New album theory

dudley dawson

17 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I would love a live album filled with Trilogy and RevRad songs! It would be great especially since they never officially released a live album or DVD for RevRad.

I'd love that. But I have a feeling that if they were to release a new live album, it would likely
1) Be filled mainly with old songs that already appear on Bullet In A Bible or Awesome as Fuck
2) Have little to no trilogy songs on it, due to how mixed opinions on the trilogy are
3) Have a bunch of mediocre songs from FOAM

• Like 2

9 hours ago, michael1989 said:

My source has given me an update on this. Apparently Hetfield wasn’t happy with Lady Cobra’s vocals so he snuck in at night and re-recorded them with none other than Lou Reed. GD have since exited the project.

Lulu volume 2 coming 2021.

Axing Green Day was the right move. We don't really need them in 2021.  Did James explore Lady Cobra's vocal chords enough though?  Maybe he needs to re-explore her vocal chords.   I feel like she would be perfect for Lulu 2:  Lulu 2:  Lulu 2:   Lulu 2.    That's the new title.   It's meta or something.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/9/2020 at 4:19 PM, dallasthemenace said:

this moment isnt the time for entertainment, as nice as the momentary distraction would be. though i wouldnt be surprised to see a (GD) charity single for BLM or other significant cause/charity. but i kinda doubt there's going to be much entertainment going on for the time being. depending on what happens between now and then, things might begin to veer back a bit more towards 'normalcy' as july 4 approaches in the states. unless jumanji 2020 has other plans for the next few w

• Confused 1

We miss in GD discography modern live versions of 1039 and kerplunk usually played songs like razorbacks, 80, words i might have ate, road to acceptance, I was there... I think next live album should include it

15 hours ago, That Dude said:

Axing Green Day was the right move. We don't really need them in 2021.  Did James explore Lady Cobra's vocal chords enough though?  Maybe he needs to re-explore her vocal chords.   I feel like she would be perfect for Lulu 2:  Lulu 2:  Lulu 2:   Lulu 2.    That's the new title.   It's meta or something.   

Lou has taken a liking to this idea and Hetfield has now been booted from the record. It’s now a Lou Reed and Lady Cobra album.

Lulu 2: Nightlife

And the Target deluxe version

Lulu 2: Nightlife (BMX-cellent Tits Edition)

Comes with free pig sniffing glue. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 8:44 AM, alexander_seiter said:

I'm ready to speculate again. I already miss that haha

Me too, to be honest I never really stopped. I still to this day don't believe the band took FOAM seriously in the slightest and I doubt they would just throw that album out there and not have something better in the works. I never really stopped speculating to be honest 😂

Sure, MOOTIK is no longer the secret album (unfortunately), but there was and still is far too much evidence out there suggesting the band were always working on stuff behind the scenes. I expect a new album before the end of next year. Probably would have been even earlier if it wasn't for covid.

• Like 2

I dont care what they do at this point I'm a blind fanboy I'll admit it. The worst it can be is as bad as FOAM where most people trash it and it becomes a meme and I'm just kinda like eeh its alright 

On 9/4/2020 at 5:45 PM, Flashback said:

I already love this thread. So let‘s analyze all GD instagram posts for hints!!

I don't have instagram, but has there been anything juicy on there?

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

An American Idiot part 2 would be perfect right now.

I would take any Rock Opera by Green Day if they would just give it another shot. I don't even care if its related to AI or not. I just want something epic like 21CB.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Red said:

I don't have instagram, but has there been anything juicy on there?

I would take any Rock Opera by Green Day if they would just give it another shot. I don't even care if its related to AI or not. I just want something epic like 21CB.

I would be satisfied if they just release an album like Revolution Radio. It's nothing big like AI or 21CB but a really good album with good songs.

• Like 2

After thinking about this in the favorite trilogy album thread I realize that it’s my opinion that (even though they can’t really make a “bad” album) every album since Uno has at least been inconsistent. Uno was a solid album all the way through with little to no “skips” just like every album before it. Starting with Dos, every album since contained at least two skips for me or more (Dos, Tre and RevRad) or were just a bit inconsistent in quality with recycled songs, previously written songs, etc (FOAM)  Billie hasn’t written a solid high quality 100% original album since Uno. 

He’s lucky he’s still hawt ❤️😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

After thinking about this in the favorite trilogy album thread I realize that it’s my opinion that (even though they can’t really make a “bad” album) every album since Uno has at least been inconsistent. Uno was a solid album all the way through with little to no “skips” just like every album before it. Starting with Dos, every album since contained at least two skips for me or more (Dos, Tre and RevRad) or were just a bit inconsistent in quality with recycled songs, previously written songs, etc (FOAM)  Billie hasn’t written a solid high quality 100% original album since Uno. 

I’m not that much of a Uno fan, but I agree that there’s been a lot of inconsistency since the trilogy. The Longshot album is an exception for me even though he drew inspiration from other songs for quite a bit.

Yeah and I mean, if he didn’t expect to live until now, he probably also didn’t expect he’ll have to keep writing new albums :lol:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’m not that much of a Uno fan, but I agree that there’s been a lot of inconsistency since the trilogy. The Longshot album is an exception for me even though he drew inspiration from other songs for quite a bit.

Yeah and I mean, if he didn’t expect to live until now, he probably also didn’t expect he’ll have to keep writing new albums :lol:

I sure hope to God that he planned on being alive a lot longer so he had time to put out mediocre joke albums like FOAM as well as deliver good shit like Revrad, 21 CB and everything before it. 

Like can you imagine if Billie was content with Uno, Dos Tre or FOAM being the last Green Day record? 

What a way to cement a legacy am I right? 🤣

I think that 2020 is gonna help a lot with helping people understand that life is too short to put out mediocrity if you are caple of far more. 

I really don't want to think about it that much, but IF they are thinking of hanging up the guitars soon, I really hope they do it on a high note and not just accidentally let another FOAM be their last record. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Couldn't agree with you more. I think Revrad is far more consistent than Uno, Dos Tre or FOAM though to be honest the only song I really skip is ordinary world and that's only sometimes. It being the last song on the album means it can end on a really high note whenever I want it to (Forever Now) or if I am in the mood for something more chill and reflective I can just let OW play. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Haha exactly. He thought he’d be dead by 40. So any albums we get after that are just gravy 😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Red said:

I sure hope to God that he planned on being alive a lot longer so he had time to put out mediocre joke albums like FOAM as well as deliver good shit like Revrad, 21 CB and everything before it. 

Like can you imagine if Billie was content with Uno, Dos Tre or FOAM being the last Green Day record? 

What a way to cement a legacy am I right? 🤣

I think that 2020 is gonna help a lot with helping people understand that life is too short to put out mediocrity if you are caple of far more. 

I really don't want to think about it that much, but IF they are thinking of hanging up the guitars soon, I really hope they do it on a high note and not just accidentally let another FOAM be their last record. 

Couldn't agree with you more. I think Revrad is far more consistent than Uno, Dos Tre or FOAM though to be honest the only song I really skip is ordinary world and that's only sometimes. It being the last song on the album means it can end on a really high note whenever I want it to (Forever Now) or if I am in the mood for something more chill and reflective I can just let OW play. 

I don’t know... I hope this is just a creative break for him and he goes on to write amazing songs.

I agree with you about revrad, it’s a solid album and except for Youngblood, there’s not a song I dislike.

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Haha exactly. He thought he’d be dead by 40. So any albums we get after that are just gravy 😂

It’s better with this perspective innit - he knows how to persuade us :lol:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

If Billie writes another rock opera I really hope he names the characters after his pets, there needs to be an epic song about Lenny

Please I didn’t know I wanted this but I do. A rock opera but the main protagonist is a cute little dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Please I didn’t know I wanted this but I do. A rock opera but the main protagonist is a cute little dog.

The world needs this.

But seriously, I am sure that we will see many more Green Day albums. Billie's passion is songwriting, and I am sure he will keep doing it as long as he is able. It's his life. 

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

You know he wants to do this. 

Fuck it. In all seriousness I'm ready for a political album. No mention of Trump, just a rock opera with a protagonist who got sucked into the alternate reality of politics on the right and then sees the light. Or something like that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

You know he wants to do this. 

Fuck it. In all seriousness I'm ready for a political album. No mention of Trump, just a rock opera with a protagonist who got sucked into the alternate reality of politics on the right and then sees the light. Or something like that.

This is brilliant.

9 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Rather have a rock opera about a sex addict

• Haha 3