"Billie Joe Armstrong Of Green Day Shaded Ariana Grande And...No, Absolutely Not"- Buzzfeed article

FruitbasketCase

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

Yeah for sure. But it's also super touchy because everyone has their own standard, morals and beliefs about this thing. 

If someone was oppressed and called a slur and they're revolting through their art they may use that word in a specific context and it's a real issue that happened etc 

I will say though for the most part in popular music today it's used terribly and with such low IQ. It's not really an NWA or Wu Tang Clan type thing. 

It’s their way of taking back the word (or something I don’t know I had someone tell me a long essay type answer but I forget most of it lol)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

It’s their way of taking back the word (or something I don’t know I had someone tell me a long essay type answer but I forget most of it lol)

That's one of the many things 

I never knew non-blacks could use the N-word until a moved to a rough area and every non-white there used it. Even Asians and Indians.

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Whites shouldn’t say that word regardless of context

I wholeheartedly disagree.

In my opinion, just to state that there are words that a only a certain race should be able to use seems ridiculous tbh.

I have seen that word be used in an appropriate and non offensive context by all races, this includes Billie Joe's quotation in 21cb.

1 hour ago, luketrebilliemike said:

After all this crap I don’t want to live in the modern world ! 

Agreed. Some of the shit that people complain about these days is just ridiculous. People are fucking losing their lives to fires and diseases right now, how about people worry about things that REALLY matter like those poor suffering people for example.

1 hour ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I wholeheartedly disagree.

In my opinion, just to state that there are words that a only a certain race should be able to use seems ridiculous tbh.

I have seen that word be used in an appropriate and non offensive context by all races, this includes Billie Joe's quotation in 21cb.

Agreed. Some of the shit that people complain about these days is just ridiculous. People are fucking losing their lives to fires and diseases right now, how about people worry about things that REALLY matter like those poor suffering people for example.

There is ZERO appropriate reason for a White person to use that word 

4 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

People are fucking losing their lives to fires and diseases right now

The first case of Corona came just meters away from a lab. 

Coronavirus is just the product of the world's most recent Manhattan Project

zero reason for a non black person to use it. period. 

Racism is racism regardless. 

I've also received a shit ton of racism from black people in my time. Just cause they're black it doesn't make them non-racists. 

18 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

You have the right to believe what you want to believe, but words are words and only hold as much power as people want to give them.

If there is such thing as a bad collection of letters to some people, the solution is for those people to simply stop giving a shit about the word, who uses it and when, then after a while I guarantee you the word won't mean shit to anyone and it won't have a reason to exist, besides, if it is such a terrible word then what makes it appropriate for someone of one particular race to constantly use it and another to not be able to use it at all? It makes absolutely ZERO sense.

That being said though, I do agree that words shouldn't be used in a way to deliberately hate or discriminate against a different race of people, that is just common sense, but racism ends with people not talking about what divides other people from being other people, the more power someone wants to give to someone else because of their race (like in this case someone being allowed to use a particular word and others not), the more you aren't treating them as equals.

3 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

You have the right to believe what you want to believe, but words are words and only hold as much power as people want to give them.

If there is such thing as a bad collection of letters to some people, the solution is for those people to simply stop giving a shit about the word, who uses it and when, then after a while I guarantee you the word won't mean shit to anyone and it won't have a reason to exist, besides, if it is such a terrible word then what makes it appropriate for someone of one particular race to constantly use it and another to not be able to use it at all? It makes absolutely ZERO sense.

That being said though, I do agree that words shouldn't be used in a way to deliberately hate or discriminate against a different race of people, that is just common sense, but racism ends with people not talking about what divides other people from being other people, the more power someone wants to give to someone else because of their race (like in this case someone being allowed to use a particular word and others not), the more you aren't treating them as equals.

Cause whites are still killing blacks while using the word to this day (yes not as much as they use to but still happens in the south...) how about this when blacks start hanging whites and make whites slaves for 150 years and then only give certain rights to whites for 300 years THEN you can use the word fair trade right? 

Cause whites are still killing blacks while using the word to this day (yes not as much as they use to but still happens in the south...) how about this when blacks start hanging whites and make whites slaves for 150 years and then only give certain rights to whites for 300 years THEN you can use the word fair trade right? 

I'll agree only if you can guarantee a white president after 300 years 

9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I don't think that's how words work, but like I said believe what you want to believe. I don't think it's any more appropriate for a black person to use that word than it is a white person. People are people and colour of skin is nothing more than a colour, just as words are words are words.

Edit:
I'm just going to leave this video here from the legend himself, I couldn't say it any better than him and he is 100% right on this subject.

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I'll agree only if you can guarantee a white president after 300 years 

We have had a white President for 223 years now (Obama is half white so really 231 years if you count him being half white) let’s change it up to having a female president or an hispanic president or Asian or whatever they can be purple and gold for all I care as long as they have the right policies 

We have had a white President for 223 years now (Obama is half white so really 231 years if you count him being half white) let’s change it up to having a female president or an hispanic president or Asian or whatever they can be purple and gold for all I care as long as they have the right policies 

It was a joke cause you were flipping the table. I meant like a white president after not having one after 300 years consecutively. 

7 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I don't think that's how words work, but like I said believe what you want to believe. I don't think it's any more appropriate for a black person to use that word than it is a white person. People are people and colour of skin is nothing more than a colour, just as words are words are words.

There was a black male in Vidor Tx a few years ago murdered hands cut off tongue cut out the N word cut on his stomach and back of course the KKK police chief (yes he’s apart of the Klan as most of Vidor has a strong KKK presence...) says oh it was a drug overdose nothing else so whites are still using the word while murdering blacks  

6 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

There was a black male in Vidor Tx a few years ago murdered hands cut off tongue cut out the N word cut on his stomach and back of course the KKK police chief (yes he’s apart of the Klan as most of Vidor has a strong KKK presence...) says oh it was a drug overdose nothing else so whites are still using the word while murdering blacks  

That is an act of human hatred, and has nothing to do with the point I am trying to get across. My point being that if you say its not okay for someone to use a word, it should not be okay for EVERYONE to use that word.

Anyone who singles out another person of a different colour of skin is just part of the problem.

You simply cannot say that it is not okay for a white person to use a word if it's fine for a black person to use a word.

To me, people are people, and like Morgan Freeman said, racism stops when people start treating people as such.

Changes need to be made to the justice system down there. Here that would not fly. It would be a fucking uproar. 

Changes need to be made to the justice system down there. Here that would not fly. It would be a fucking uproar. 

Sadly small town Texas are 50 years behind 

Without the moral stuff. lets just consider that its just way easier for whites just not to use it or argue over it.  As a white person, im very aware of how race has given me advantages in life. 

i will never know what it would feel like to be black, some of the racist shit society and racists give them is awful. if they want to take back control and use of a word that has been used agasint  them, then so be it!

Sadly small town Texas are 50 years behind 

Well also the foundation they're built off is completely different. Even going back to times of slavery Canada was a safe haven for those who were fortunate enough to escape. 

Not that we were perfect, just slavery was illegal. 

1 minute ago, RisingRedWolf said:

That is an act of human hatred, and has nothing to do with the point I am trying to get across. My point being that if you say its not okay for someone to use a word, it should not be okay for EVERYONE to use that word.

Anyone who singles out another person of a different colour of skin is just part of the problem.

You simply cannot say that it is not okay for a white person to use a word if it's fine for a black person to use that word.

To me, people are people, and like Morgan Freeman said, racism stops when people start treating people as such.

Why is it there’s absolutely no gripes about Jewish people only being allowed to use certain words and slangs Jews ask for non Jewish people to not use goy even tho they use it but not one person goes “why not” but blacks ask whites not to use a word that’s been used to hate on them and used to kill them and it’s “it’s just words why can’t I use it but you can?”

Well also the foundation they're built off is completely different. Even going back to times of slavery Canada was a safe haven for those who were fortunate enough to escape. 

Not that we were perfect, just slavery was illegal. 

The bigger cities Like Houston Austin San Antonio are a lot better but Texas is filled with small towns and when you add the small towns up they outnumber the bigger cities like for elections We are very slowly turning into a blue states in about 30 more years Texas will be blue 

16 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Why is it there’s absolutely no gripes about Jewish people only being allowed to use certain words and slangs Jews ask for non Jewish people to not use goy even tho they use it but not one person goes “why not” but blacks ask whites not to use a word that’s been used to hate on them and used to kill them and it’s “it’s just words why can’t I use it but you can?”

I respect your opinion, but I just disagree. Saying that "only Jews or non Jews can use a word" is no different from saying "only a person of this colour of skin can use this word" I mean its a damn word, a collection of letters that means absolute shit unless people let it mean something.

If someone were to bash or kill me me for saying a word (which I am only not going to say out of respect for other people here) in a non hateful context, those people are just as racist as someone who walks up to a person of a different background and calls them the same word in a hateful manner.

It's a word. Racism ends when people stop acting like certain things are so different from others because we are not. We are all the same under our skin and we all should have rights as equal as the next person.

Again, I am not denying that hatred and racism exists, and no words could ever describe how much I despise anyone who would be capable of doing those things to another human being, but I am simply expressing my opinion on what I honestly think needs to happen in order for those problems to not exist anymore.

The bigger cities Like Houston Austin San Antonio are a lot better but Texas is filled with small towns and when you add the small towns up they outnumber the bigger cities like for elections We are very slowly turning into a blue states in about 30 more years Texas will be blue 

We have the same thing attitudes up here but our system is designed to be weighted so essentially smaller communities have little to no power at all in elections. I think Toronto alone holds 25/150 on it's own while the average small city would only have 1/150. 

Newfoundland which is an entire province only has 7/150. 

All I know is that people who are calling Green Day old and washed up won’t like it when people say the exact same thing about Ariana Grande in 20 years.

Seriously, those people need a crowbar to the back of the head.. :thumbsdown:

Also, insults don’t stop Billie from being right.

21 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Love how all the comments are hating the article on its website  

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2 The author is hardly the worlds best journalist, it’s clearly some way of making money 💰 

It’s purely written for clickbait 

it’s wrong to try to make it out that Billie was being misogynistic he could’ve had done the article if he absolutely had to (he didn’t have to it’s really not needed) he could’ve done it to pose that a person doesn’t have to insult one person to compliment another person but that article wouldn’t get the traffic and wouldn’t get the ad revenue up

Archived