The Ramones vs. Green day

homecoming12345

I find this is usually true, but not always. I like GD's version of "Knowledge" better than Operation Ivy's.

*GASP* are you serious??? Operation Ivy is the second greatest band ever (after green day of course) i love all their songs...although i gotta say Knowledge is a bit over-rated...OpIvy has much better songs

but anyway...replying to the original question: i like the ramones version better...and like was said a bazillion times before me- the original is always the best...except i think i like green day's version of My Generation better than the Who's (i would like the Who's version a lot more if there wasn't quite so much stuttering in it...but i really love both virsions...it really depends on my mood)

Redundant.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like both. but i like the green day version a little more, just cause im in LOVE with billie's voice... :wub:

Ramones... but to give Green Day some credit, I think it's one of their better covers.

Ramones... but to give Green Day some credit, I think it's one of their better covers.

My sentiments exactly :happy:

I like Green Day's version better... I thinks its because Billie Joe's voice is better then the Ramones singers voice..(i dont remember his name..)

both are awesome, so both. cant say, but if i absolutely had to pick, i would pick Green Day's, because the singer for The Ramones' voice sounds like Kerrmit the frog. :lol: but dont get me wrong, i love them too.

I actually like GD's version of Outsider better than the Ramones.

GD's seem to have more energy.

I have to give it to the Ramones on this one. Green Day's cover was really similar, but it seems like the Ramones version fits better.

I've never heard The Ramone's version of it, but Green Day's is awesome...and i especially like that part where they really sound like the Ramones

"I messed up everyone

I've already had all my fun

More troubles are gonna come

I've already had all my fun

Oh yeah yeah yeah"

Archived