Green Day to sign with Epitaph Record? (DEBUNKED)

Little Boy Named Booze

Oh this would be really, really, really interesting, great catch! 

Why didn't anyone think of this before it makes total sense.  They'd be independent but alongside trusted friends like Rancid and the Interrupters.  What's most interesting is Epitaph is sort of spilling the beans already which means it's a done deal and Green Day maybe are anxious to get more music out there the minute this last album with Warner is done.  They're free!!!!

I see a lot more music in our immediate future.  This gives me hope.

• Todd changed the title to Green Day to sign with Epitaph Record? (DEBUNKED)

@Beerjeezus it's time to bring out the sellout-guillotine for real if Green Day resign on Warner even though they could have signed on Epitaph

4 minutes ago, Bully Hoe said:

@Beerjeezus it's time to bring out the sellout-guillotine for real if Green Day resign on Warner even though they could have signed on Epitaph

I think it's quite obvious that they will. I actually think that the talk about going independent was only a negotiation tactic and if there was a real plan for it, it was just a backup plan if everything fails. Nothing else they do indicates they're going independent - you don't do tour with FOB and a poppy album it you don't want to stay as mainstream as possible. Plus they make quite a lot so it's likely that Warner wants to keep them and gives them a good deal.

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

@Bully Hoe that's a little unfair, we will never know what really happens in these negotiations.

you can rest easy, I sadly don't actually own a guillotine

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think it's quite obvious that they will. I actually think that the talk about going independent was only a negotiation tactic and if there was a real plan for it, it was just a backup plan if everything fails. Nothing else they do indicates they're going independent - you don't do tour with FOB and a poppy album it you don't want to stay as mainstream as possible. Plus they make quite a lot so it's likely that Warner wants to keep them and gives them a good deal.

94101048.jpg

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived