Do You Think Green Day Appreciate Sam Bayer.

Jillie Boe.

do you think they do, i mean it seems that why from what you see of them (well it does to me) although i don't think they looked that confortable and confident on sams ideas on the makings of: but do you think they like his work, like how he did their music vids, biab and if there going to do an AI movie............maybe that too, but we don't know about that yet so you know. :rolleyes: what do you think?

Appreciate, sorry.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, definently, there are always saying that it wouldn't have happened without him, and they mention him at award shows and shit.

and they mention him at award shows and shit.

well they kinda have to, it would be rude otherwise and people will see them as ungrateful assholes.

yeah they do, well i think so. Then again on the making of either the american idiot video or bobd video, Mike did take the piss, but that was funny. I think they do appreciate the work he does.

i can't say i like him much, but i don't know him personally so who am i to judge.

Green Day said that the AI videos were the best videos, so yes, I assume they appreciate him, atleast as a director. Plus the millions of times they've mentioned Bayer was 'emotionally involved' in their work.

Yes, I think they do. If they didn't like the direction he was going with the early videos, I don't think they would have kept him to make the later ones, or even BIAB. And like the underbelly said before, they have mentioned many times that he is emotionally involved with thier album. And on the "making ofs"' they looked like they had fun, even when Sam was being an ass. And keeping in mind, he did have a whole segment in BIAB to himself, green day must think he's doing something right.

I`ll agree with that. people who think that the band had no say in the way he did the videos are being totally blind. the videos wouldnt have come out if they didnt like them and understand what Sam was trying to do with them.

YEAH!! I guess he's going also to do the AI movie because then it woulde be an other kinda movie

then the video's of AI, And Green Day say that their AI - videos or the videos..

The best of their video's sorry :ermm:

No, I think they think he's annoying and a poser. Nah, its me who thinks that. But he does make good videos, and I do think they appreciate him.

Last I heard (in some MTV article from last year) the band hadn't even approached Bayer about doing the AI movie. And that was said by Sam himself. I hope that stays the truth, because I really believe in this movie. I think it's encouraging that they aren't having Bayer direct it (God willing), because it shows that even if they were satisfied with his work on their music videos, they view the AI movie as something completely separate and safe from the MTV culture. I hope. :unsure:

Well, didn't he say the JOS video was the last thing he was directing?

From the way they talk about him they obviously love him and his work. Personally I think he did an OK job with the AI stuff for the most part. Besides the Wake Me Up video and some parts of JOS and BIAB, I liked it. But I also think he's a prick.

Yeah, I think the band appreciates Sam Bayer because without him their music videos probably wouldn't have been as successful as they were. I think they appreciate his ideas and his great directing skills.

I thought the filming of Milton Keynes was poor. Was 1029837439389 times better to be there. Didnt get the best bits filmed.

I dunno... I get what you mean on 'The Making Of'.

From Sam Bayer to Sam THE Bear. And Mike's comments in the van, too. He makes out that Bayer is only going to work if he gets enough money, right? Or did I misinterpret that?

I think they do and they dont. But he must be doing something right if they get music video awards alot.

I thought the filming of Milton Keynes was poor. Was 1029837439389 times better to be there. Didnt get the best bits filmed.

Wasn't it the greatest! But it's never as good as the real thing, though. But I agree with you that they missed out a lot of the good bits.

I think that they like him cause of how they talk about him, also i think that Sam Bayer did a good job on the videos and an ok job on BIAB but he annoys the hell out of me! :pinch:

they mention him all the time, and talk about how american idiot was the best music video they've ever made because of sam bayer's directing, so i think they like him

Archived