Drummers In Green Day

BJ-loves-Miu

Here the other day I began to think (dangerous thing... :P ) about how many drummers Green Day have had.....

I know that they had John Kriftmeyer aka Al Soprante before Tré...

But weren't there one more before Tré? :blink:

Please don't say that I'm stupid cause I already know that I am... :pinch:

Did a search on this and couldn't find another topic with this.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had a drummer in between John and Tre, but he quit before ever becoming "official". I'm pretty sure they went through a few drummers before John too. Back when they just jammed in Billie's living room and such.

yea like the guy before tre said that he wasnt good enough to be in the band with billie and mike and left

i dont know but i would make sense that they would have a few more in between john and tre that were not offical

I wouldnt swear to this but I think when they first started it was one of their friends who played drums but when they decided to actually form the band proper and start doing gigs they recruited John. somebody else, no idea what his name was, stood in for a while between John leaving and Tre joining them.

might be an idea to watch "rise and rise of". there might be brief bits of video footage or photos of the guy playing when they first started. dont remember seeing photos of anybody playing after John left the band.

from what I know- 3

John Kiffy, Tre, and then someone who did the drums on 2000 light years away

There were several drummers between Kiffmeyer and Tre, although most of them didn't last beyond a rehearsal. The stand in who lasted the longest was the drummer from a band called The Wynona Ryders (sp?), who I think lasted for 1 show before Tre was invited into the band.

Billie and Mike have both said that it was the closest they've ever come to splitting up the band.

it was just john and tre

No, it wasn't. Read 'Green Day: American Idiots and the new punk explosion'. There was someone between them, if only for a week or so.

Someone else drummed for the song 2,000 lightyears away,I remember someone on here saying it was there distant cousin or something,Another guy join,It might of been him though,but he quit like a week afetr becuase he said he wasn't as good as them

the other day i was reading that when Al Sobrate left the band...billie and mike was lookinf for some drummers...4 guys i think...but only was in the band one or two weeks....well in 2 languages.....

SPANISH

. Al Sobrante dejó la banda para ir a la universidad en Arcata, California, y tras otros cuatro baterías, (el más duradero fue Dave E.C.) que duraron poco más de dos semanas cada uno, Lawrence Livermore les propuso a Tré Cool, de 17 años y ya residente en Berkeley, como nuevo batería temporal, a quién la banda aceptó llamándolo jocosamente el mejor batería de la banda.

ENGLISH

Al Sobrante left the band to go to the university in Arcata, California, and after other four batteries, (the most durable was Dave E.C.) that lasted little more than two weeks each one, Lawrence Livermore proposed Tré Cool, 17 years old and already residing in Berkeley, as new temporary battery, to who the band accepted calling it jocosely the best battery in the band.

enjoy it!!!!! :happy:

Archived