Green Day 7th Best Band Live

mayday01

Thanks to Andres for editing it.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/lym...r/spin_0806.jpg

I looked on GDA and didn't see it, but.. Green Day made 7th best live performances in the latest Spin.

Can't find a scan so I typed up the article:

In 1977 the Sex Pistols and the Clash wanted to not only set the English crown ablaze, but also sell lots of records. So when Green Day struck gold with 1994's Dookie, they hit the road hard and introduced the joys of "wuh-too-fee-faw" to mall rats and their little brothers and sisters. Green Day may be in their 30s, but they remember what it was like to be corrupted by punk rock, so they play selections from their bag of hits hard, fast, and with punishing disipline, because ever night is a night to make another convert.

Best Moment: Sometimes they'll haul out "Rock You Like A Huricane," which will always thrill some 13-year olds unaware that the song was originally recorded by a bunch of ridiculous Germans.

And then there was a live picture of Billie Joe playing, with Mike to his side back.

Complete List:

1. U2

2. The Stooges

3. Arcade Fire

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Radiohead

6. White Stripes

7. Green Day

8. The Hives

9. Prince

10. The Dirtbombs

11. Queens Of The Stone Age

12. Turbonegro

13. My Chemical Romance

14. Yeah Yeah Yeahs

15. Riverboat Gamblers

16. The Flaming Lips

17. The Roots

18. My Morning Jacket

19. Art Brut

20. Gogol Bordello

21. Against Me!

22. LCD Soundsystem

23. AFI

24. The Mars Volta

25. Comets On Fire

And here's the link to Spin, but it doesn't include the full article (or Green Day).

http://www.spin.com/features/magazine/2006...25greatestlive/

EDIT: Best of "Now"

(September 2006 Issue)

Sorry if it's already been posted. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow thats really cool! thanks for telling us and nice work on typing everything up and posting a link :happy:

My Chemical Romance that high? not good... but still cool I heard that somewhere else and wanted to know the entire list.

cool stuff

what the fuck at u2. bloody hell. i think green day should have been higher but well done to them to get that high :)

yay for mcr too.

what the fuck at u2. bloody hell. i think green day should have been higher but well done to them to get that high :)

yay for mcr too.

I agree - U2 are proficient musicians, they have the pyrotechnics and the back catalogue, but they're a fucking vacuum when it comes to passion.

I agree U2 isn't what they used to be, but after Boy and War, when they were still trying to get peace in Northern Ireland, they were incredible, unbelievable passionate. Back when Bono had that rooster hair cut. If this is supposed to be the best of all time, there are some serious omissions there.

thats cool...they should have been higher, yes. and no U2 at number one.

if its possiable, could you post what they said 'bout MCR and Against Me!? :blush:

Ah yeah, I was told about this, but it's slipped my mind.

I'll go see if i can find a copy to scan for today's news.

Thanks for the reminder.

I agree - U2 are proficient musicians, they have the pyrotechnics and the back catalogue, but they're a fucking vacuum when it comes to passion.

that's totally right!

U2??!!come on...

I think Green Day should have been higher on the list 1st or 2nd.

nah not really

but why are they all punk bands really where the heavy rock and metal i have seen some heavy rock and metal bands that would eat those bands live and u2 sorta does deserve number green day are probally fine where they are i reckon they dont ALWAYS need to be number one or two

they dont ALWAYS need to be number one or two

exactly

but well there should be another number one

cause they are the best of NOW

u2...im not a huge u2 fan

did they do anything special in this year?

wow my chemical romance is that high? i was bored to tears when i saw them live and i saw them 3 times.

number 7..hmm good..now mcr shouldn't have been so high.even though it all makes sense..he wines...

nah not really

u2 sorta does deserve number green day are probally fine where they are i reckon they dont ALWAYS need to be number one or two

I wonder if you saw both of them last year? I did and U2 was in no way close to Green Day

in their live performance. I was SO disappointed. They sounded great, but it was .....uhmm... boring.

Boring is a good word to describe last years U2 show compared to Green Day.

(Not to mention I took my whole family to see Green Day for the price of one ticket to U2.)

I also saw MCR and they sucked live, they shouldnt even be on the list.

Most of those bands i've never even heard of,

you don't know most of those bands? that's werid.

Archived