2 Green Day Albums Feature in Kerrang 100 Greatest Rock Albums

x.broken dream.x

Theres a special issue of Kerrang called 100 greatest rock albums and in it Dookie comes in 34 and American Idiot comes in number 13. I got it just today and Dookie is described as "The ultimate pop-punk album, straight outta east bay" whilst American Idiot is "Conceptual punk masterpeice that provided a lifeline for a disenfranchised generation"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euuurghh

They labeled Dookie pop punk

I like pop. I like punk. But it's one or the other, pop punk is a contradiction..

I just call Green Day rock these days. Easier... they're such a mix, 39/Smooth is pop, Dookie is americano punk, Insomniac as on the edge of thrash... Nimrod is rock with a bit of ska... too confusing. Rock will do nicely, heh..

^who cares green day has two up there and

i bet it was some dumbass emo band any ways

As soon as I read the thread title, I knew that it was going to be Dookie and AI. After all, they're Green Day's two breakthrough albums: The one that made them famous, and the one that made them more famous!

Yeah, i read this the other day. I think it's great, but i knew strait off whicg two it was! It's be nice to see the others in some countdowns, too.

I hate that you can tell which ones would be on it.. I mean Warning and Nimrod should totally have been on it but you know whatever... :rolleyes:

They totally deserve it though..Yay! :woot:

Guest 16PaperLanterns

oh cool.

As soon as I read the thread title, I knew that it was going to be Dookie and AI. After all, they're Green Day's two breakthrough albums: The one that made them famous, and the one that made them more famous!

haha yeah

in the local radio station's list (it was a vote, too), Dookie was number 7, AI was 11 or 21.

Archived