VH1+Green Day= Ass-kissery, much?

Minna

It has never bothered me, but it is when they play it for something that doesn't make sense... or, like it doesn't even fit the whole purpose of the song they choose.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!! I always want to say that...not sure why I never have!

seriously??

Doing what? I watched that season...or maybe not!

They were at a shoot and it played the beginning of Supermodel Robots...ya know like the drum part.

Yeah, i think "its pretty lame" people get worked up over this.

Considering how much we all complain about them being overplayed and mainstream... to complain about their music being played during a show..

You only notice it because it's Green Day,

The Network's been on shows for a long time. They were on America's Next Top Model two seasons ago.

I remember hearing that. I was on the computer an all of a sudden I hear Supermodel Robots (I think that's what it was. It would make sense) in the background and I yelled to my sister that there was a Network song on tv. Needless to say she didn't care. I guess I was a bit over excited but that's just how I am.

Yeah, i think "its pretty lame" people get worked up over this.

Considering how much we all complain aboutt hem being overplayed and mainstream... to complain about their music being played during a show..

You only notice it because it's Green Day,

Yeah. I mean if I hear them on a commerical or something, I'm like "oh cool it's Green Day." I'm like whatever because it doesn't phase me. Some people, they let it bother them so fucking much.

They were at a shoot and it played the beginning of Supermodel Robots...ya know like the drum part.

Oh shit...now I get it...the song was on...not the band.

I am fucking stupid sometimes!

Wow, a disney movie? Seriously, what is this world coming to?

My friend one night was watching HBO, and on a commercial they played WMUWSE... and it was a lovey dovey movie too. :dry:

Well, well, well - the spooky prediction I made on my Spookiness New Year's Prediction thread comes ever closer, and it's only January! I did say that Green Day or Billie Joe would do some sort of collaboration with Disney.

Whatever will my crystal ball say next.......?! :wink:

Are you talking about the song being played in the preview for a movie? Because that doesn't mean that the song is on the actual movie soundtrack, and I don't think the band really has anything to do with that.

Yeah it's just on the preview. Like American Idiot for Wedding Crashers...it wasn't in the movie.

And BOBD for Lords of Dogtown. Remember when they were going to write songs for the Batman Begins soundtrack? Yeah, that didn't happen.

people just need to accept the fact that you arent the only one in the world who like green day. there are other cool fans, and the biggest band in the world will have songs on tv.

Thank you for showing that SOMEONE here has a little common sense. :thumbsup:

it was on the previews before the incredibles...we watched it like the last day of school in algebra. i walked in and green day was playing. i was like "DUDE I LOVE THAT ABLUM!" and then it turned into kareoke hour

and about the network on vh1...it was also on 100 red carpet moments. where that guy sneaked in the golden globes or oscars or something. i was watching so i could see tré climb the globe and next thing i hear is "joe robot"...again with the kareoke

And BOBD for Lords of Dogtown. Remember when they were going to write songs for the Batman Begins soundtrack? Yeah, that didn't happen.

Ok, I'll pull back from my gloating - but it's only a matter of time! The man has that baby from Who Framed Roger Rabbit tattooed on his arm - I think he's serious about his cartoons! :)

that is an awesome tattoo

and whats wrong with cartoons???? hell i still watch tom and jerry and almost everything on boomerang, INVADER ZIM!!! and family guy, american dad, futurama, and the simpsons

and others i cant think of at the moment :)

That is an awesome tattoo.

Yeah, and think how long he sat for all that ink - not to mention, ouch! Like I said, serious about his cartoons!

(I like his lucky stars better, but let's not go there..!)

Well...I think we can safely say that none of the members of Green Day shrink from the pain of a needle. I just like the colors. :)

I want a tattoo, dammit!

Songs on TV-->Songs in movies--->Songs in Disney movies--->Cartoons--->Tattoos of cartoons.

DUH. :rolleyes:

Well...I think we can safely say that none of the members of Green Day shrink from the pain of a needle. I just like the colors. :)

I want a tattoo, dammit!

But it has to mean something to you; and no way get a baby smoking a cigar. What about Angelina Jolie's one?

'Quod me nutrit me destruit' - how cool is that? I'd love it myself!

That which sustains me destroys me? I'm just guessing here.

And hell nah, I wouldn't get no baby. I want a snake wrapping around my arm, and a DRAGON! Oooh, and some Sanskrit or Hebrew writing! And---

I better start saving. :dry:

This reminds me of the Howard Stern Green Day interview from like 1997. Howard says how he's considering getting a tattoo, but he can't decide on one, and BJ says you just have to do it, or you'll never get it done. Whatever, that's his attitude. And clearly the reason why he has so many goddamn tattoos.

Guest RhetoricalGrasshopper

That which sustains me destroys me? I'm just guessing here.

And hell nah, I wouldn't get no baby. I want a snake wrapping around my arm, and a DRAGON! Oooh, and some Sanskrit or Hebrew writing! And---

I better start saving. :dry:

This reminds me of the Howard Stern Green Day interview from like 1997. Howard says how he's considering getting a tattoo, but he can't decide on one, and BJ says you just have to do it, or you'll never get it done. Whatever, that's his attitude. And clearly the reason why he has so many goddamn tattoos.

You should go get yours right now!!! And the phrase "Mi adoro Kate" needs to be worked in in a clever way...

Haha. :laugh: Believe me, once I'm 18...

OH! And I was going to mention--my friend in Latin said that when she was on vacation she saw a woman with "SPQR" tattooed onto her arm (Senatus Populusque Romae, meaning "The Senate and the People of Rome". It was the official standard of the empire, and appeared on everything, including our Latin handouts in class :rolleyes: ).

Guest RhetoricalGrasshopper

Haha. :laugh: Believe me, once I'm 18...

OH! And I was going to mention--my friend in Latin said that when she was on vacation she saw a woman with "SPQR" tattooed onto her arm (Senatus Populusque Romae, meaning "The Senate and the People of Rome". It was the official standard of the empire, and appeared on everything, including our Latin handouts in class :rolleyes: ).

You know I'm going to be one of the awesome people with tattoos in Latin.....

Hmm, maybe I'll do Hogwarts's motto, that seems pretty intimidating.

Archived