When Has Green Day saved your ass?

stablesoulsgonebad

because many of the songs are about what i'm going through, they depress me a lot sometimes. I mean when someones telling you that you walk by yourself and then starts dragging on about it for 4:20 secs. It's not nice and that's one of the reasons i'm sick of that song. So i wouldn't say they saved my ass at all, but they are many other songs that cheer me up so they can be fun to listen to at times. although i'm sick of listening to green day right now, i just can't get into their songs anymore like i used to, one of the reasons are that i think some of them are full of shit now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green day has defantly made me more aware of things that I just completly ignored before and I think that counts for saving my ass

They just made me happy in some tough times I had a couple years ago. They saved me from becoming depressed I guess. And also they taught me it's ok to be different, but I think alotta people learned that from them.

Same here.

Ditto.

They also saved me from a life of dumb-ass-ness. I have always been 'alternative' (for want of a better word) but then i kinda got to the stage when i was thinking, maybe its just easier to be like everyone else? i was suffering from some bad times, and was pretty depressed, so started toning down my image, wearing alot more football shirts and stuff. buying more normal stuff. Then Green day at Mk gig rolled around and i found i had to 'dress-up' to look like myself. The old clothes came back out, and it was like id never been away. i felt myself again for the first time in a few months, and i relised that trying to be like everyone else hadnt made me happy, just more miserable. I was losing myself and GD reminded me who i was again.

Well I won an arugment with a teacher after I said the Zieg Heil bit from Holiday...

cool :thumbsup:

I think alot of GD songs have pretty much saved me. Alot of them have gotten me in trouble also. And then...alot have gotten me friends. So I guess it's all of the above

they saved me from being fucking depressed all the time

so did the zoloft but thats not the point :wacko:

They have never saved my ass. I guess in some wierd way they are saving health. When I work out I can't stand to work out to anything other than Green Day.

they saved my ass when I was in school...english class. The teacher, who hated me btw....told me:"When someone says 'shes a basket case' what does it mean?" I FELT SO GOOD!!!!! take that bitch!

um. When i had a colorguard thing at the half time of a foot ball game..and i was leaving the day of it to go to LA to a GD concert...

:)

Well in school a couple of weeks ago this girl pissed me off we ride the same bus and everything so i was planning to kick her fucking ass and well i asked to borrow someones cd player listened to platypus i hate you over and over until it was my stop. yes i went home and punched a hole in my wall shot a 22 at some beer bottles and egged my neighbors house but did i kick her fucking ass and get in trouble at school no but my neighbor heidi that fucking fat bitch did tell my dad and threatened to call the cops if i didnt clean it up

so green day has helped me a lot

oh yeah and if you have msn add me green_day_babe13@hotmail.com thanks

I think that they pretty much made me realize who I was. I used to just listen to music to listen to it, and not enjoy it.. Or think that I had to be like the girls at my school. But now I realized that I don't want to be all girly and pretend that everything is okay all of the time. I learned that it was okay for me to feel certain ways about things, because everyone has an opinion. I think that they just showed me who I was and now I know what I want to do with my life... :happy:

Well I won an arugment with a teacher after I said the Zieg Heil bit from Holiday...

me too we were talking about bush ans shit like that, then my class ( we all love green day) broke out into holiday it was so funny

Guest Quietus

The saved me from bad music and panic attacks. And they saved me from having nothing to do for art, I use them for multiple projects.

they also basically saved me from myself (by the way i got that off of somebody else's post, i just forgot to quote them). green day made me realize who i am and that i need to be my own person...a minority. wow...thats the corniest thing i've ever written. oh well...its true.

There is so much irony in that statement it's not even funny. Well yeah, it is.

As far as Green Day saving me, nah hasn't happened. Although they did basically got me into music, but they haven't saved me...yet

Boredom, for one. But also I've become more aware of the world beyond my little "bubble," I question things a lot more, and I try not to take anything for granted.

in one lesson we were talking about anti-drug songs and i said 'geek stink breath' and some reject tried to argue it was pro-drugs. idiot :down:

We had to define propoganda on a test and I was trying to think of what it meant on AI but I still couldn't get an answer.

I left it blank.

Sieg Heil by the way

gd never saved my ass (at the moment)

I do that to :pinch:

Ah, me too :pinch:

Well Green Day have made me sleep a lot better when I listen to them whilst I sleep. Um ..for school things I use some of their quotes, or song titles for example, I used some of their songs for street names in math. And just make my day sooo much better whenever I see, hear, or think about them.

Something to think about when youre down:

Billie Joe masturbating on stage :eyebrows:

"ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPACCINO!!!"-Tre on BIAB lol

if you've ever seen King For A Day live, whoo fun times :rolleyes:

any hilarious interveiws

Ah, or just Green Day in general. I find thinking about their songs funyn except for the sad ones.

And they get me ready in the morning lol

one of them was a few words in their songs i didnt know then i find out, then somehow school start mentioning the words........lol

weeeeeeeel i guess they saved me in many ways some more important then others like they taught me to swear and stuff like that but also stoped me from doing sumthing that i would hav regretted l8r thats all u need to no

They helped figure out what people were talking about when thay say 'masturbation'

Archived