band themselves, but more to do with how the American Idiot theme is being milked and turned into something that probably should have been left as an album. Just my view

I agree 100%.

(sorry my post is useless...)

is it something like a opera?

Musicals and operas are two different things although you can compare them.

A musical is just like a play... the difference is that the actors sing instead of speak and they often wear very conspicuous costumes. But the actors don't sing like singers in an opera, it's more "normal" :lol:

I must say that a year ago I would've probably hated the idea of this, but I've warmed up to musicals lately and I'm pretty excited about how it's gonna turn out.

I think it has potential of becoming something great, but at the same time, it might turn out to be horrible. But it wouldn't take anything away from the album in my opinion, and like someone said earlier - you've got to take chances sometimes. :)

I don't know what to think about this. Sounds good and bad. AI could be a good musical with good actors and so on. Don't know.

(But I won't see that anyway... I'm getting quite bitter.)

Thanks for posting those! I was on the fence about this when I first read it, but it is looking more promising to me now that I read more. I really don't think Billie Joe and Green Day would let someone make this masterpiece into some cheesy second rate production, so I have to have faith that it's gonna just be another awesome chapter in American Idiot interpretation.

I truly hope Billie Joe has saved that unheard AI song for this production - it would fit right in methinks! :D

i guess im not the only one who thought the whole story in ai was completely stupid an unnecesary? i mean what was it, some dude who acted like a dick, ran away from home, found a chick, who decided he was a dick, left him and then he went back home. sounds like a completely pointless journey to me.