Wear Green Day

WWJOSD?

So my mom comes home from work and tells me that tomorrow is "Wear Green" Day at her school (instead of St. Patrick's day, for some reason). I interpreted it as 'Wear "Green Day"', and posessing the smart ass gene which I so lovingly inherited from her I suggested she buy the "Kiss me I'm punk" shirt to wear to school. And she like the idea so much, that my 56 year old mother was dragging me along to Hot Topic to find the shirt.

Wow, in hindsight, that doesn't sound as funny as it did in my mind...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha its usually the other way for me

I have to drag them into the store.

Well I got told the same thing by someone about it being St patricks day and they referred to it as the wearing of the green day. So me being the smart alec am going to wear a plaid skirt and a green day t shirt.

I can't wait to see the looks that one brings.

lol sounds kool the way she says it "green day "

it was st . patricks day tommorow? :/ :blink:

hmm forgot all about it thought it would be in weeks later

Nope st. patricks day is tommorrow, well today for me. I am wearing what I said above and am going to draw a four leaf clover on my hand as well as a claudagh. I am also painting my nails green. I should look really cute with a plaid skirt, high heels and a green day t shirt as well.

Well I got told the same thing by someone about it being St patricks day and they referred to it as the wearing of the green day. So me being the smart alec am going to wear a plaid skirt and a green day t shirt.

I can't wait to see the looks that one brings.

I bought a brand new green AI shirt for tomorrow. Wooo. I'm excited. My original plan was to duct tape a shamrock cookie from Starbucks to my chest...

this is just another pathetic tale from some crazy as high school "punk"

jackass

Oh yes, I'm so fucking punk, that it's taken me an additional three years to graduate from high school :dry:

Dipshit.

st patricks day has nothing to do with green day..they're not even irish.

st patricks day is awesome tho! i drew a big ass leprauchan up one arm (from wrist to elbow) he's so cute. and then my other arm i decorated with a chain of 3 leaf clovers.

i wore a dropkick murphys socks. now that's irish, kay?

st patricks day is awesome tho! i drew a big ass leprauchan up one arm (from wrist to elbow) he's so cute. and then my other arm i decorated with a chain of 3 leaf clovers.

i wore a dropkick murphys socks. now that's irish, kay?

Yes, very irish :)

Oh yes, I'm so fucking punk, that it's taken me an additional three years to graduate from high school :dry:

Dipshit.

i was only playing with yas!

chill like :thumbsup:

Wowww, I think my IQ just went up three points. Thanks for the enlightenment. The link between Green Day and St. Patrick's day is a perverted correlation I made between "Green Day" and the allegedly politically correct "Wear Green Day"; a play on words, I suppose you could say...

i was only playing with yas!

chill like :thumbsup:

[rips foot out of mouth] Whoops!

Wowww, I think my IQ just went up three points. Thanks for the enlightenment. The link between Green Day and St. Patrick's day is a perverted correlation I made between "Green Day" and the allegedly politically correct "Wear Green Day"; a play on words, I suppose you could say...

but why celebrate something that's not irish on an irish day? :huh:

why not celebrate some awesome irish/celtic punk bands?

i can see the play on words bit....but you don't have to act on it

flogging molly/dropkick murphys/the go set rock.

exactly

oh yeah!

btw, happy st patricks day to everyone!

just don't turn it into a green day thing please.

(Stolen from Wikipedia):

Saint Patrick's Day (March 17) is a Catholic feast day which celebrates Saint Patrick (386-493), the patron saint of Ireland. It is a national holiday in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, the overseas territory of Montserrat and the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

Because we're (or at least I am) fucking American, and Americans will take any petty thing and turn it into a reason to party or get shitfaced. Why do you think so many white people celebrate El Cinco de Mayo? It can be turned into a "Green Day" thing, because the modern St. Patrick's day has as much to do with the original holiday, as Green Day has to do with Ireland. But that's beside the point.

It's just for fun. It's amusing to see the term taken out of it's original context by someone who doesn't even listen to Green Day.

Because we're (or at least I am) fucking Americans, and Americans will take any petty thing and turn it into a reason to get piss ass drunk.

Besides, what's so "St. Patrick's Day-ish" about celebrating irish bands. Hold that thought, I'm gonna do a google search.

(To be continued...)

st patricks day is an excuse to get drunk anyway...we do it here in oz too you know. all the pubs are having irish bands and booze...

but whatever. hey, let's celebrate AMERICAN bands on an IRISH day. :dry:

Because we're (or at least I am) fucking Americans, and Americans will take any petty thing and turn it into a reason to get piss ass drunk.

Besides, what's so "St. Patrick's Day-ish" about celebrating irish bands. Hold that thought, I'm gonna do a google search.

(To be continued...)

:rolleyes: err, it is an irish holiday :ermm:

I'm not Irish. But I'll use this as my excuse to get wasted while listening to Flogging Molly. :thumbsup:

The "Kiss me I'm punk" shirt? At the top of my "I hate you" list. :dry:

st patricks day is an excuse to get drunk anyway...we do it here in oz too you know. all the pubs are having irish bands and booze...

but whatever. hey, let's celebrate AMERICAN bands on an IRISH day. :dry:

It's not [only] an IRISH day. It's a day celebrating a Catholic figure who just so HAPPENED to be the Patron Saint of Ireland. Geez...

Woah... So now we're talking about 3 things... and all over St Patrick's day. Nice...

I'm not irish either.

I wore my school uniform for st patrick's day today cause I had school I(and its green) :)

St Pat's day is today, isn't it?

well here in oz it is but in the us it aint my religion teacher put on a the biggest irish accent it was fucken funny as it was like he had been smoking pot and doin somethin else

Archived