Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) at make up school last tuesday in the middle of a tottally retro, pop and 80's teenager-like playlist. The professor said those songs remind her of her teenagehood.

Also American Idiot in a Club Penguin video back when I used to play it. Good old times.

• Like 2

I don't know if it counts if I am the one playing a Green Day song in a weird place, but I am a first grade teacher and I sometimes play GD, as well as other music I like, for my kids (nothing with explicit lyrics, of course). After they sit through a long period of independent reading or writing I give them a brain break. Sometimes I'll play a song and let them dance and go a little crazy. The other day I played Revolution Radio and they loved it! I'm sure it would be a weird place to hear GD if another adult walked in...

• Like 1

this was last night on tv - listening to the baseball playoffs and they played songs from the album.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2016 at 1:38 PM, DoodleBob said:

I heard Stray Heart play in Subway yesterday.

I was mainly confused because...why Stray Heart? :lol:

I've heard Stray Heart in a bar before!

2 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

I've heard Stray Heart in a bar before!

Stray Heart  used to be on the corporate "muzac" at work.🤓

• Like 3

Wake Me Up When September Ends on the radio right after an Ariana Grande song. :P It was so out of place, but easily the best thing they played all day. 

• 1 month later...

I was at a Supernatural convention last month and they played American Idiot at the evening disco. I threw a few shapes that I picked up from the musical 😳 Lol!

17 hours ago, Tinkle said:

21 guns on Woolworths radio - it was a nice surprise grocery shopping

You still have Woolworths?  I think they went out of business here 30 years ago.  You are a bit behind the times arent' you?

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

I was in Tiso (outdoor shop) and hear AI, though, oh that's cool but then realised it my ring tone!  

:ga:  That's happened to me before, too.

When I was in the US we went to a Trader Joe's just outside of Vegas at like 8.30am. Was standing in the line waiting to pay for my stuff and When I come Around started playing. Don't think i've ever heard GD in a supermarket here lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

You still have Woolworths?  I think they went out of business here 30 years ago.  You are a bit behind the times arent' you?

I come from the land downunder yknow.

Went to the Ottawa Motorcycle Show in 2014 to meet a couple of the Sons Of Anarchy guys and beforehand there was a ladies fashion show where they danced to Motley Crue, AC/DC and one of the songs was Let Yourself Go. I had to tell my friends it was a Green Day tune.

On 9/1/2016 at 2:38 PM, DoodleBob said:

I heard Stray Heart play in Subway yesterday.

I was mainly confused because...why Stray Heart? :lol:

To get everyone pumped for those $400

footlong subs 😂

Oh god I just remembered that they played American Idiot on Eastenders :lol: The character was elderly and trying to fix their radio while it was blasting American Idiot :lol: 

• Like 1

I heard them playing Still Breathing in Philadelphia on Monday Night Football tonight.  An interesting song to play in the stadium   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Peacemaker567 said:

I heard a live version of who wrote Holden Caulfield in a Walmart.

This is literally the most bizzare thing I've ever heard. You've got acool walmart aparently:lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

This is literally the most bizzare thing I've ever heard. You've got acool walmart aparently:lol:

Yeah, I think they played it because awesome as f**k had just released at the time, but still, of all songs it was who wrote Holden Caulfield. Not complaining though, that's one of my faves!

• Like 3