Green Day Street Cred

Trotsky

turn on: that after all these years they're still all together doing what they love: music.

turn off: that they refuse to come to Finland :P

They refuse to come Finland , why?!

Anoter pissed me off: they didn't come to Israel!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and also to me personally i think they ripped motley crue with that too because they did something similar before it with hurricane Katrina footage and all

impressed not quite sure on that ill get back to you on that one

I concur. It looks a little suss. I love Motley Crue :happy:

Impressed: Not since I was teenie. psh. Meaning.. Ages ago. :huh:

Impressed: The music and them helping the planet :D

Pissed off: Them being with U2 :mad:. And Billie needs a haircut :lol:

why are you guys all ripping on U2 fuck there better then green day at what they do and i dont really like em so shut the fuck up

The last thing they did to impress me was the live version of "The Saints Are Coming".

The last thing they did to piss me off was the studio version.

why are you guys all ripping on U2 fuck there better then green day at what they do and i dont really like em so shut the fuck up

Hahahaha!! :lol:

impressed: JOS

pissed:after AI,billie got more cocky than usual and not in a cool way...but he admits to it so its not as bad

impressed: At how much they've grown up. It would be terible if they tried to be pothead 20-sometings again like they were during Dookie... they've changed their opinions, and they've gotten a more mature look on life, and i absalutely love it.

pissed: The GDA Q&A. Ah well, knew it was too good to be true.

I'm also pissed about the amazing shallowness of their fans. They didn't colaberate with U2 beacuse of their fans, or because it would get them a lot of publicity, they did it because they wanted to help Music Rising and try and start to fix what the government fucked up when they took too long getting to New Orleans. And what the fuck is wrong with them wanting to help the enviorment?!! And they're going to take their time to make another amazing record. Would you rather have a new album now that they don't truly love, or wait for something that's their best effort? And the AI movie is going to be amazing. Gah.

added later*

They're doing something, they're making changes ("Like changing the brand of crap they buy;"...sorry.) and it's a great! If Green Day just made their little ablum, and worked hard to get their time on MTV, then people would say that they werern't doing enough to help the world, wern't putting their fame to good use. Now they do something good, and everyone jumps at the chance to find some little fault!

It's unrealistic to hold them to everything they said way back when- so what that Billie Joe said he would never had a sig guitar? Times change, people change, and everyone breaks promises or forgets what they said.

impressed: At how much they've grown up. It would be terible if they tried to be pothead 20-sometings again like they were during Dookie... they've changed their opinions, and they've gotten a more mature look on life, and i absalutely love it.

I'm also pissed about the amazing shallowness of their fans. They didn't colaberate with U2 beacuse of their fans, or because it would get them a lot of publicity, they did it because they wanted to help Music Rising and try and start to fix what the government fucked up when they took too long getting to New Orleans. And what the fuck is wrong with them wanting to help the enviorment?!! And they're going to take their time to make another amazing record. Would you rather have a new album now that they don't truly love, or wait for something that's their best effort? And the AI movie is going to be amazing. Gah.

Finally.

I just wanted to say, that U2 chose Green Day, not the other way around. I used to hate U2. I thought they were old and un-influential. But then I actually started listening to them and learning about their history. Both them and GD have every right to act all "Bono-ish".

It sounds corny but acting Bono-ish is going to save our world.

I agree with the points in your last paragraph - people seem incapable of seeing their collaboration with U2 from any pov other than musically, and as for that aspect, I think it worked anyway. The bands synched and were able to accommodate each other, the song is perfect and reflects GD's punk. They were true to their music, true to who they are, and they fucking helped people.

As for helping the environment, fuck, we all have to do it, not just GD, and that's what they're trying to get across. They are simply endorsing the efforts of an organization and trying to get support for it, and I don't see how making a short video and writing a letter takes them away from their work for very long - it's simply an act of conscience in the midst of the work.

Fuck, no-one will want the album out as much as GD want it themselves, and that Billie Joe is well aware of the dangers of taking attention away from your art for too long is obvious from statements he's made in the past. Anyone who understands what it is to produce art would know that it requires a ruthless streak and total focus, and anything he does aside from the album would be carefully chosen, and the time appropriated to it minimized.

The album will come when it comes, and guys, it's no use sitting around waiting for it - it just doesn't work that way.

Well I don't care about Adeline or the merch. I'm in it for the music and that's all I care about. A Green Day album has always been there when I needed one.

As for disappointments- it's their life and their deal. If they are doing what they want to do- that's fine by me.

Both them and GD have every right to act all "Bono-ish".

It sounds corny but acting Bono-ish is going to save our world.

Everyone has the right to act Bono-ish, and sadly it's a right that not everyone takes advantage of. Sigh.

I agree with the points in your last paragraph - people seem incapable of seeing their collaboration with U2 from any pov other than musically, and as for that aspect, I think it worked anyway. The bands synched and were able to accommodate each other, the song is perfect and reflects GD's punk. They were true to their music, true to who they are, and they fucking helped people.

As for helping the environment, fuck, we all have to do it, not just GD, and that's what they're trying to get across. They are simply endorsing the efforts of an organization and trying to get support for it, and I don't see how making a short video and writing a letter takes them away from their work for very long - it's simply an act of conscience in the midst of the work.

Fuck, no-one will want the album out as much as GD want it themselves, and that Billie Joe is well aware of the dangers of taking attention away from your art for too long is obvious from statements he's made in the past. Anyone who understands what it is to produce art would know that it requires a ruthless streak and total focus, and anything he does aside from the album would be carefully chosen, and the time appropriated to it minimized.

The album will come when it comes, and guys, it's no use sitting around waiting for it - it just doesn't work that way.

Exactly! The song sounds great, and tons of people bought it- mission accomplished! I don't think the collaboration is in any way an indication of the way the Green Day is going musically. And if it is, then it will still sound good, because Green Day could make techno music and it would sound great! *cough*

It seems to me that some people still think of green day as teenagers, young guys, who don't really care about the world- c'mon guys, we gotta grow with them band as they do. They have learned what to do when they walk into a studio, they learned what works for them and what doesn't, and they learned what’s good music and what isn't. They are an experienced band that's finally accepted their maturity; even starting with Nimrod, you could see the little sparks of growing up. The little thoughts of what lies beyond here, and now.

the last thing they impressed me with:

i just saw for the first time the concert at Woodstock 1994 :wub: and the fact of saving the world :woot:

the last thing they dissapointed me with:

they are not as punk as they seemed to :(

The video of Jesus Of Suburbia pissed me off , too

is too different from the other videos they made

Impressed -joining with NRDC

Pissed off - The competition for winning a signed BJ sig Gibson guitar only being for Americans :dry:

Impressed : when I first listened to Shenanigans

Pissed of : All the privileges for Idiot Club Members :dry:

Haha yeah Billie Joe tries to act all suave and mature now.

I liked him when he was all dorky and messed around a lot. =D

I'm pissed off that theyre turning into U2 and being all save the world. A little bit of thats ok. but shjhrker. come on. just make music.

ahh i agree with u, its like hey its good u care about the planet but ur musicians, like actors to musicians or vis versa ya know?

but all in all they just are pissing me off right now have been for quite awhile, but i still love em. no matter what they do.

Haha yeah Billie Joe tries to act all suave and mature now.

I liked him when he was all dorky and messed around a lot. =D

If Billie was like he was around Dookie/Insomniac now, I'd be worried. He ain't Peter Pan and I'm glad he's grown up. Like Tre, he's a great drummer but at his age, doing some of the things he does, I find it embarrassing.

If Billie was like he was around Dookie/Insomniac now, I'd be worried. He ain't Peter Pan and I'm glad he's grown up. Like Tre, he's a great drummer but at his age, doing some of the things he does, I find it embarrassing.

Haha that would be awesome if he still acted like that.

They grew up. It's the arch of life, and you are going to go through it too. Deal with it.

I would be disappointed if they still acted that way. You are speaking like you have an inside source on what they wanted to be and what they stood for in the past.

Despite what artists say in interviews, I really never expect them to be fully honest. People have trouble facing their true feelings even to themselves, let alone a perfectly good stranger.

My point is, only the three of them know exactly what their ethics and beliefs were, and what they are now, assuming they have ever changed.

You don't know them from the inside out, so stop acting like you do.

They still do things "just because they can".

Dont try to prove my opinion wrong. Thats what I think. Good for you if youd be dissapointed. Those are my feelings on Green Day, and i fail to see how you can tell me otherwise.

my friend said to me tre has the potential to be a way better drummer then he is he just mucks around too much and i couldnt agree more like come one i know drummers YOUNGER then him that have been playing for less then him and they are some of the worlds best drummers and or fastest and he has to potential to be up there i reckon does any one else agree

Impressed me: Well, the fact they they are this far into their career and still making music and making the impact they are. I think it is fabulous that they have teamed up with NRDC. And even though I dont like Bono I am impressed they they teamed with with them, I mean U2 is one of the biggest in the world as is Green Day now, and they are using their advantage to help people and raise awareness, people should be comending them instead of shooting them down for it!

As for pissing me off, well, they haven't done anything to piss me off. I have noticed that people are pissed off at Green Day for things that is out of their control, things that the record company decides, I wish people would see past the merch and advertising, stop moaning and appriciate the music for what it is.. AMAZING!

Dont try to prove my opinion wrong. Thats why I think. Good for you if youd be dissapointed. I really dont give a rats ass. Those are my feelings on Green Day, and i fail to see how you can tell me otherwise.

why cant people try to prove you wrong? yes, you have the right to believe what you do, but if you have that right, others have the right to disagree and attempt to prove you wrong.

by reading opinions that are opposite to your own gives you the chance to grow. you dont have to agree with what is said. but listening/reading might just give you new information and that can never be a bad thing.

as for Tres potential as a drummer? does it really matter who is the fastest drummer? who hits the hardest?

its a case of hitting the right drum, at the right time, for the song you are playing. and believing in the song and enjoying playing it.

Archived