Green Day and Drugs

nessa1416

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes but thye aren't normal parents are they. they're in the media. just imagine if one of their kids saw their daddy in the paper smoking pot etc. yeah okay, you could get away with it if you're a 'normal' person but when you're in the spotlight like they are it could be a little bit more risky.

yes but thye aren't normal parents are they. they're in the media. just imagine if one of their kids saw their daddy in the paper smoking pot etc. yeah okay, you could get away with it if you're a 'normal' person but when you're in the spotlight like they are it could be a little bit more risky.

....and dont forget pot is technically illegal. they would get busted big time

i think they smoke and drink but no more drugs.. not many.. cuz i think they realized that it isnt good.. :/

I don't think that they do that kind of stuff anymore. They joke around about it now, and I think that if they really did they wouldn't be so outspoken about it.. or they would be busted. And yeah, like everyone else said.. they're parents now.

O come On I mean There gonna have to take Paracetamol when they fell sick aren't they? lol

No I don't think they take drugs any more (Not including Paracetamol and other pain killers)

I think yeh they would have when they where younger...But now that they are fathers I highly doubt it.

But everyone is intitled to there option!

And plus they have more sense To no the damage in what Drugs can cause.

i think they only did drugs big time when they where younger. but i can still imagine them with a bit of pot now and then, in the studio maybe... like when they had the kart track n all that. anyway, as long as they dont get killed, pot is harmless. and i believed Tré when he said he snorts donut sprinkles!! :P

They were parents when Insomniac was out (well, billie and tre) but obviously we know they were doing drugs then. They were really young back then, they're just a lot older and more responsible, plus their kids are older and more impressionable.

They were parents when Insomniac was out (well, billie and tre) but obviously we know they were doing drugs then. They were really young back then, they're just a lot older and more responsible, plus their kids are older and more impressionable.

Very, Very True

i hate every kind of drugs... drugs are only a way to run away form pain

Runing away from pain is something bad ?There are many reasons why you start doing drugs , not just to run away from pain . Yeah but somehow you are kind of right . :dry:

Here Look this is on Green Day.net

Do Green Day use drugs or drink?

The band admits to using speed in their younger days but since they have had children they have cleaned up a bit. The band does not hide the fact that they smoke pot quite frequently. Billie has said that he drinks a lot and it's not rare to see one of the band members with a beer in their hand.

Just because you might smoke pot, you don't exactly do it in front of your children. I have a friend who gets stoned sometimes with her mum, and she didn't know her mum did any of that until she actually caught her. It's not like you have to sit in front of the TV watching Dora The Explorer and sharing a joint with your kids, pot smoking parents can, and do, get away with it by no means getting thier kids involved in any way at all.

I bet it would improve Dora The Explorer, though! :)

And I agree with your point - unless you're a major stoner, there's no reason your kids would have to know. Most parents don't skin up until the kids have gone to bed; I think there are a lot of parents out there doing just that and accommodating it in their normal family lives.

well i dont know much about that one only that durin insomniac era they used amphetamines so that they could be into the state described in the record.but wut if they do smoke pot?we all do it sometimes dont we?

i think pot shouldnt be considered as a drug.alcohol is more dangerous

Psh if they don't do drugs they're not hXc enough for me!!!1one!11

lol i dunno maybe they get high but i doubt they do heroin. :/ id be really worried if they did.

Doing drugs is stupid, one of the most stupid things you can do, especially if you have kids, now I not saying they do drug (I hope they don’t for the kids and family sake and their own), people think it a way of getting away of w/e is brother you but its not, it just stupid BS if you do them are have done them! I don’t do them, never have and never will!

I bet it would improve Dora The Explorer, though! :)

And I agree with your point - unless you're a major stoner, there's no reason your kids would have to know. Most parents don't skin up until the kids have gone to bed; I think there are a lot of parents out there doing just that and accommodating it in their normal family lives.

I think a lot of what was said above is true. In one of the more recent articles I read they said something about smokin up while in Amsterdam. They obviously still drink, and they strike me as the type of guys that still occasionally smoke weed. Not in front of their kids of course. I know several people like that. They do it when the kids aren't home, when they are out partying, at a friends house, etc. My guess is thats what they do. As for the hard drugs, I think Billie said something about meth/speed around the time they were making AI. Thats probably part of the reason Adrienne commented that their marriage was pretty strained at that point (on VH1 Driven). I don't really think they do those type of drugs anymore. I think just mainly alcohol and weed.

Of course in articles & interviews they are going to deny it. Their kids are old enough to read and listen.

i dont think they do drugs anymore.... i doubt they still think they need to get high :/

I don't think it's always a question of getting high - with them, it might sometimes be coming down after a show, it's that way with a lot of artists.

This is about adults doing drugs as a fact of life. People can be at a point where it's important to know that there's an 'escape' button to press when you feel the need, and more so for artists, who stretch themselves emotionally and push their boundaries more than Joe Average.

I don't think it's always a question of getting high - with them, it might sometimes be coming down after a show, it's that way with a lot of artists.

This is about adults doing drugs as a fact of life. People can be at a point where it's important to know that there's an 'escape' button to press when you feel the need, and more so for artists, who stretch themselves emotionally and push their boundaries more than Joe Average.

Once again I am awed w/your way with words. You are the most articulate person on this site. :wub:

Its just as bad, (well maybe not as bad ) to do it behind kids backs as it is in front of them, both stupid ways, it just like hiding something, no wait they are hiding something if they do to where their kids have no clue that they do it, if they do, its still a bad example and not being a full responsible parent if you do that in front of them or behind their backs, drugs like that shouldn’t be done period, no matter if some think its " the thing to do" or if they Think "its cool" that no an excuse to do them, cause it not, "cool"!

Even if they did/do heroin, I don't think they'd broadcast it that much. Billie may have spoken about the harder drugs he did during Insomniac, but only to put a reason to why that album was darker, or what was going through his head at the time. He wouldn't have been doing them at the time of the interview.

Heroin isn't pot. It's alot harder than that. And there's probably a bit more taboo surrounding drugs in general now. And I don't think Green Day wants to be held responsible for influencing kids to do drugs. I mean, they've got more younger fans now I think.

Its just as bad, (well maybe not as bad ) to do it behind kids backs as it is in front of them, both stupid ways, it just like hiding something, no wait they are hiding something if they do to where their kids have no clue that they do it, if they do, its still a bad example and not being a full responsible parent if you do that in front of them or behind their backs, drugs like that shouldn’t be done period, no matter if some think its " the thing to do" or if they Think "its cool" that no an excuse to do them, cause it not, "cool"!

Run on sentence much? you sound like you have a little too much caffeine in your system

I wonder about their drug use sometimes, it's a big misconseption that marijuana is a safe drug but it's not. It's even worse than cigarettes! They've been using it since their teens and you'd think it would have a bad effect on them sooner or later. Alcohol and meth are horrible aswell, I wonder how their drug use will affect them in the future, lung cancer isn't something we want to imagine our beloved Billie, Mike, and Tre having.

Even if they did/do heroin, I don't think they'd broadcast it that much. Billie may have spoken about the harder drugs he did during Insomniac, but only to put a reason to why that album was darker, or what was going through his head at the time. He wouldn't have been doing them at the time of the interview.

Heroin isn't pot. It's alot harder than that. And there's probably a bit more taboo surrounding drugs in general now. And I don't think Green Day wants to be held responsible for influencing kids to do drugs. I mean, they've got more younger fans now I think.

Billie Joe did speed to get mental clarity - I can"t imagine why he would do a loser drug like heroin. Most of what he"s done, from what he says, amounts to mood enhancers rather than trippier stuff or hallucinogenics.

As for influencing younger fans, I"ve never gone with this bullshit that of all the people in the world who could be your role model, you should pick on the most out-of-the-ordinary people, artists, and then expect them to live some kind of exemplary lives simply because a lot of young kids happen to like their music.

That"s what these young kids have parents for - the GD boys aren"t responsible for anybody"s children but their own.

The one thing GD have done for their fans, as regards their own drug use, is to be upfront and honest about it, and not treat kids like idiots. They"re just telling you the choices they made - it"s up to you to use your brain and make your own decisions for your own life.

People don"t tend to have sex in front of their children either - it"s a question of adult pursuits and adult choices. There are things you may consider appropriate to you, but not for your children"s consumption.

Archived