Most cherished Green Day memory

itsCOMEDYandTRAGEDY

Well I was wondering if anyone has a special cherished memory they have that Green Day played a roll in?

p.s. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, the search said it had not.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well mine was at milton keynes

being there was the most amazing thing ever for me.

Unfortunately for me i have not been to a Green Day concert ever but it would probably b the first time i heard Desensitized. It made me so happy. :D

I remember when I first saw the woodstock video, and the mud smacked Billie's guitar, and he kept playing. I thought that was so cool :D

Well, the concert at MK/BiaB reminds me of summer times, road trips, making out al fresco and carefree happiness.

I remember sitting on the floor in my front room trying out all the new channels on our new Cable TV box, and flicking onto MTV2 and seeing the Minority video....that was 6 years ago...My life has never been the same since.

Milton Keynes was the greatest day of my life so whole day is a very cherished memory.

Don't really have a "cherished moment".

They are just great and fun. But best thing right now for me? uhm... biab

Getting Warning... It was the last album of theirs I got, and I was so happy when I'd got them all.

i would say being at milton keynes, best day ever

THAT'S WHEN WE MET!! :woot:

most chereished memorie would heave to be the first Time I heard Wake Me Up When September Ends. It was the first time something had moved me enough to make me cry in such a long time. I spent many years not caring about anything. But in one moment that song and a good three hour long cry, I suddenly was who I had been and decided to start writting again. something that I had not done in such a long time.

defineantly (sp?) my best memory was from September 3rd, 2005 when i saw them perform live and i was literally like 2 feet away from the stage!

Mine would be 7th November 2005 when i went down to London on the spur of the moment. GD were attending BIAB premier at a cinema in Leicester Square. I thought just to get a glimpse of them would make me happy. After waiting outside for 5 hours a few fans including me and my hubby were invited into the cinema to watch it. Although we were too late for the presentation (It was a bit of a scrap to get in) I turned to my left to see Billie, Mike and Tre sat a few feet away. Billie acknowledged us by waving. I was so stunned I fell down the steps! (How Cool!)

I sat and watched BIAB with GD a few feet away. God it was surreal. The band left about half way through. I was so overcome that when Wake me up was on I cried. My hubby just rolled his eyes. Even now I struggle to believe it happened to me. One of the best days of my life.

Other cherished memories will be the times I've seen them live.

When I saw for the first time Boulevard of Broken Dreams...after that Green Day became my life...

Probably when I met them backstage through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

December 14th 2005 was the best green day memory for me. I didnt go to sleep on the 13th because i was too fucking happy, i watched international super hits and bullet in a bible like 4 times and listened to green day and played guitar all night then about 4 30 am i decided to have a shower and get ready, i was waiting around for my friends to pick me up until 7 30.

the whole day was excellent from waiting 10 hours to see them and talking to random ppl was so cool.

most chereished memorie would heave to be the first Time I heard Wake Me Up When September Ends. It was the first time something had moved me enough to make me cry in such a long time. I spent many years not caring about anything. But in one moment that song and a good three hour long cry, I suddenly was who I had been and decided to start writting again. something that I had not done in such a long time.

that's incredibly....intense, maybe? i don't know which word i want to use....

anyway mine would probably be the WHOLE mk day. eating fish and chips in the sun and getting hyped...then driving there, eating skittles and chucking them into each other's mouths and singing VERY loud witht he wind in our faces...realising how much my brother loves to sing loud :D and then realising how huge it was once we turned onto the motorway and the traffic was just solid. then getting there and walking to the bowl, and seeing that many people in one place. and eating cornettos, and drinking beer and watching it get full, and watching my brother and his gf fall asleep together in the sun (aww) and then going up to the top and taking a panorama, then taking sunset pictures, THEN they actually came on. and seeing them as real people, not just on a screen. and standing singing at the top of my lungs with 64,999 other people. and then wmuwse and realising bj was crying. and then the end, standing with my friend watching everyone leave. then finding my bro and gf, walking back to the car in the dark, all holding hands so we didn't get lost. then driving back, almost asleep, listening to paul simon and oasis, with my brothers gf doing the african voices. and then just me and my brother being awake, just with the music on soft. and getting home at half 2, and standing in the empty, newly painted kitchen in the pitch black, and getting into bed and having nothing else left to say.

The concert. Milton Keynes, 19th June 2005. One of the best days of my life. A good memory of it was I wore a Ramones t-shirt to it, and the chip guy gave us £2 off the price 'cause I was a Ramones fan. That was good. Also, when this guy gave me the horns 'cause he was wearing the same t-shirt.

playing bass with them.

Wow, where did you do that? (I mean, at what concert)

The concert. Milton Keynes, 19th June 2005. One of the best days of my life. A good memory of it was I wore a Ramones t-shirt to it, and the chip guy gave us £2 off the price 'cause I was a Ramones fan. That was good. Also, when this guy gave me the horns 'cause he was wearing the same t-shirt.

Wow, where did you do that? (I mean, at what concert)

Sept. 7th, philly.

July 1st, 2005

Saw them for the first time at Rock Werchter... Best two hours i had in a long time :).

The festival lasts 3 days, but i bought my tickets just to see them.. it was expensive, but so worth it :thumbsup:

Archived