If Green Day Were Straight Edge

nessa1416

I was just watching a show, and it was saying some things about straightedge, and it got me thinking... if Green Day were straight edge, how would their music change, if at all?

What do you think?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just that, alot of Green Day's reputation is partying hard, trashing hotel rooms, and getting trashed themselves. I couldnt imagine what they would be like with out the drinking and drugs.

:o There would be no Longview...

I really dont think it would change alot. People want to hear songs about booze and drugs and green day keep writing the songs for aslong as people want them :D

I guess all the references to drink/drugs/sex would be out and instead they would sing about puppy dogs and flower arranging ?

i'd buy that in a shot, who doesn't love puppies and flower arrnaging. you could put the puppies in the flowers for added cuteness

I don't think there would be Green Day if they were straight edge. If they were, their songs would be heaps different. They probably wouldn't be as big.

i'd buy that in a shot, who doesn't love puppies and flower arrnaging. you could put the puppies in the flowers for added cuteness

New album cover ?

IPB Image

I really dont think it would change alot. People want to hear songs about booze and drugs and green day keep writing the songs for aslong as people want them :D

:huh:

So they'll stop drinking, doing drugs and having permiscuous (sp??) sex, but they're still going to write songs about it??

Guest 16PaperLanterns

they'd probably have really odd music... well, the music might be similar, but the lyrics would be totally different.

their lyrics would be different and there wouldn't be longview

or hitchin' a ride.

Yeah there would - straight edgers arent against masturbation, just casual sex :blink:

Every album would be just like 1039 SOSH minus "Green Day." (and any other songs on there related to drugs or sex)

well they just wouldnt be Green Day i mean thats what they are about so if they were "straight edge" then they wouldnt be Green Day

LMAO

omg im rofling right now :lol:

Green Day wouldn't exist if they were all straight-edge

their band name would be the first to go :lol:

Archived