Green Day Backmasking?

catholichornet

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really believe in it that much...

but still its really weird how the song "stairway to heaven" was backmasked

the oposite about heaven! something like "666 satan 666" ect.

I love it when n00bs call n00bs n00bs. It makes me all happy inside.

And actually, I'm surprised you didn't get yelled at. Last time I called someone a n00b I got bitched at. You know, because this is a loving and caring environment.

I'm not a n00b, I'm just new.

although it could be true, i doubt it was on purpose. i mean, what the hell is up with the mustard???

i liked the hilary duff one though. 'hail this Nazi land.' lol. sounds just like her :D

and i read in an article that they do like eminem. it was an interview.

how is hillary duff like a nazu :huh: that doesn't make any sense... just because you dislike her doesnt mean she's a nazi.

That's just damn special. If you try hard enough- anything has a message when you play it backwards.

yeah, when you reverse it, almost any song has a message unintentionally. the only difference between interpretations is if it's someone high going "dude, did he just say mac' and cheese on my feet?" and someone out to get "devil music" and listen to it and say "did it just say satan is here?"

i know they're way short on that list though, because insane clown posse has a crapload of intentional ones, from their first album to their newest one.

WTF is up with that? I don't think Billie Joe meant the songs to do that.

*cough*

yea i have heard of them there has also been many threads of this i myself found out one part billie says 'i see you with someone' somewhere in holiday(suprised wikpedia thing doesn't know yet or any other websites i have crosses). it can happen anywhere its just backmasking..

I'm sure if they where going to do that, they would make it something cool

not retarded like that

Guest Quietus

Dudes, just because it sounds like something backwards doesn't mean they intended it to be that way. I doubt every band goes through their song, and then plays it backwards to make sure there is nothing wierd there. I doubt it's even on their minds. It's just the luck of the words being sung.

• 1 month later...

I was just browsing through you tube when I came across a very interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcNSGfuI6-w

I found it very interesting, I know of songs that have got subliminal messaging in but I didn't really think that green day might have too.

Do you think that these were purposely put in? I think the one in Geek Stink Breath may have been. How about Welcome to Paradise, pure coincidence or blatant rip off?

i thought that was supposed to be a joke??

is it just me, or does that seem bollocks. you can make anything sound weird when you play it back. look at the fake trivium videos, when you put funny words to them it looks like the really are saying shit like 'its in the way you piss'.

its all suggestion, manipulating what is actually there to get effect.

plus, playing it in backwards sounds creepy, and nothing like what they are saying.

i think this must be on the Web links section

btt, that was interesting, but it wasn't so believable

they didn't do that on purpose, thats just how it sounds when you play it backwards

oh my god, a sounds sound like another song when played at a different speed backwards!!

the subliminal messages are getting in my head!!

*must worship devil/kill parents/myself.*

nah :lol: , its interesting, and thanks for posting it. i just dont buy it at all.

sounds fake to me. there are a few, but im pretty sure those are fake.

The two message ones do sound very fake but I think the Welcome to Paradise - Ramones is quite interesting. The guy has made several videos, he made one for fall out boy and I guess he's just going through popular songs and looking for "subliminal messages" that vaguely sound like something.

I dont think they intended on doing that.It just happens to sound like that when you play it backwards.It's just a coincidence.

well if i had a good computer (which i dont) i would probably figure that out.

Archived