which song would represent green day best?

Hugo?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go with Minority, it's Green Day philosophy crystallized - strong, but not harsh, the voice of a defiant heart. It's battle-poetry for the one nation of under dogs, it's one light and one mind - it arms itself for the cynical, soul-sapping world, and still leaves that heart wide open.

yep I agree! :D

Probably Long View. Great song that started everything for them

Every single one the have writen

Agreed. Everything they write is them, all of there songs are who they are.

american idiot it shows how far they will go and how they are not concerned with the preisdents thought.

i'd say Basket Case. or, maybe Minority. or maybe even Waiting. gosh, this is hard.

minority and longview

... and american idiot?

I obviously don't know :)

i dont really know if im getting the question

but if one of my friends asked i would have to say good riddance.

not because i think thats there best song or represents them best, but because thats probably the most famous song by them and the only one my friend would know.

...i have no idea what i just said :blink:

This is a hard question.

Welcome to Paradise, classic Green Day,

Time of your life, one of the greatest songs ever,

American Idiot, defines Green Days newest era.

I’m having trouble choosing one song that could really represent Green Day as a group- for what its worth. Some of us would go with the 'story of my life' Jesus of Suburbia, although defying every aspect of Billie Joes mind, and representing the best musical composure the group has to offer, does it show the smooth, at times grunge 'clear' vocals, of explosive Billie Joe? Does it show Tre cools magic drum solos in the album of the century Dookie, or Mikes infamous Bass riff in Longview? I don’t believe a fresh punk song on Dookie, the great 1,039 smooth, even Kerplunk!, could show how the band would cover the 'punk' essence. In my mind Minority itself couldn’t cover every spark Green Day sets of in our 'vigilante' hearts, sure Minority follows up the 'you are your own sight', the cause for rebellion and individuality Green Day has marked as their own the past sixteen years of their career. 'One light one mind' prevailing the most spoken words of a "real" Green Day fan surfaces the emotional and dark lyrics that Billie Joe sets out under his feet in every whimsical tune. Even Minority doesn’t cover the fresh, raw punk rock sound, the flesh tearing drum solos, or of course the Mr. mike dirnts Bass riffs. One song simply cant do that, but In my mind it can lead you to uncovering what Green Day has to hold, that one 'first song', that made you 'the fan'- the one that made you know Green Day, the person would have to call themselves a real fan first before Answering this question.

god dam

i could not agree with you more

i'm glad at least one person said it

all of their music on a whole? basketcase. i know, i put just so much thought into that didnt i?

Archived