Q Reviews FOAM

Beerjeezus

1 minute ago, kaylubd said:

...Am I the only one who likes Troublemaker? :lol:

I don’t hate it, but the Angry Birds game memory still torments me at night 43.gif 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I don’t hate it, but the Angry Birds game memory still torments me at night 43.gif 

I try to forget that was a thing 🤢

8 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I love it.

16 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

It's one of my favourites from the trilogy. Luckily, I never had the experience of the Angry Birds pack.

I was believing the four star review until I saw Fire, Ready, Aim in the top 3 as well, yikes! I'm just so nervous for the album but trying to stay optimistic. I already hate the producing from the first two songs, if he messes this up... Butch Walker can "suck my cock". 

I feel like people need to give FRA more of a chance. Once you get past some of the production, it's not a bad song. It too me awhile to get into it, but it's pretty good. Sort of like the know your enemy of this album, but I think it might actually be better

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

I liked it. It's a silly fun song. 

14 minutes ago, Taste said:

I feel like people need to give FRA more of a chance. Once you get past some of the production, it's not a bad song. It too me awhile to get into it, but it's pretty good. Sort of like the know your enemy of this album, but I think it might actually be better

@pacejunkie punk i think it was you who said it has Elvis Costello vibes. Best way to describe it. 

I like the song. Short, sweet and a tad violent. 

7 minutes ago, Taste said:

I agree, it’s a cool song, it makes me wanna bounce and smile every time I listen to it :) And there’s actually a quite lot going on, despite the simple song structure, I love the synths for example! It’s totally understandable that some fans not love it, but I do prefer to have a new KYE sounding like this to a new KYE sounding like KYE :P 

39 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

I was believing the four star review until I saw Fire, Ready, Aim in the top 3 as well, yikes! I'm just so nervous for the album but trying to stay optimistic. I already hate the producing from the first two songs, if he messes this up... Butch Walker can "suck my cock". 

He would too

Just now, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

, it makes me wanna bounce and smile every time I listen to it :)

This is why shows in Europe are different 

3 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

This is why shows in Europe are superior 

Spoiler

European Club Tour please 

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Has Billie ever used a line that graphic before?

Anyway, the reviewer thought FRA was a top 3 track, so I don't trust this review.

Bridge of Platypus is up there

27 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I liked it. It's a silly fun song. 

@pacejunkie punk i think it was you who said it has Elvis Costello vibes. Best way to describe it. 

I like the song. Short, sweet and a tad violent. 

Yup 👍 

And I love Troublemaker too (“I wouldn’t say I’m straight cuz I’m bent out of shape” ❤️)

1 hour ago, Taste said:

I think, although a lot of people didn’t really like it in the first place, many of them could get into it through it's high energy live performances. I like the album version too but definitely can feel the energy better in live versions 

Just now, Beyza said:

I think, although a lot of people didn’t really like it in the first place, many of them could get into it through it's high energy live performances. I like the album version too but definitely can feel the energy better in live versions 

They have yet to FRA live.

13 minutes ago, DadBod said:

They have yet to FRA live.

Yeah, I was talking about Foamf since its production isn’t really liked too. I think people would like if they ever played FRA live. I feel like they could play at upcoming NHL show but don’t think it will be a song they frequently play

4/5?

Screw you, it's a damn 5/5 and you know it!  

There wasn't a negative word explaining the rating.  Maybe the usual "this isn't American Idiot" comments could be considered not-positive. Dunno.

This sounds delicious. 

Is that suck...line a lyric or just the attitude?

Haven't heard that word on a Green Day release in 23 years!

2 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:
  Hide contents

European Club Tour please 

I wouldn't say superior. I've been to Black Flag shows you wouldn't have enjoyed too much. There were no smiles. 

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

Yeah, I was talking about Foamf since its production isn’t really liked too. I think people would like if they ever played FRA live. I feel like they could play at upcoming NHL show but don’t think it will be a song they frequently play

I have a feeling they wont even play it at the All Star game. "ah everyones heard it let's play FOAMF for the 100th time live" lol 

Also Oh Yeah will be the new single so that will be played. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yup 👍 

And I love Troublemaker too (“I wouldn’t say I’m straight cuz I’m bent out of shape” ❤️)

I wouldn't say im bent out of shape cause I'm straight 

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I like troublemaker too, especially the guitar solo

9 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Indeed, although the author seems to indicate that Butch Walker has definitely had his pop imprint on it, since he seems to mention "pop", "glossy" and "glam" several times. Well let's see, I suppose one really good thing about this album is that it seems they're not taking themselves too seriously or trying to be pretentious. So, even if the rest of the album is as disappointing as the front cover or FRA, I don't think it'll bother me that much in the end. 

If Butch Walker's production is prominent on the record making it glossy and pop while it could be perfectly good garage rock, I'll be more disappointed than if they made a simply bad record than something I'd normally love but now it'll be just so-so due to a sound I hate (eg: FRA).

I’m fine with them making a good rock n roll/power pop album, its always good to see Billie’s poppier side in my opinion. As long as the lyrics are decent and the production is good then im happy

Q giving them a 4/5 doesn't say much to me.  I mean don't get me wrong 4/5 is good any way you slice it, but Q magazine is basically "the green day" magazine. It would be more suprising to me if they gave it a 3 or lower. I guess at the very least it's a fun album.

Them giving FRA all that praise is a little concerning to me I guess. I like the song and all but if it's one of the top tracks then....eeeh.

Them mentioning Butch Walkers pop influence on the album scares me but I guess we all already should have known that. 

Take the money and crawl sounds fun lmao. 

28 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

If Butch Walker's production is prominent on the record making it glossy and pop while it could be perfectly good garage rock, I'll be more disappointed than if they made a simply bad record than something I'd normally love but now it'll be just so-so due to a sound I hate (eg: FRA).

Ouh damn, yeah that would actually also annoy the fuck out of me too. Although again, the fact that this is such a short and clearly to some degree piss-taking record would still weaken my disappointment quite a bit. But either way, yeah I seriously hope Butch doesn't fk this one up...

The problem is that Billie in interviews  desribe foamfs as if it was in-your-face death metal 😂

I really don't like the way they talk about not giving a fuck and so on xd

We got 2 songs that have strong contemporary pop vibe, especially FRA, which has nothing to do with being revolutionary and feeling angry. 

When it comes to foamf I really got used to the falsetto. I think it's actually a good road trip song. 

And so what if the rest songs will have an old-school rock hints and kind of feel, when the whole production turns out to be polished, with soft guitar sound and Billies altered voice xd 

I don't trust this review, they're good at describing in a colorful way using a lot of comparisons and epithets, but it's not reliable. 

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

Ouh damn, yeah that would actually also annoy the fuck out of me too. Although again, the fact that this is such a short and clearly to some degree piss-taking record would still weaken my disappointment quite a bit. But either way, yeah I seriously hope Butch doesn't fk this one up...

Yeah, I see they're not taking this super seriously and I try to do the same, but I'd still be sad, because seeing something I like being fucked up is just sad. In case this happens, my backup plan is that hopefully they play them all live so I can make a live album.

Archived