Anyone covered a Green Day song?

Pineapple

Has any famous band covered a Green Day song,

Not like a local band or anything, a record lable band?

Just curious

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

avril lavigne covered basket case

That's the only one I know... It was kinda horrifying to listen to. Especially when she screams "BASKET CASE GREEN DAY!!" at the end. It coulda been worse though.

That's the only one I know... It was kinda horrifying to listen to. Especially when she screams "BASKET CASE GREEN DAY!!" at the end. It coulda been worse though.

yer i havent listened to it i just saw

it on lime wire

I'm pretty sure most of us know this, but Weezer covered Worry Rock on a Green Day tribute album. It didn't suck too bad, they changed it up a little.

I'm pretty sure most of us know this, but Weezer covered Worry Rock on a Green Day tribute album. It didn't suck too bad, they changed it up a little.

Oh sweet. I didn't know that.

I've heard about that, but I haven't actually heard it.

It'd be interesting to listen to..I think I'll download it. :happy:

To stay on topic, I don't know of any big bands(other than Weezer) that have covered any GD songs.

One of our local bands used to play Longview at every show.

It was always the best part. :)

Wow, I didn't know that; I'll look for it.

avril lavigne ´´sang´´ basket case on her first tour and american idiot on her second tour................that japanase woman who covered bobd only with a piano,an acoustic guitar and her voice was utada hikaru,japan's biggest popsinger actually :happy:

that japanase woman who covered bobd only with a piano,an acoustic guitar and her voice was utada hikaru,japan's biggest popsinger actually :happy:

Yeah, that's her name. I have her cd ( :ph34r: ) but it doesn't have BOBD on it :(

avril lavigne ´´sang´´ basket case on her first tour and american idiot on her second tour................that japanase woman who covered bobd only with a piano,an acoustic guitar and her voice was utada hikaru,japan's biggest popsinger actually :happy:

Did Avril Lavigne really cover American Idiot?

Ooooh my. :rolleyes:

That's a shock and a half.

This is off topic, but I was just looking on iTunes and there's a bluegrass style tribute album..

They covered "Coming Clean" and the preview scared me. :mellow:

But anyway..

I liked the Weezer cover. It wasn't too bad.

i know i know some covers, but my mind is drawing a blank..lemme think about it then i will repost hahaha

i think blink 183 sang basket case live once.

I haven't heard of any covers, but Avril Lavigne singing anything Green Day sounds mildly horrifying, definatly... It give me goose bumps just to think about it... It reminds me of my little cousin, as well (American Idiot, Teenie Bopper Green Day Fan. Ugh.)... That gives me further goose bumps...

I haven't heard of any covers, but Avril Lavigne singing anything Green Day sounds mildly horrifying, definatly... It give me goose bumps just to think about it... It reminds me of my little cousin, as well (American Idiot, Teenie Bopper Green Day Fan. Ugh.)... That gives me further goose bumps...

You don't want to hear Avril *trying to* sing Green Day.. There is a good chance your eardrums will burst.

My cousin is like that, but he's a guy. It's so weird.

He's all, "Yea, I like Green Day. I'm cool." :mellow:

And he's 9..

A japanese girl covered BOBD. Hikataru was her name or something. I don't remember :/

^ Her name is Utada Hikaru

weird Al did Canadian idiot, american idiot's parody

Haha his one is funny as hell.

havent

My chemical covered a green day song at some awards show that green day were attending

MCR did Green Day songs for the Grammy awards or something like that for a tribute to them.

havent

My chemical covered a green day song at some awards show that green day were attending

true..

are there any videos of their prformance here?

Archived