What Made You Love Green Day In The First Place?

Adz-GD-

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the feeling i got listening to billies voice, and the lyrics...

and the music...it was love at once :wub:

i had heard a few songs but when i heard holiday i feel completely in love with them.

billie's voice, the structure of the songs, tre's drumming, everything.

the perfect package.

i've been obsessed ever since.

and proud of it.

My friend bought me Dookie for my 13th birthday and I loved them ever since! That was almost 3 years ago.

music and the lyrics. like a lot of the fans who got into the band a few years back..... all you really had was the cds to go by. I didnt have sky, didnt have internet access, only got to hear about them because of my ex and loved the music.

back when i was really little my cousin used to put dookie on all the time. so i got used to them.

then when i got older and started liking music a little more, i listened to to the song warning and got hooked to it.

but then later i was playing madden nfl 2004 and the song american idiot was on the soundtrack. thats when i really started to like gd.

Listening to either Basket Case or When i come around (i can't remember which) for the first time on the radio. Damn, it feels like a lifetime ago. :/

AI was like the first cd I bought that really liked and I just loved all of it. The lyrics first of all are amazing, Tré drumming and the live perfomances.

A mix of their lyrics and the fact i had a small crush on billie for a bit.

I knew that Basket Case was from a cool band.

and i was soo right.

I heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams on the radio and thought "Well, hot damn, that's a pretty good song." I didn't buy the album until Holiday came out, though.

That and Billie's shoes.

It was when I heard When I Come Around...particuarly the last 20 seconds or so. Billie's voice, along with the bass, sent shivers up my spine. I took my birthday money and bought Dookie the next day.

heh i really don't know

id have to say that the music was done perfectly into each song

like you couldn't make it better than what the way it was played so each song to me was perfectly played which made me listen to them more

and the fact that lyrics were awesome by the time i started to listen to them as each album went on the songs just got better and more perfectly sounding

like all the instruments and vocals are done perfectly in each song if you know what i mean

and thats what made me love green day

plus the fact that theyre funny on stage esp. mr tree cool

i think when i heard holiday. i'd listened to them before, but i wasn't a huge fan... but when i heard that song i definitely became a fan. idk what it is, i just really love that song

When I heard Boulevard Of Broken Dreams on TV

Same,I saw them on Leno and it was the fact

that I could relate to the lyrics that kept me listining. :happy:

When i see Basket Case video on the tv , i was hooked ,and i have loved them

eversince

I come to admit i hated the song, American Idiot, when it first came out.

I thought billie joe looked like a freak.

But i most certainly do not think anything of the sort anymore.

Kinda hard to explain but for me it was how I felt when I listen to their songs

I could relate with the lyrics and it was as if the whole word outside my room didnt exist for a while when I listen to the music

It was also the fact that they really love what they do, that they were such good friends and had that "I dont give a shit" attitude

Archived