What Green Day used to be

cabot_girl

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you want to prove how cool you are you are in the wrong forum, i personally dont care how long anyone on here has been in to green day.

people shouldnt, i respect the people that havent heard early stuff but actually say it rahter than claim they have and look idiotic

get a life, because life is short, before it ends, make sure you have one

if you want to prove how cool you are you are in the wrong forum, i personally dont care how long anyone on here has been in to green day.

people shouldnt, i respect the people that havent heard early stuff but actually say it rahter than claim they have and look idiotic

get a life, because life is short, before it ends, make sure you have one

I just haven;t seen that interview...I have seen one where he said he didn;t like the way they acted but what does it matter anyway?

Precisely, being the biggest band in the world doesn't make them a celebrity. People have this mindset that if you're big, then you're a celebrity.

Dude, you can buy ramones and ac/dc shirts at walmart and target. green day isnt that far...yet

classic tactic. when there's no argument left, compare them to bigger sellouts in an attempted justification. after all, if you're not the biggest at something, then you aren't it at all, right?

They never said they wanted to be the biggest band in the world.

how can i be expected to take your posts seriously when you make completely incorrect comments such as that?

This place sucks....its filled with kids who think of Green Day as flawless Gods...I have been a fan for 13 years now (its pathetic I know) and I have never stopped questioning what they do...whether I agree with it or not...and that is what makes the music mean so much to me...I can see when they are wrong...and I do not like the direction they are heading in based on the success of AI. Great album yes...but at what price?

so what if he said he hates celebrities? they really thought they were punk back then, and said anything to make people think that. theyre just being themselves now.

Great album yes...but at what price?

that makes me fucking sick. so your saying youd rather look cool and have an unpopular band then a cd you like? but ill admit, im worried what the hell kinda music will come out of all this.

sorry, but the video keeps ending halfway through 86, can anyone explain to me in detail what happens?

I think the adeline clothing line was more 80's thing than billies.

I bought some stuff online over the weekend from adeline, does that make me bad?

Kinda hypocritical dont you think...and last I checked that was very un-punk...and yes I am the foremost authority on punk...I guess you like the polite billie joe...enjoy that...I can't stand it anymore...seems kinda phony...he is very hollywood...

I know what you mean. He did kinda lose that whole awesome random feeling about him. But i'm not gonna go as far to say that he should change. The man is over 30 years old with kids and wife. You kind have to expect him to start acting semi-normal.

so what if he said he hates celebrities? they really thought they were punk back then, and said anything to make people think that. theyre just being themselves now.

I cannot believe you posted just that. That has to be the most stupid thing i've read today. And trust me, I've read some pretty stupid things.

I know what you mean. He did kinda lose that whole awesome random feeling about him. But i'm not gonna go as far to say that he should change. The man is over 30 years old with kids and wife. You kind have to expect him to start acting semi-normal.

I cannot believe you posted just that. That has to be the most stupid thing i've read today. And trust me, I've read some pretty stupid things.

yeah it is....hahha....so what that last person said I guess was that Green Day was lying to themselves about what they believe for 15 or so years, and now there being themselves?....I think its the other way around.

yeah it is....hahha....so what that last person said I guess was that Green Day was lying to themselves about what they believe for 15 or so years, and now there being themselves?....I think its the other way around.

...This thread really needs needs to be closed. I honestly don't care everyone else's oppinion on them anymore...

i just finnally got the video to work, and when i saw the underwear i laughed my ass off. it is pretty nuts tho. im still pissed that people dont see thats warner bros

i just finnally got the video to work, and when i saw the underwear i laughed my ass off. it is pretty nuts tho. im still pissed that people dont see thats warner bros

It's cinderblock too. thats their major liscencing company

ya, that might be true. :( oh well, i thinks its kinda the point of no return. the odds of them all the sudden acting like teenagers again are slim to none, so you all might as well get over it.

Well, they AREN'T teenagers anymore. Do you think his children would want their father acting like a teenager?

Archived