Hey losers / A little Green Day story

Tunny

Hey guys. I wrote this for school a bit ago and I hope you enjoy it.

anyway, I miss all of you... and It's good to see GDA growing and having new GD-loving members.

puke. arright, well here it is.

the assignment was to tell about a life-changing experience or whatever.

“Concert”

The Memory that lingers in my mind is the memory of the concert I went to on August 23, 2005. They were my absolute favorite band, also the biggest band in the world at the time—literally. I had practically idolized them. The talent; the pride; the quality of the music; the attitude. The conglomerate of those traits made the ideal group—in my mind, at least.

I, along with two other people, arrived at the venue about an hour before the concert. The tension of the crowd and the energy was inexplicable. I had never seen such a throng of people. The age range was at least 10 years to 35; the styles of the people were so different; you would never see a mass of people so diverse anywhere else. To even start to describe the music would evoke salty tears from my already bloodshot eyes. I’ll start with when the trio made their entrance.

Lights flickered and strobed, briefly revealing the eager faces of the avid fans. Screams, yelps, hollers and simply the silent sound of excitement could be heard from miles away. The beloved bass player sprinted across the stage twice, then preceded to pluck the same note repeatedly in a rhythmic pattern. Following the bassist was the drummer who emanated this silly, playful vibe. He joined along with the bassist, making sense of the note he was plucking. Last, but definitely not least was the lead singer. He found his usual spot, in the center of the stage, thus causing young girls to cry and scream (shamefully, I was one of them). They continued to play their popular songs, and some more underrated ones. Overall, the music was fast and energetic; powerful and amazing. I pumped my fist in the air and sang every word to every song. I loved it.

At the end of the concert, the lead singer, opinionated and angsty, shouted to all of the fans, “ Believe what you think is right and don’t let anyone tell you differently!” To this day, those are the words I live by.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the concert, the lead singer, opinionated and angsty, shouted to all of the fans, “ Believe what you think is right and don’t let anyone tell you differently!” To this day, those are the words I live by.

yack, thats awesome sentence.... :)

wow wee that was great!!! i went to a gd concert on the 26th of august last year!!! it was exactly how u described it :D

i remember there was an old lady like in her late 70's or early 80's going balistic the whole time. she sat behind me...well actually we didnt really sit down, we stood up the whole time but whatever. it was really funny seeing her dance and sing and go crazy to green day. her poor grandson was so embarassed lol...

wow wee that was great!!! i went to a gd concert on the 26th of august last year!!! it was exactly how u described it :D

i remember there was an old lady like in her late 70's or early 80's going balistic the whole time. she sat behind me...well actually we didnt really sit down, we stood up the whole time but whatever. it was really funny seeing her dance and sing and go crazy to green day. her poor grandson was so embarassed lol...

lmfao yeah 3 drunk men sat behind me and they were such pricks

lmfao yeah 3 drunk men sat behind me and they were such pricks

lol. i was so happy to see my favorite band live for the first time and then see them win 7 awards the next day....

that was the best week ever...

Wow, I haven't seen you on in forever.

Good story, too.

That was really good! I love the way you describe them entering the stage.... :wub:

Shanks everyone, it's good to hear. I wrote it in January, but I haven't been on since then.

tori! goood story. my favorite part is

Awesome story. Reminded me of the concert I went to :blush:

and Welcome Back!

awww good story!! hehe too bad I can't really relate since I haven't been to one of their concerts but that's an awesome ending :)

Now i know what i've missed out on..

:(

It's good

I LIKE IT

Good explaining

aw, that was awesome :)

age from 10 to 35? lol, at my concert there was this old lady in front of me that nearly got a heartattack from the noise of the fireworks

i loved your ending, such a great quote

Archived