have green day encouraged you to be individual

greenday-are-my-religion

hell yes, i thank god for there music, i used to always want to fit in, and i would come home crying because people would laugh at me, and then i started to listen to the music and really listen to them, and i said to myself it seems like they really don't care what people think of them i wish i could feel like that, and then i changed, so now if anyone makes fun of me, well u'll see that person in pain later on, because i caused it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been weird in school, like in elementary, people thought that being the weird kid was cool, so therefore I was cool. Then in 6th and 7th grade, being cool was dressing in the sluttiest clothes possible and having sex on the Jay Street Bridge, sooo...I wasn't so cool anymore.

Green Day gave me that "fuck 'em all" feeling that makes me an individual, and walking around in weird clothes and scaring 3-year-olds' parents is actually kind of fun :P

:wub: I love green day, there work influences my design and art work! :D

I LUV ur sig.

"I rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not"

- Kurt D. Cobain

That is an awesome quote!

I grew up with Green Day. They actually came out when I was 11, turning 12 that year, so I started liking them then. I was in 6th grade, and it seemed like no one listened to that kind type of music. I don't know the reason why, but they showed me how to keep all the bad people out of my life and let the good ones in. The bad people being the cliques who only like you for what you have and how much money your parents make, the good people being the friends that I have to this day. They showed me how to become more of an individual, voice my opinon more, and do what I wanted to do instead of what everyone else had planned for me. By the time Insomniac came out, 86 and Reject were my anthems. They still are.

no. i dont think green day really encourages true individuality out of their fans. well, they may encourage it, but it not what the fans take out of it. most green day fans who say green day influenced them to be an "individual" are the people spitting out billie joe quotes day after day and acting like green day.

I've always been an individual, atleast I like to think that way :P

something that Green Day taught me through their music, is to not be afraid to show it.

I've always been an individual, atleast I like to think that way :P

something that Green Day taught me through their music, is to not be afraid to show it.

yeah, i have been to. only, i did show it before green day. haha. come on, who else would spray their hair red and blue, wear ice blue lipstick, and carry around a pillow with justin timberlake's face taped to it at 11? :lol:

^a crack whore :lol:

haha, okay, what CLEAN person does that? :lol:

I think they did y'know...encouraged me to not give a fuck what others think about me and not to worry about people that judge others. I am me...that's all there is to it. If you don't like me then that's not my problem, it's yours!!! :D They showed me that the people who matter most are those who stay in your life and play an active role, they are the ones who will always be there for you no matter what! In college when I was listening to Green Day LOADS I was in a group of friends who were made up of all the misfits who didn't quite "fit" into any other "group", however it wasn't all about "fitting in" it was about hanging out and having fun and acceptance of who you are! Green Day taught me to accept people and not judge before knowing...

No not really. I always really have been i think, i dont really care if people accept me or not. My friends and people that do, thats cool you know? :thumbsup:

i used to try to be like everybody eles so that i wouldn't feel so alone. but i don't have to do that anymore because i don't wanna be like everyone eles the only person who i can be like completely is me.

Yes, I used to smile and be sweet. But since I heard Green Day, I´m an individual person, I´m serius and I´m like Jesus of Suburbia

David Sylvian and No Doubt encouraged me to be my own person, but I guess Green Day had a little part in it.

i think it was just music in general, green day had a little part of it but i listen to other bands too, they've encouraged me to be more of an individual too.

Yes, I used to smile and be sweet. But since I heard Green Day, I´m an individual person, I´m serius and I´m like Jesus of Suburbia

hahahaha, good one... :lol:

my friends are still my friends... they like me for who I am not for the music I listen to

and new people likes me or dislikes me for my personality, I don't think music can change completly a person :huh:

As one of the older members here, I can say I've always been pretty much an individual, tho I admit I used to shy away from things...but now....shit, i'm lost for words...JOS hit me hard..."to live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy" & "I've walked this line a million and one fucking times...but NOT THIS TIME"~~~

those lyrics i'll be forever thankful for, and one day i WILL thank them personally!!

TOTALLY THEY MADE ME THINK DONOT GO WITH THE FLOW BE YOURSELF AND IF PEOPLE OR UR FRIENDS DONT LIKE IT THEN DOT LIKE THEM JUST BE YOURSELF AND NOW I AM AN INDIVIDUAL WITH MY STYLE AND MY OWN MUSIC

Nope......i was already diffrent befor i even heard of green day they interduced me to new music thats about it

yup they made me not really care if people dont ike me, because i know who i am now more than i ever did

hmm how can anyone be an invidual, really? Down the line everyone is following some sort of trend. That's life.

Like people have said, Green Day weren't the only band who encouraged me some earlier bands like the Pistols and Rage Against The Machine were more influential because my parents listenened to them whilst I was growing up.

But to some extent yeah when I was about 13/14 that was a hard part of my life, like it is for most teenagers and Green Day lyrics just got me through. They have helped me to think in life and were one of the bands that inspired me to play drums so yeah I guess they have encouraged me.

Don't you think it's strange how a song can influence you so so much? And whenever you hear it you never want it to end because you know how much it's helped you as a person to overcome a fear or a feeling?

Am I freaking people out?

Should I stop babbling? :P

^^ I think I'm going crazy, when I first read sociology I thought you'd written scientology!

I had all these thoughts going through my mind like, "omg what a freak!"

Sorry :/

Anyways, I've always felt slightly different, Green Day didn't really encourage me to be any more of an individual than I already am, and being individual is just a joke anyway because as someone's already said, everyone is following some sort of trend...the only thing Green Day has really done for me is introduce me to the whole rock side of music and whatever, and I can listen to stuff that I really feel, instead of relying on pop music about how sexy someone is.

Yeah... Before I just followed my friends.... and did what they did...

Now I do what I like to do. :3

It's more fun...

:thumbsup:

Archived