Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

after thinking about this good there is no weird place place to hear their songs :P cause they are so famous atm

outside ceasers' palace in las vegas, was so happy when i heard it

They play Time of your Life at the grocery store I work at ALL THE TIME.

It kind of throws me off, cause I start paying more attention to the song than what I'm doing.

I've heard green day in lots of weird places.

Over the speakers in the mall I heard basket case haha. It was funny because it was just playing throughout the entire mall and I couldn't help but jam out to it.

Once, I heard American Idiot in a car advertising :cool:

And Blvd of Broken Dreams at the supermarket (Walmart) :whistle but not the entire song, just a part of it.

I was with my mom at work getting some work done, and someone was listening to When I Come Around on the radio. :D

• 2 weeks later...

At the bank on Friday I heard Good Riddance playing over their sound system.

• 2 weeks later...

oK i consider this one epic - its not TOTALLY weird, but fricken' awesome.

So, last night i was up reading till about midnight, with my window open. I wanted to get some cool air for the morning, which would be hot. (its summer here). Aound 11:30, some dude drove by, and he was BLASTING Good Riddance REALLY loud. I got up and looked out the window. He had already driven by, but i could still hear it. For the next minute, even though i could ACTUALLy hear it anymore, the song kept playing in my head. I woke up again around 2 AM and heard the violins...

It was SOOO fucking amazing.

1,000th POST BITCHES!!!!!! :runaround::bunny::banana::runaround::dance::D:runaround::dance::bunny::banana:

• Like 1

I heard 21st Century Breakdown in a shoes shop... :shifty: ..and Holiday during the advertising of a new Dr House episode :blink:

I went to Disney World in Orlando, FL last November and we stayed at the All Star Music Resort. Every morning, for some weird coincidence, as soon as I bought my breakfast and sat down I heard Poprocks & Coke playing on the radio. Not sure if that's random but it definitely made me smile! :D

• Like 1

in the bus time of your life and then i went to buy few things i heard AI and i was two green day songs in one day ! that's awesome :P

I heard one playing at verizon wireless one time. I wish they would play green day at my school, but its a christian school. All christian music:(

I heard "Wake me up when September Ends" in a Kidz Bop commercial once. I was like "Why would they choose that song? It's kind of a sad song that talks about the death of Billie's father." Don't get me wrong Wake me up When September Ends is a good song, but I honestly think that if they were gonna sing a Green Day song, pick one that's fast and upbeat. That's what all the kids like right? Isn't Kidz Bop just a bunch of pre-pubescent kids covering songs for kids mainly for the sound of the song? I still hate Kidz Bop just so you guys know. :)

• Like 1

The local band of my high school was playing Brain stew just in front of the church, at the mass (i think that's taht in english :S) and when al the people got out of the church, they stopped and they played East Jesus Nowhere xD

in the 'angkot' well that's a public transport in indonesia, i heard Macy's Day Parade. well it's kinda weird :blink:

Edited by BJoekArms

On a MCR concert, before they got onstage. The song was American idiot. It was not weird though, it was fun. Some people of the audience sang along, Including Me!

my little seven year old sister came home today, "we could go with our class to (i.d.k where) and when we were in the buss/coach (i.d.k. what's appropriate) they played Green Day."

(yes, I thought here who Green Day is) and I was like... '^.^ who plays Green Day in front of seven year olds, luckily it wasn't Long view or something (oops, my fault she knows that one)

but 21st century breakdown. Still laughed.

oftopic and spamming, very sorry, but gotta mention this.

All these weird places mean one thing: Green Day is so awesome as f*ck they'll pop up everywhere if you open up your ears.

I heard the Panic Song in a record store...Not an odd place to hear a Green Day song...But the Panic Song?

• Like 2