Green Day in Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

rockon99

Green Day in R&RHOF  

349 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they will because

Opened up punk in the 90's

Brought us Punk-Pop when longview came view and led the way for bands like sugarcult and goodcharollte

Good music some of the greatest writings of all time(billie joe sure knows how to write a song)

Great musicians

american idiot has really helped

ok vote i wont vote

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no you can't be in it until 25 years after you release your first record and since their first one was 39 smooth in 91 2015 is the first eligablity

I believe their eligible of making it in the future. They're really popular, plus their music is really good. I just could imagine them in their 60's, being in there with all of the other greats.

they haven't been inducted those are just some stuff. i am asking will they be inducted

Won't they all be like like 42-ish? :/ Lol, but I think they will make it :thumbsup:

Oh, yeah; if they're not rock and roll, I don't know who is. Wouldn't they just love it too?

Hey, rockon 99, your sig - the guy in the middle is Gandalf, right?! :)

Edit: Just to save me spamming further down in this topic - I know it's John Kerry, guys.

yeah they'll definitely get in. how could the people who decide deny them?

Okay, sorry I went to the official website for it and saw who all was inducted. They hardly have anyone in there from that list.. But I think that it would only be right to have Green Day in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. :thumbsup:

Yes, they'll make it in to the Hall of Fame eventually.

Hey, rockon 99, your sig - the guy in the middle is Gandalf, right?! :)

Haha. You didn't know that was almost the leader of America. Haha.

Actually it's not really that funny.

Haha.

Harhar. Muahahaa... :ph34r:

http://www.rockhall.com/hof/process.asp

Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist’s contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation’s nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 1,000 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes, and more than 50 percent of the vote, are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Non-Performers

Songwriters, producers, disc jockeys, record executives, journalists and other industry professionals who have had a major influence on the development of rock and roll.

Early Influences

Artists whose music predated rock and roll but had an impact on the evolution of rock and roll and inspired rock’s leading artists.

The special selection committee elects the inductees in the Non-performer and Early Influences categories.

Side Men

This category was introduced in 2000. It honors those musicians who have spent their career out of the spotlight, performing as backup musicians for major artists on recording sessions and in concert. Though they often play a key role in the creation of memorable music, the public rarely knows them by name. A separate committee, composed primarily of producers, selects the inductees in this category.

Green Day most definitely will get in when they are eligible. The fact that they have been an influential band in the past, and still are should be enough. Many bands cite them as influences, such as Simple Plan and Yellowcard. Hell, even the guys of Aiden like Green Day. Without Green Day, half the stuff that is popular now wouldn't be popular; Green Day paved the way for these bands. (Not to mention the fact that they're 10 times better than alot of the music right now, but lets not get into that debate) :D

well, if the question is wether or not they will make it (which it is) then yes, they probably will. However, i dont think they should. they have established themselves by being rebels, so to become so accepted by the general public would kinda tarnish their image in a way IMO

The question is...Would they go to the ceremony?

And Angeline, yes, it is Gandalf.

they have established themselves by being rebels,

i must have missed that part of their career.

http://www.rockhall.com/hof/process.asp

Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist’s contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation’s nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 1,000 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes, and more than 50 percent of the vote, are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Non-Performers

Songwriters, producers, disc jockeys, record executives, journalists and other industry professionals who have had a major influence on the development of rock and roll.

Early Influences

Artists whose music predated rock and roll but had an impact on the evolution of rock and roll and inspired rock’s leading artists.

The special selection committee elects the inductees in the Non-performer and Early Influences categories.

Side Men

This category was introduced in 2000. It honors those musicians who have spent their career out of the spotlight, performing as backup musicians for major artists on recording sessions and in concert. Though they often play a key role in the creation of memorable music, the public rarely knows them by name. A separate committee, composed primarily of producers, selects the inductees in this category.

Ah, I didn't even read that :sleep: summary by any chance?

hell yes! i reckon they'll get into the hall of fame eventually, how can anyone not want them there :lol:

WackoJacko, I think they've already been accepted by the general public. When you have the seats in a stadium filled with 10 year old kids and their parents at a Green Day concert, I guess that's when you know they're publicly accepted. Also, they've won many "mainstream" awards, even Grammys, so I don't think it'll ruin their "rebel" image. They do what they want, and I respect that. But the "rebel image"? Its long dead :/

they'll be there. Most influential band since Nirvana. All the great ones are there, they will be too.

Archived