'Saviors' listening parties - starting Jan. 13!

A Worry Rock

So cool! Going to go to the one in Normal, IL if anyone is interested in meeting me there.

• Like 2

I’ll be attending my local listening party!! I hope they give out some cool goodies like Paramore and a few others did last year! 😁

Only on 13th january? I cant see the when the event starts even when I click on the store. Got to work on 13th till 2pm but would join EMP in Dortmund or Hannover

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

So cool! Going to go to the one in Normal, IL if anyone is interested in meeting me there.

I’m trying to figure out how this works at each store. I checked some store websites but they don’t have anything. Are these actual events with set times or do you just go in and ask to hear the album and they’ll play it for you? I already pre-ordered a copy so I’m not going to order it there so I’d feel bad to just go and listen and leave. I don’t think this is how I want to hear the album for the first time anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m trying to figure out how this works at each store. I checked some store websites but they don’t have anything. Are these actual events with set times or do you just go in and ask to hear the album and they’ll play it for you? I already pre-ordered a copy so I’m not going to order it there so I’d feel bad to just go and listen and leave. I don’t think this is how I want to hear the album for the first time anyway.

I called the store I'll be going to and they essentially said just show up before 5, everyone gathers and listens to the album.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Little trip to Montreal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Usually there’s a set time, I’d call ahead of time to ask your store what they’re doing

• Like 2

I’m hoping to make the Dublin one!!

14 minutes ago, A Worry Rock said:

Pre-release listening events at participating record stores on the 13th.

https://t.co/ZaotPiPaTs

There is one near me, woo-hoo! Not my city but pretty close.

Everything will be leaked by January 14th 😂

• Haha 4

Any GDCers planning to go to Chicago ones?? 👀

• Like 2

The meetup in Oslo, Norway, will have a listening party, quiz, serving of drinks and entertainment. Sounds fun, lucky those of you that can attend it. 🤩

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

Usually there’s a set time, I’d call ahead of time to ask your store what they’re doing

Thanks. If it's just that Saturday, I'll be on a plane to Berlin.  Bummer since they're doing it in both Pittsburgh and Berlin, but I'll be neither here nor there.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It's Green Day related so I think it would be best to get there a day early and camp out like a lunatic, 😄.     It might be crazy packed or us gdc people might be the only ones there. Might depend on the location.   But I'm guessing it will be kind of crazy busy.  

11 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Only on 13th january? I cant see the when the event starts even when I click on the store. Got to work on 13th till 2pm but would join EMP in Dortmund or Hannover

The one I’ll attend has just posted the time on their twitter

Spartanburg, SC here we come. Somebody get a copy of the album, film the whole thing, do whatever you can legally do.    Doooooooo

2 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

The one I’ll attend has just posted the time on their twitter

EMP and the two in Hannover didn‘t post about it 😕

I'd prefer to listen to it alone the first time rather than with a group of people, but this would mean avoiding the internet for almost a week to not have it be spoiled.

Oh god I would have to drive more than 200km for the nearest listening party 😂

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I'd prefer to listen to it alone the first time rather than with a group of people, but this would mean avoiding the internet for almost a week to not have it be spoiled.

I agree I'd want to listen alone with my headphones but I'm too intrigued by the exclusive giveaways... what if each store has one of the 100 7" TADIKM/LMNB singles?!

• Like 4

I'll be at the one in Delco/Lansdowne,, PA. Their  IG page mentions that it is at 1pm on Saturday.

Looks like two record stores in my city are doing it! Very cool, have they ever done something like this before?

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Sanity Loan in Normal....I dunno. Seems like a pretty crazy place.  😄 

• Haha 3

No listening parties in South America 😢

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 'Saviors' listening parties - starting Jan. 13!