Mike Jones Talks With Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong

Rumpelstiltskin2000

So much to talk about in the world of Green Day and who better to do it with than Billie Joe Armstrong! We chatted on "It's Mike Jones" about why they didn't get political on the Father Of All Mothers... album, how they're going to figure out what to play on the Hella Mega Tour, bringing out their musical influences in the new songs, more music that could be coming as singles or EP's and how we might see Weezer's Rivers Cuomo as a backup dancer!

The Hella Mega Tour with Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer is going to be a lot of fun this year! Make sure to get your tickets by clicking here.

Here's my interview with Billie Joe Armstrong. Make sure to subscribe to the It's Mike Jones podcast so you can hear all of the conversations.

Interview here (this one is available to UK/Europe)

https://www.spreaker.com/user/9809279/mike-jones-and-billie-joe-armstrong-gree?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=user%3A9809279&utm_term=episode_title

Also on DC101 

Just now, kaylubd said:

Me when I see new Green Day interviews:

source.gif

Also me:

giphy.gif

I'm the second one. Literally have heard everything they have to say at this point for this album 

Similar to the Zane Low interview. Again he talked about the setlist being mostly hits with just a couple of new ones. He said even though they love them he thinks it would be pretentious and self indulgent to play too many of the new songs. I disagree! When the audience love them and the songs are as short as they are you can play more of them please! These songs are meant to be experienced live 😭 

Even more painful that he listed his three favorite tracks and they’re the same as mine (MMOTR, Sugar Youth and Graffitia).  I want to hear all three but I’m afraid they’re only gonna do the singles 😭😭

God, that's just embarrassing. The album came out a week ago and they're promoting it with promises they won't play it live? I'm sorry but that's just killing my excitement. I was looking forward to hearing the new material live.

He said here, something like “we’re unstructured right now” and talked about putting out EPs etc and how they were excited by it, I wonder if they have a new contract somewhere that’s freer?

1 hour ago, jengd said:

He said here, something like “we’re unstructured right now” and talked about putting out EPs etc and how they were excited by it, I wonder if they have a new contract somewhere that’s freer?

I wouldn't be surprised if they stay off a label and be completely independent

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

If they announce they're going independent in any other way than by a dramatic return to Gilman, I'll be disappointed :happy:

How poetic and cool would that be? 💚And they’d have to play Homecoming 🙂

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How poetic and cool would that be? 💚And they’d have to play Homecoming 🙂

might cry a little

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

God, that's just embarrassing. The album came out a week ago and they're promoting it with promises they won't play it live? I'm sorry but that's just killing my excitement. I was looking forward to hearing the new material live.

I 'm wondering if it's because the songs have many studio effects so maybe they think they won't transfer as well live. But I'd like to hear  organic live versions without the effects. 😥

Just now, Thelongshot said:

I 'm wondering if it's because the songs have many studio effects so maybe they think they won't transfer as well live. But I'd like to hear  organic live versions without the effects. 😥

So would I, stripped down versions would be really cool 

My god this dude's laugh 😫

A neat little interview, nothing amazing. I like Billie's quick self-promotion for Broken Guitars :lol: 

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

(MMOTR, Sugar Youth and Graffitia). 

He got two of those right :P 

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

a dramatic return to Gilman

Opening with Homecoming and closing with 86! :hi:

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

My god this dude's laugh 😫

I was just coming here to say the same thing, that laugh is so fake and annoying. 🤬

Archived