Did Green Day influence you to start learning an insrument?

Mallory

Did they influence you into getting a musical instrument?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes cuz I wanted to play a crappy version of their songs :happy:

I wanted to learn guitar before I started to like Green Day, but now I want more than ever

yes, they inspired me to play an instrument. i saw them live and i went... WOAH! i wanna be like that.

nope. i always wanted to play drums. tre had nothing to do with it.

Oh, most definitely! Billie Joe inspired me to play guitar, so I'm taking guitar lessons now. But I'll never be as good as him.

Well I kind of had already been playing clarinet for 3 years before I decided to take up bass. But I mainly took that up because I love basslines. In any song. But yes, Green Day did influence me, since Longview was one of those basslines I loved.

ya man, like green day is so kick ass and theyre music inspired me so much that like i wanna inspire people like that one day so ya

I was already playing when I first heard Green Day. The only influence they had on me was that I played their songs, among others.

oh ya. i was listening to the bass lines on some songs and thought it would be fun to play so i took my dads old bass and started playing their songs. and now mike dirnt is my inspiration :D

Guest Quietus

I wanted to learn the violin and piano for other reasons, but they inspired me to take guitar, along with other bands like RHCP and Beatles. I'm learning a lot of their songs now, and I've never regretted it.

I was already playing when I first heard Green Day. The only influence they had on me was that I played their songs, among others.

Same with me.

of course. :)

i had already learned music (choir stuff, piano and some guitar) but after seeing GD live this past September I really have had a passion to start making music of my own. i'm starting to study music now; all aspects of it, so i can take those journals i've filled up with poems and such from the past many years and make them into songs! :wub:

Definitely. Their concert changed my life. Saved it, actually.

I've been playing piano for 6 years, but I bought my first guitar 2 weeks after seeing them in concert.

ya it wasnt just green day though. it was a lot bands. i liked a lot of riffs and my friend who played told me that they werent really that hard. and ya its pretty much evolved from there

Definitely. Their concert changed my life. Saved it, actually.

I've been playing piano for 6 years, but I bought my first guitar 2 weeks after seeing them in concert.

Same here. I've been playing the piano for 8 years, but after listening to GD for the first time, I bought a guitar -- actually my parents did, and started taking lessons a year after.

yep, i wanted to play the bass really badly.. still haven't gotten enough money though...

They didn't influence me to start playing guitar but they got me to take it seriously. As for bass, I'd say yes. I wanted to play that bass line in Longview so badly and now I can, kind of.

Lots of bands influence me to start but then I started and kinda slacked off and didnt try alot and they made me wanna try harder. :)

They didn't influence me to start playing guitar but they got me to take it seriously.

Same here

They encouraged me to want to learn to play the bass guitar, drums, guitar, and basically any instrument I have the oppotunity to learn.. But I love music too, so that was a big part. I'm currently trying to figure out which one I want to learn first so I can get lessons. :cool:

Well, no, I don't play any instrument. However, I would like to play violin just because I love it and Green Day has nothing to do with it, though they make me want to take guitar.

I have an acoustic that I can't play, but Green Day have influenced me to start electric. But I have always wanted to play any sort of guitar.

Archived