which song would represent green day best?

Hugo?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there is just one song, it's alot...like Homecoming, Minority, Waiting.

Uhmm...Longview to represent "old Green Day"...and JOS to represent "New Green Day"

I think Reject. No matter what they do, they are rejects. First from the mainstream, now from Gilman. It makes sense. At first I would say Minority, but since they are so big right now, it doesn't seem like that would fit them.

Green Day is still the "Minority," but their fan base isn't.

I’m having trouble choosing one song that could really represent Green Day as a group- for what its worth. Some of us would go with the 'story of my life' Jesus of Suburbia, although defying every aspect of Billie Joes mind, and representing the best musical composure the group has to offer, does it show the smooth, at times grunge 'clear' vocals, of explosive Billie Joe? Does it show Tre cools magic drum solos in the album of the century Dookie, or Mikes infamous Bass riff in Longview? I don’t believe a fresh punk song on Dookie, the great 1,039 smooth, even Kerplunk!, could show how the band would cover the 'punk' essence. In my mind Minority itself couldn’t cover every spark Green Day sets of in our 'vigilante' hearts, sure Minority follows up the 'you are your own sight', the cause for rebellion and individuality Green Day has marked as their own the past sixteen years of their career. 'One light one mind' prevailing the most spoken words of a "real" Green Day fan surfaces the emotional and dark lyrics that Billie Joe sets out under his feet in every whimsical tune. Even Minority doesn’t cover the fresh, raw punk rock sound, the flesh tearing drum solos, or of course the Mr. mike dirnts Bass riffs. One song simply cant do that, but In my mind it can lead you to uncovering what Green Day has to hold, that one 'first song', that made you 'the fan'- the one that made you know Green Day, the person would have to call themselves a real fan first before Answering this question.

Minority. I think it's everything they stand for wrapped up in about 3 minutes.

hmm old green day: minority or basktecase or longview ( i cant choose!)

new greenday: jesus of suburbia

i dont know, there are lots of phases of green day. if that made any sense.

ill say minority, because green day always was and still is about being yourself and not letting others tell you what to do. thats what i think, at least.

Fuck this is hard! Ummm, I dunno. :/

I'll agree with FOD and say Minority cos Green Day stand up for being individuals and not letting others push you around

I’m having trouble choosing one song that could really represent Green Day as a group- for what its worth. Some of us would go with the 'story of my life' Jesus of Suburbia, although defying every aspect of Billie Joes mind, and representing the best musical composure the group has to offer, does it show the smooth, at times grunge 'clear' vocals, of explosive Billie Joe? Does it show Tre cools magic drum solos in the album of the century Dookie, or Mikes infamous Bass riff in Longview? I don’t believe a fresh punk song on Dookie, the great 1,039 smooth, even Kerplunk!, could show how the band would cover the 'punk' essence. In my mind Minority itself couldn’t cover every spark Green Day sets of in our 'vigilante' hearts, sure Minority follows up the 'you are your own sight', the cause for rebellion and individuality Green Day has marked as their own the past sixteen years of their career. 'One light one mind' prevailing the most spoken words of a "real" Green Day fan surfaces the emotional and dark lyrics that Billie Joe sets out under his feet in every whimsical tune. Even Minority doesn’t cover the fresh, raw punk rock sound, the flesh tearing drum solos, or of course the Mr. mike dirnts Bass riffs. One song simply cant do that, but In my mind it can lead you to uncovering what Green Day has to hold, that one 'first song', that made you 'the fan'- the one that made you know Green Day, the person would have to call themselves a real fan first before Answering this question.

wow thats some writing you've got there.. do you have like a final answer on this?

american idiot

minority

basket case

and maybe st. jimmy

Minority and Green Day maybe....

Longview

Basket Case

Welcome To Paradise

Green Day(the song)

basketcase is supposed to be the most known greenday song so id say basketcase

Archived