Green Day and Drugs

nessa1416

While their songs aren't completely autobiographical, I see this lyric written by Tre in response to an ongoing problem in a relationship he was in

"I haven't drank or smoked nothin',

In over 22 days,

So get off of my case ".

The fact he hadn't done anything in over 22 days, seems to be unusual and not the norm.

I can't imagine them living the lives they are and not doing drugs, at least once in awhile, if not often. Obviously drugs have serious consequences for some people, however, artists since the Beatles have talked about how acid and other mind expanding drugs have helped them with their ability to write songs, look at Longview, Mike wrote the bass line on acid. While this may not be a good reason to take drugs, I really don't care what they do, as long as they don't hurt themselves.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well billie more that likly isnt on drugs anymore cause he has a wife and he has 2 little boys. and we no how much he loves his family

Tre ummmmmmmmmmm...................."tre cool plays the drums in green day and snorts donut sprinkles"

Mike just has 2 much coffee!!!!!!!

they all have lifes now aprt from the rock star thing so i dnt think they are

but then again..................................

Obviously drugs have serious consequences for some people, however, artists since the Beatles have talked about how acid and other mind expanding drugs have helped them with their ability to write songs, look at Longview, Mike wrote the bass line on acid. While this may not be a good reason to take drugs, I really don't care what they do, as long as they don't hurt themselves.

I would agree with this too, and further say that artists have been using opiates and other substances, long before the Beatles, and for the same reasons - to disinhibit, to expand consciousness, and just to put your head in a different place and then express from there.

That, to me, is the feeling of Insomniac - Billie is writing directly from the place where the chemicals took him, which was a place inside his own head, but the speed gave him a very intense and acute perspective, and jesus, he reported back with his usual point-blank honesty. I personally think it was worth whatever he did, but

what he did was something fucking huge, with real consequences for him on both a personal and artistic level, and it so sucks that Insomniac didn't get the accolades it should have gotten at the time. People were completely prejudiced in their attitudes, and no-one was willing to take the guy who wrote Dookie as a serious artist - their complete fucking loss.

yeah i know that 2 dollar bill thingy and all the drugs problems but they said they ve changed...and id like to belive that..anyways..drugs ARE bad....you should never try them!even though green day did.. :(IPB Image

I'm sure they all do. But like someone said, they probably just don't even consider pot a drug anymore. lol. I couldn't imagine them doing hard drugs now, though. They're getting older and more mature, as you can see in their music. They're pretty much dropped drugs as a topic for their songs but at the same time they talked a bit about coke and other drugs in a couple AI songs.

But like when you think of it, they're all parents now. Parents just don't do that. Well some do, but like, they just can't be like that.

Anyway, I say they probably do. Not as hard as some people or as they were young, though. I can't see any of them dying from ODing so I'm not worried about it (except the parent thing). Their more responsible than that.

its pretty obvious they dont do herion. They did say they used to do speed and acid, and all that shit. but yea im pretty sure they still smoke pot. but maybe, not i dunno.

i dont think they do heroin...but, maybe, marihuana..:))

i think they like to call ''mary jane''

and sounds so funny

u can imagine someone saying

''im fallin love with mary jane'' :lol::lol:

in fact spider man have an affair with mary jane...well, in the movie she's calling mary jane, what a funny coincidence :lol::lol:

I wonder about their drug use sometimes, it's a big misconseption that marijuana is a safe drug but it's not. It's even worse than cigarettes! They've been using it since their teens and you'd think it would have a bad effect on them sooner or later. Alcohol and meth are horrible aswell, I wonder how their drug use will affect them in the future, lung cancer isn't something we want to imagine our beloved Billie, Mike, and Tre having.

Exactly, we wouldn't want any of them to die or get sick because of drugs. I think that pot is ok for them to smoke, as long as it's not often. In BIAB you see Tre smoking pot but he calls it lettuce. In the Rolling stone interview from November the interviewer says about how Billie joe smoked cigs and drank a lot of beers and then passed out. We all know that they drink. Someome earlier had mentioned that Mike looks like he did a lot of drugs, and he does look like he did a lot of drugs back in his teen and 20's years. and I would really hope that they don't do heroin. :/

i wouldnt say they're addicts,but im sure they smoke a joint every now and then. i guarantee tre is always on crack :shifty: maybe thats why he's so freaking hyper :happy:

i wouldnt say they're addicts,but im sure they smoke a joint every now and then. i guarantee tre is always on crack :shifty: maybe thats why he's so freaking hyper :happy:

I don't think he need crack to be freaking hyper... :whistling:

This thread deserves a healthy dose of my photobucket.

WTH does that haveto do with this thread :blink::P :bored:

tre told me that he doesnt smoke any more...

ill ask billie nd mike later if they do or dont... im not sure about them...

umm...ok

hmmm.....does billie smoke cigarettes a lot? that sucks dude cuz its worse than pot or speed.

uhm? wtf

i think they only stick to recreational drugs now. and they do it out of the house, like at parties or working or whatever. lots of people grew up like they did. i know my parents were stoners as teenagers..its something you just grow out of , you just smarten up.

i think in the past billie joe used to take drugs but not anymore and i think i read in an interview that he said he had to get rid of all his drugs and alcohol bottles once he had kids.

a wise man once said you cant have one without the other two, when speaking about sex drugs and rock and roll.

eveybody do drugs sometimes.

um. no, they don't. But guessing from your bad grammar, I'd say you've done more than enough for all of us.

They probably do now and again but I can't see them doing heroin :o

Billie said this a bit back "I'm a father now. I have a certain responsibility. It isn't just my life anymore. I don't want my kid finding bottles in the house or seeing his father completely smashed. I don't want him to get the impression that his father is a drunk, a bum. Having children is a big responsibility and I don't want to make a mess out of it. I don't want my son thinking that I care more for booze than I care for him. If you have children, you don't want to have drugs and drinks in the house. You know they might reach it. It's just not good." So I think he's given up the drugs as he's got older and wants to be a good parent. Not sure about Mike and Tre' now.

Archived