Green Day On Cover of New Kerrang (02/08/2020)

The Grohl

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered mine :D

Actual footage of what Creeper and Green Day are doing to my wallet right now:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

I’ll get it and post scans.

I messaged you. I’m afraid my order is growing 😄

Uh I hope they fix that cover because I for one do not like how you can see billie, barely see tre and mike is blurry.  Not cool.  You can't have one without the other.  Treat them all with respect accordingly.

3 minutes ago, Virtuous Xman said:

Uh I hope they fix that cover because I for one do not like how you can see billie, barely see tre and mike is blurry.  Not cool.  You can't have one without the other.  Treat them all with respect accordingly.

Billie is the main songwriter and frontman. He's always ahead of the other two. 

1 hour ago, Virtuous Xman said:

I think it's just the style of the photo, they use that kinda style in a lot of band photo shoots

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Billie is the main songwriter and frontman. He's always ahead of the other two. 

I get it but yah know, i'm just like don't make it appear like let's only put an emphasis on him and the others are whatever.

2 hours ago, Beyza said:

I think it's just the style of the photo, they use that kinda style in a lot of band photo shoots

I feel you, its just right when I saw it I was like come on man don't do my guys like that.

GREEN DAY: FEAR AND PARANOIA IN OAKLAND

Father Of All… might be Green Day’s biggest ever left-turn. And it might just have reinvigorated one of punk rock’s greatest bands right when they personally needed it, too. This is the story of how Billie Joe, Mike and Tré ripped up their own rulebook and learned to let it all hang loose…

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/green-day-fear-and-paranoia-in-oakland/ 

This comment from Billie in Kerrang:

“For the adults, it’s called Father Of All Motherfuckers, and then for the kids and for the censorship, it’s Father Of All…” he laughs. “It’s always been Father Of All…, pretty much. I did the artwork and I scribbled ‘Father Of All Motherfuckers’ on the American Idiot album cover. Someone said, ‘You’re never going to be able to get ‘Motherfuckers’ on there,’ and I go, ‘Well, just make everybody happy and just put a fucking unicorn on it!’ And then I drew a unicorn and put it over it. So it’s kind of funny, because the unicorn has become this icon.”

Discussing the actual meaning behind the name with Kerrang! last year, the frontman smiled, “It’s just a badass title! I think it was Kerry King from Slayer – they have an album called God Hates Us All, and someone asked, ‘Do you really think God hates us all?’ And he goes, ‘I don’t know! It’s just a badass title!’ (Laughs) As soon as the title came up, I was like, ‘Oh man, this is good.’”

I love how he calls the unicorn an "icon." What??

The fact that Billie made the whole cover makes it my favorite one since AI (I have a personal issue with the 21CB one in case anyone’s wondering if I’m crazy or what :P

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

As soon as I saw the cover I thought Billie made it

I thought it was a given after knowing he did the Longshot art and Woodstock cover which was basically the same thing. I had assumed he did this too.

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I love how he calls the unicorn an "icon." What??

I assume he means as in the icon for the album, like motto.

I read it as more of a logo. Similar to what he referred to in HLAHG when talking with the art department about AIs cover and referring to his Jesus Christ Superstar tattoo.

50 minutes ago, jengd said:

Actually, to quote @kaylubd, the boyos are all over Kerrang magazine!  

https://imgur.com/gallery/X5HYIje

Also, white t-shirt just saying

I really want to read this now, but I’ve got to get my butt outta bed for work to sit in meetings all damn morning.

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I read it as more of a logo. Similar to what he referred to in HLAHG when talking with the art department about AIs cover and referring to his Jesus Christ Superstar tattoo.

I really want to read this now, but I’ve got to get my butt outta bed for work to sit in meetings all damn morning.

I meant logo but am too stunned by the beauty in Kerrang that I couldn't think of the word. 🤪

36 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought it was a given after knowing he did the Longshot art and Woodstock cover which was basically the same thing. I had assumed he did this too.

Yes, it was logical. This time it seemed a lot more ironic though.

I don't really see the escapism in this album though. It's a bit like when Dos was too dark to be a party record.

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I had assumed it was someone at Warner or Crush with a marketing degree. Just because of the fact that unicorns are everywhere right now, I've found myself thinking of Green Day's new album even when I wouldn't necessarily. Walking through the grocery store for example, and there's a display of Hostess unicorn cupcakes. Brain goes "Green Day cupcakes." Lol

6 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

I had assumed it was someone at Warner or Crush with a marketing degree. Just because of the fact that unicorns are everywhere right now, I've found myself thinking of Green Day's new album even when I wouldn't necessarily. Walking through the grocery store for example, and there's a display of Hostess unicorn cupcakes. Brain goes "Green Day cupcakes." Lol

I thought so too and I kind of resented it, because I was like come on, are you really putting the latest cutesy trend on the cover? Could you possibly get less creative?

It's hilarious if it's there because Billie was like "fuck it let's slap an unicorn on it"

5 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

Yeah no way that finished unicorn is his art. I think he came up with the concept and scribbled a unicorn and the art department came up with that. It’s just not consistent with his style though it has elements of it with the eyes and the puking.

Archived